Proposal: W. Nylander, Kerfoot, N. Robertson For B. Tkachuk

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
We are looking at career highs for a 20 year old? Good argument.

Tkachuk is already the leader on his team - I dont think anyone sees Nylander on the same path.

You sound like those Leafs fans back in the day arguing that Luke Schenn was going to be more valuable than Erik Karlsson because of his intangibles.

This whole thread is just bickering fanboys and I'm amazed the mods have kept it up this long.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
You sound like those Leafs fans back in the day arguing that Luke Schenn was going to be more valuable than Erik Karlsson because of his intangibles.

This whole thread is just bickering fanboys and I'm amazed the mods have kept it up this long.

A Tkachuk vs Nylander deabate is not exactly the same as a Schenn vs Karlsson debate to be fair.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Tkachuk is the exact thing the Leafs need to win a cup, or maybe even multiple cups. Tkachuk gonna be one of the most coveted players in the league because of his style of play and efficiency in a couple years.

No way in hell.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Tkachuk is the exact thing the Leafs need to win a cup, or maybe even multiple cups. Tkachuk gonna be one of the most coveted players in the league because of his style of play and efficiency in a couple years.

No way in hell.

Yeah, when Toronto has Roberts he was exactly the kind of player Ottawa needed. Skilled, fast team, but didn’t have that kind of player. Now the Leafs could use a guy like Tkachuk on their skilled team. Those guys are hard to find though.

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
I think Leaf fans are underestimating the cap space that would be gained through this transaction.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
What’s also implied here is that Tkachuk’s cap would be higher than Nylander in just 2 years...

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

Passive aggressive way of trying to tell someone they are immature. If you dont have anything to add to the point then go away.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'd make this trade. Love Brady's game and he'd be the ideal LWer for Matthews or JT. I can't see Ottawa doing it for a variety of reasons, although the return is fair. An amateur scout gave the Black Book the best quote to describe Brady. He gives complimentary winger a good name. Brady obviously has the potential to be an elite play-driving LWer in the mold of a Jamie Benn, but his middle-ground as an ideal complementary winger is great.

The real issue with this deal is how the Leafs can maximize the cap-space created for 2020/21 and filling the 3rd line center role.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
So, by that logic, Melnyk would turn down McDavid for Tkachuk

You're talking about the guys who essentially did Karlsson for Tierney, Demelo and Norris

Stone for Brannstrom

Duchene for pick and Abramov, Davidsson

So yes..

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I think Leaf fans are underestimating the cap space that would be gained through this transaction.
Why? They would just have to add the players cap minus the cap of the players Ottawa is offering.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
What’s also implied here is that Tkachuk’s cap would be higher than Nylander in just 2 years...

And Nylander will be higher 2 yrs after that....lol salary going up, deal with it.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Why? They would just have to add the players cap minus the cap of the players Ottawa is offering.

Not in the original proposal.

If the Leafs are picking up unmovable cap dump then it's a different conversation.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Not in the original proposal.

If the Leafs are picking up unmovable cap dump then it's a different conversation.
No, they would still know what the difference in cap would be with any move.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Look Nylander is more skilled,I think everybody understands this...But Tkachuk is a game changer in his own right.. Our owner is broke and is using coupons to keep the team afloat,there is no way he gives up on his ELC contracts...Specifically one of Tkachuk,s calibre,there is simply no deal to be had here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad