Value of: W. Nylander for Parayko

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
What do the blues need anyways? They don't need wingers do they? Young C?

Top 6 C (Stastny is a solid #2 but a reach at #1, Lehtera is a reach at #2)

Middle 6 RW (Lost Backes and Brouwer, only brought in Perron who has traditionally been a LW anyway)

Top 4 LHD (JayBo is still solid, but he's exposed having to keep up with Petro)

Last edited:

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
how about the 7 of 9 seasons where he was between 55-73 points, surely it wouldnt be a stretch to suggest Nylander could throw up 65 pts or so per year. 100pts? of course not

:laugh:

Out of these 7 seasons, you have one where the NHL only played 48 games. He had 55 points.

In 3 others, he had 73 points in 73 games, 69 points in 69 games and 64 points in 61 games.

In other words, he was 1.0 or + points per game in 4 of these 7 seasons.

In the other 3, he had 72 in 82 as a 19-year-old, 70 in 80 as a 20-year-old, and in his worst season he had 66 in 82 as a 23-year-old.

You just hope for Nylander to be as proficient... :D

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Blues biggest holes are top end center prospects and a 2nd line RW.

Last off-season we traded 2nd RW. So Army knows what he's doing. Hitdh will put Yan Stastny 2c and Paul in 1c so teams will mess up who is who, all the time Stastny on ice. And that's how we gonna win. Bluew don't need 1c. We just need to give fans cheap booze so they forget what happened on Scottrade. Boooooozzee boze booozee

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
Last off-season we traded 2nd RW. So Army knows what he's doing. Hitdh will put Yan Stastny 2c and Paul in 1c so teams will mess up who is who, all the time Stastny on ice. And that's how we gonna win. Bluew don't need 1c. We just need to give fans cheap booze so they forget what happened on Scottrade. Boooooozzee boze booozee

The Blues traded a #1/2 RW for a #2/3 RW, a goalie prospect, and a draft pick. Then they made the Conference Finals. Such a disaster.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
The Blues traded a #1/2 RW for a #2/3 RW, a goalie prospect, and a draft pick. Then they made the Conference Finals. Such a disaster.

Without Fabbri, Parayko output and the biggest reason why Blues went 3rd round was Brian Elliott.

Oshie for Brouwer + leftovers was ****** trade and bad asset management by Army. Same what we'll going to see with Shattenkirk.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
1) someone had to play with Rielly when Ekblad went down...not holding it against him but he was clearly the 3rd best RHD on that team

2) dude seriously? Parayako looks like he could easily be in the same boy band with Nylander. Maybe be a really awkward looking drummer or something

hilarious to see how little Nylander gets valued due to the leaf factor.
TSN had him as the #1 NHL affiliated prospect at the end of the season

The Leafs are the biggest hockey market in Canda. TSN is the biggest sports boradcaster in Canada. You better believe that TSN will do things to promote the Leafs over other teams, because they will get a hell of a lot more viewers/money talking about the Leafs than they do about Ottawa or Vancouver.

How is it a surprise that TSN puts Toronto prospects at the top of their lists come year end? That's how they get the most viewership.

Horrible argument.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
Without Fabbri, Parayko output and the biggest reason why Blues went 3rd round was Brian Elliott.

Oshie for Brouwer + leftovers was ****** trade and bad asset management by Army. Same what we'll going to see with Shattenkirk.

Except during last year's run, Elliot had a higher GAA than Jake Allen has had over his playoff career, despite playing with a better team in front of him....

You're still talking about Oshie? Picking up Brouwer, who scored 13 points in ONE playoff run, was WAY more beneficial to the team's success than Oshie's 9 combined points inf FIVE playoff runs.

Also, leftovers? Copley is universally a top 15 goaltender prospect in the league. Just because he has a chance to put your boy Husso out of a job does not make him worthless.

And guess who our last two third round picks were? Walman and Parayko. Both guys that are clearly expected to make a big impact on the team.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
The Leafs are the biggest hockey market in Canda. TSN is the biggest sports boradcaster in Canada. You better believe that TSN will do things to promote the Leafs over other teams, because they will get a hell of a lot more viewers/money talking about the Leafs than they do about Ottawa or Vancouver.

How is it a surprise that TSN puts Toronto prospects at the top of their lists come year end? That's how they get the most viewership.

Horrible argument.

Lol horrible argument indeed.

I feel like people were talking this way about Tyler Myers 6 years ago. One season and the kid is labelled a can't miss top pairing stud.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Has this been a thread yet?

Could you see this happening down the road?
I'm just thinking, Blues seem like a D-man factory that could use some playoff scoring punch.

So, why would the Blues even think of this? Trading a young quality defenseman that has played very well in the NHL, for a Toronto prospect.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Except during last year's run, Elliot had a higher GAA than Jake Allen has had over his playoff career, despite playing with a better team in front of him....

You're still talking about Oshie? Picking up Brouwer, who scored 13 points in ONE playoff run, was WAY more beneficial to the team's success than Oshie's 9 combined points inf FIVE playoff runs.

Also, leftovers? Copley is universally a top 15 goaltender prospect in the league. Just because he has a chance to put your boy Husso out of a job does not make him worthless.

And guess who our last two third round picks were? Walman and Parayko. Both guys that are clearly expected to make a big impact on the team.

Out of all that, I LOL'd especially at that.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
So the only thing we see in this thread is that Parayko is the next great franchise D-man and the Leafs don't have any good players in their system. Got to love HF. :laugh:

Hey HF, keep telling yourselves that when the Leafs are ripping your favorite team a new a$$hole in the next few years. :amazed:

GO LEAFS GO!

got to love these type of fans comments... good lord. Got to love HF

Countryjunkie

Oct 17, 2014
got to love these type of fans comments... good lord. Got to love HF

Only time will tell my friend. But of course the odds are on my side of this equation. When you have a franchise that has finally figured it out and has all the right management and coach in place, and now has arguable one of the best (if not the best) prospect pipe line in the whole league.....well good lord you figure it out. :sarcasm:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Only time will tell my friend. But of course the odds are on my side of this equation. When you have a franchise that has finally figured it out and has all the right management and coach in place, and now has arguable one of the best (if not the best) prospect pipe line in the whole league.....well good lord you figure it out. :sarcasm:

hahah very true

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
So the only thing we see in this thread is that Parayko is the next great franchise D-man and the Leafs don't have any good players in their system. Got to love HF. :laugh:

Hey HF, keep telling yourselves that when the Leafs are ripping your favorite team a new a$$hole in the next few years. :amazed:

GO LEAFS GO!

This is a pretty ridiculous post.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
it honestly hurts my brain how over valued nylander is. the kid played a full ahl season and got eliminated in round 2. he isnt a world breaker iam sorry

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
it honestly hurts my brain how over valued nylander is. the kid played a full ahl season and got eliminated in round 2. he isnt a world breaker iam sorry

I don't understand this post at all... :laugh: He played a full AHL season and got eliminated in round 2 so he must not be that good? His production, age, skillset, performance during NHL call-up, etc. don't matter? Just because he wasn't in the NHL full-time at age 19 (and probably would have been if not for injury) and his team got beat in the 2nd round of a hard fought series he can't be a good player/prospect?

Anyways... Revisit this in 2-3 years when we know for sure if Parayko is a #1 or #4 Dman and Nylander is a #1C stuck behind Matthews or a low-end #2 scoring C. Both guys have looked/produced better than the low-end of that spectrum (especially Parayko, big fan!), but these guys have not proven it yet.

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga

You obviously don't watch the Leafs much.
Glenn Healy only recently got canned and he hated the Leafs and bashed them as often as he could. Biggest hockey market but the biggest amount of hatred towards them. Just look at how much HFBoards members hate the Leafs.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lol horrible argument indeed.

I feel like people were talking this way about Tyler Myers 6 years ago. One season and the kid is labelled a can't miss top pairing stud.

You mean after he won the calder trophy. God forbid people project a 6'10 D man that can skate that just won the calder trophy as a top pairing d man.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I can see why neither side here would have any interest in making this deal. I suspect both are extremely happy to keep the player they have.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I can see why neither side here would have any interest in making this deal. I suspect both are extremely happy to keep the player they have.

If this was available for the leafs the deal would already be done. They have lots of high end forward prospects, they dont have a top pairing level D prospect/player outside of Rielly.

I am sure if the leafs knew that they were getting Matthews, they would have picked Hanifin/Werenski/Provorov instead of Marner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad