Proposal: W. Nylander for M. Tkachuk

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
Both are great players, luv Mathews truculence and Nylanders handles. I would try to pry Dvo out of the black hole in Arizona.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I love Tkachuk, but he'll never be a center. I thought that meant something around here? Funny how that changes once a leafs player is involved.

It has nothing to do with being a leafs player or not, I could care less about the leafs. Tkachuk brings a very unique skill set in terms of grit, toughness, scoring and agitation to the flames that Nylander does not. I'm not being critical of Nylander, he's a quality player, I just value Tkachuk at the same level, centre or not.

Mar 26, 2010
Not even close from Toronto. Nylander > Tkachuk.

Willy Nylander is untouchable.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
As a neutral fan who hates both teams, I think there is a lot of unncessary arguing over these two. Both are good - probably fair value in a one for one swap today. Nylander possibly has higher offensive upside due to higher skill level, Tkachuk has a more rare package of skill and grit. No need for bashing either guy if the other team wouldn't do this deal. I wouldn't trade either guy if my team had them either.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
It would be pretty interesting running a team with Tkachuck, Kadri and Komarov. I think everyone would hate us.

I think it's a pretty even trade honestly. Put I feel Calgary has enough skill and they need his grit.

horner

May 22, 2007
it makes a lot of sense. cgy gets a rhs rw which is what they need and we get a better lwer which is what we could use with jvr leaving
Being a Leafs fan.
To me nobody adds
Both players bring entangibles that win games.
Tkachuk is something we don't have..

Tkachuk Mathews marner
Jvr Kadri kapanen
Hyman Bozak brown
Johnson Marleau grundstrom

Making this trade would allow us to sign jvr and Bozak.
Would also give us a player that we have needed.
Tkachuk won't cost as much to sign

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
No NHL GM would move Tkachuk for Nylander. Not to say Nylander is a bad player, Tkachuk just brings too much to the table.

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
Being a Leafs fan.
To me nobody adds
Both players bring entangibles that win games.
Tkachuk is something we don't have..

Tkachuk Mathews marner
Jvr Kadri kapanen
Hyman Bozak brown
Johnson Marleau grundstrom

Making this trade would allow us to sign jvr and Bozak.
Would also give us a player that we have needed.
Tkachuk won't cost as much to sign

Wait wait wait, Tkachuk is the same quality of player to be worth a 1 for 1 but won't cost as much to sign? Logically, in what world would that be?

What you think you can get Tkachuk for 3 million dollars?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad