Proposal: W. Nylander for M. Tkachuk

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I get the whole pest likes to mix it up thing but Nylander is playing a 2way game as one of our top 6 centers right now, he's also putting up excellent even strength numbers this season

There's no way Tkachuk's abilities as a winger trumps that dimension to Nylander's game even though Tkachuk is a fantastic young player

Again I'm not advocating either team does the trade, also stated I like both players, I would take either in a second......but for "me" I take the winger who does everything arguably equal or better then the C who is older and one year less on his ELC. Either player is a great gift to have though. As stated this is my opinion, I'm not expecting you to pick another teams guy over your own. I have no skin in the game so I just choose my preference. You choose yours and we're all good.

ThatHighGuy

Jul 11, 2014
Canaduh
Personally I'd rather have Tkachuk. He has more intangibles and honestly I think he has a higher ceiling.

I think the value is fair.

If Flames keep falling and are able to draft Brady Tkachuk- I think Matt, Brady, and which ever C they use will be the most hated line in the NHL

If we even had a 1st... what a line that could have been

ThatHighGuy

Jul 11, 2014
Canaduh
Honestly value is super close but i’m gonna be a homer and take my guy Tkachuk. Without him, the Flames wouldn’t even be worth watching with how boring they are.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Nylander’s 5v5 production at C isn’t similar to Tkachuk’s production at LW. The reason for the trade would be that they don’t have similar skill/impact. Nylander is more skilled but Tkachuk brings a physical and defensive element that Nylander doesn’t.

5v5 only seems to matter when it validates someones argument.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
If I were in a position to make that trade, I would. I really think in benefits both teams. I don't think either gets a better player and each team fills a need.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Value is close but something about Matthews and tkachuk in the same lineup seems harder to play against

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
c/rw vs lw

its not gonna happen, marner and tkachuk would though probs.

Tkachuk-Matthews-Brown
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Hyman-?-Kapanen
Johnsson-Aaltonen-Leivo

if the leafs get Tavares

Tkachuk-Matthews-Brown
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen
Martin-Gauthier-Leivo or Johnsson-Aaltonen-Leivo

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
as a leafs fan, no to this proposal. there is a possibility that nylander plays C next season and that will most likely happen if we can't get a 3C in free agency

You're out of your mind. I would do that if I was Toronto in a second. Tkachuk is a much better all around player. Especially when you talk playoff hockey.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You're out of your mind. I would do that if I was Toronto in a second. Tkachuk is a much better all around player. Especially when you talk playoff hockey.
No I'm not out of my mind. Nylander could play an important position for us next season. Matthew can't. We need C more than another winger.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Why are we trading a player who can play centre and right wing for a guy that we don't need?

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Nylander to the flames to take up the 1RW spot, Tkachuk to the leafs to displace Hyman in the 1LW spot. Who adds?
We don't want hyman displaced from that spot. He gets his other two line mates the puck. He's takes an incredibly high amount of hits and matthews makes him a better player.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Why would we trade Tkachuk for Nylander when we can get Tarensako for tkachuk. I rather the more superior player in Tarensako then Nylander SMH
Maybe in your video games that might occur if you've signed Nylander in free agency and then traded tkachuk and nylander for tarasenko

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
a top 6 winger is only worth more than a top 6 C when its a leaf that is the C

Nylander has 43 ES points compared to 35 during his rookie year.
When he gets on the first unit next year with JVR and Bozak walking, Add an extra 15-20 PPP to what he has now (9)
so yeah, leafs arent moving a C with 43ES pts for a LW with 32

Reactions: Heart Eater

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Why would we trade Tkachuk for Nylander when we can get Tarensako for tkachuk. I rather the more superior player in Tarensako then Nylander SMH

blues laugh at that pitiful offer. Tarasenko is having a down year but he is still a guy that put up 37,40 and 39 goals the three seasons before this. Unless Calgary is offering Tkachuk + Valimaki + 1st, dont bother

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad