AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread: Now featuring Emil Larmi, Kasper Bjorkqvist and many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Is it just me or does WBS seem pretty lackluster compared to the last few seasons?

Not just you. Standings paint a pretty clear picture and if you look at the quality of prospect going in, it's not surprising. I think we've let ourselves overtalk the quality of guys going in and come to expect a little much.

It doesn't help that injuries and waiver claims have driven a f***ing train through WBS's top 6 this season.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Bjorkqvist would have been a player that benefited from playing this year. POJ has a future as his play has improved. Angelo knows the NHL speed and caliber of play needed from here. Lafferty as well. But the players that look to be real talents are not in the AHL.

Reactions: WayneSid9987

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I don't see why. Almeida isn't even good by ECHL standards.

Perks of being a prospect? If you look at the players scoring more than him in Wheeling, none of them has done much in the AHL. Being the 21 year old they drafted and signed to an ELC probably gives him a leg up over the others.

Or it’s positional, the coaches have liked what he’s doing, etc. I’m going with the prospect getting another shot in the AHL near the end of the season.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Perks of being a prospect? If you look at the players scoring more than him in Wheeling, none of them has done much in the AHL. Being the 21 year old they drafted and signed to an ELC probably gives him a leg up over the others.

Or it’s positional, the coaches have liked what he’s doing, etc. I’m going with the prospect getting another shot in the AHL near the end of the season.
I get it they'd rather play someone they drafted over some ECHL nobody. Personally, I'd sign a few college FAs, we have plenty of room.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
At least WBS is killing it and our prospects are dominating! Hope is on th--oh, nope. JR's gonna have to trade his way out of this shitshow from the moment the season ends until next TDL if we want another shot or two at a Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad