AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread: Now featuring Emil Larmi, Kasper Bjorkqvist and many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
New article up on DK Sports

-Vellucci praising PO Joseph. Says he will be full time NHL regular soon enough
-Praised Almari for his talent, size , skating and shot. Says he needs to build confidence
-Emil Larmi got through a tough year, they expect big things to come
-Almeida took his Wheeling stint as a positive. Came back up with smarts just has to make plays quicker
-Said Drozg has all the talent in the world just needs to play the right way and play harder consistently.
-Spoke high on Bellerive. Said he came to him and said what do I need to do be a pro. Hard to play against.
-Bjorkqvist good locker room prescence, hard worker and working on stickhandling hours per day. Injured long term

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
New article up on DK Sports

-Vellucci praising PO Joseph. Says he will be full time NHL regular soon enough
-Praised Almari for his talent, size , skating and shot. Says he needs to build confidence
-Emil Larmi got through a tough year, they expect big things to come
-Almeida took his Wheeling stint as a positive. Came back up with smarts just has to make plays quicker
-Said Drozg has all the talent in the world just needs to play the right way and play harder consistently.
-Spoke high on Bellerive. Said he came to him and said what do I need to do be a pro. Hard to play against.
-Bjorkqvist good locker room prescence, hard worker and working on stickhandling hours per day. Injured long term
I think the time off for a lot of these prospects is a good thing right now, I think the AHL season suspended until at least May right? So for most of these guys, it's time to really just get their mini off season started with at home workouts and then whatever else they can get to when the quarantine bans are lifted and they are able to really take advantage. POJ should take advantage of the whole "Getting fatter during covid-19 quarantine."

Gotta look at the positives, right mate?

Reactions: steelcityassault

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I would be shocked for this guy to turn into anything in the NHL. The guy had 29 total points in 4 years at Yale, he'll probably only end up an ECHL/AHL tweener.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Had 131 PIMs in his full USHL year.
I see Oulva Palve has signed with Linkopings of the SHL for next season. We traded him to DAL.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So who are the Pens looking at for WBS?

I'd like them for once, to get a fantastic developmental coach, maybe this time, look at coaches that have a better success rate in Juniors in Canada and the US and see which one could be a great fit for a few years.

They better not just hand it to JD Forrest.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
So who are the Pens looking at for WBS?

I'd like them for once, to get a fantastic developmental coach, maybe this time, look at coaches that have a better success rate in Juniors in Canada and the US and see which one could be a great fit for a few years.

They better not just hand it to JD Forrest.

I have to imagine Forrest and then Mark French (Wheeling new head coach/ old Hershey Bears standout head coach) and Tom Kostopolous are in the mix.

Then you got Mike Haviland out there. (Age 52, head coach Colorado College, used to coach Hershey too). Jersey area guy which stood out to me for some reason

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wouldn’t be against Forrest. Other recent assistants like Taylor and Leach went on to be seemingly good AHL head coaches.

But otherwise maybe someone like John Wroblewski who’s been with the USNTDP program for a while. He was an assistant in Wheeling a long time ago.
Do you or @steelcityassault know what JD worked on as an assistant?

I just hope for a bloke that was good at the developmental side as much as the winning side.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I wouldn’t be against Forrest. Other recent assistants like Taylor and Leach went on to be seemingly good AHL head coaches.

But otherwise maybe someone like John Wroblewski who’s been with the USNTDP program for a while. He was an assistant in Wheeling a long time ago.

Not a bad idea. LA had the same though—Wroblewski took a job to coach the Reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->