Pre-Game Talk: VS Arizona Coyotes 7pm start on SNW/CHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
He had a couple other good hits too.

He’s looking good out there early.
He’s had a great start to the year playing for a weak Halifax team. I think the Oilers hot start has lead to less interest in prospects, but I expect the hype train on him should take off in the next couple months with the u20s and possibly a trade in the Q.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He’s had a great start to the year playing for a weak Halifax team. I think the Oilers hot start has lead to less interest in prospects, but I expect the hype train on him should take off in the next couple months with the u20s and possibly a trade in the Q.

I’m loving the nastiness he’s playing with against Russia.

A big hulking sniper with a mean streak is exactly what we need on the wing. His skating looks much better too.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Chiasson gets promoted despite doing nothing to earn the promotion. Khaira gets demoted despite playing his best hockey of the year on the 2nd line. Ok then.
Oh and Jurco still can't get a game despite being the only guy, outside of the flukey Cave rush, showing a pulse in the bottom 6.
I know they struggled last game but how does Tippett think the team will gain any traction if they keep blending the lines?

I guess it doesn't matter, most of the forwards are a bunch of filler that will stink in any part of the lineup. This is Tippett screaming out for Holland to make a trade, as was the case with Hitchcock and Mclellan trying to make chicken salad out of chicken ****.
The team is skating on thin ice with that 10-4 record. The bottom falling out seems inevitable IMO.
All due respect if this one anyone else making this post you’d be the first to dump on them. I’m usually pretty negative on this board (not irl) but even I don’t subscribe to half of what you post above. Yeah, this isn’t a Stanley Cup roster but to my eye the team has looked a lot better than last year. Much better goaltending, above average special teams, and the guy 80% of this board didn’t believe in making plays on the blueline. I believe Tippet is also proving to be a better coach for this roster than McLellan or Hitch. Of course there are disappointments and areas to improve on but few teams in the NHL don’t have those. Not totally sold on Holland yet, but given all the contracts coming off the books next year, and the performance so far this season, I haven’t been this satisfied as an Oiler fan since the McDavid lotto draw.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
This is all that guy could see after that hit.

giphy.gif

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I’m loving the nastiness he’s playing with against Russia.

A big hulking sniper with a mean streak is exactly what we need on the wing. His skating looks much better too.

Has his skating looked better all year or something you've noticed as the season keeps going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad