Pre-Game Talk: VS Arizona Coyotes 7pm start on SNW/CHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I really like the idea of getting Chiasson going. I don't think he has played bad at all. I feel he needs a bit of a confidence boost/some more top 6 time to get rolling.

I don't like the second line. Kassian has played very well and does not deserve to be demoted but he could really help the bottom 6 and moving Kharia off Nuges line right now seems foolish. My line suggestion under the circumstances.

Chiasson McDavid Draisaitl
Kharia Nuge Neal
Ganger Haas Kassian
Granlund Cave Russell

Hate our PP. Agree it needs some right shooters. Bear over Klefbom at least provides more of that.

Any which way. This is an extremely important game. Most important game of the year standings wise. Win or lose effort needs to be there start to finish. A win goes a long ways to being a legit playoff team standings and perception wise. The team really hasn't been that great over the last few games and need a better showing and more points to try to separate them from the tight pacific division.

Last game was Chiasson's best and Kassian hasn't been as good as he was in the first several games. If this helps keep players accountable and hungry I'm all for it.

Also Chiasson wasn't working with Nuge, maybe putting Kassian who can skate and get in on the forecheck will create some space for RNH and Neal.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
My only concern with Chiasson on the top line is his lack of speed. Kassian has good wheels and that’s primarily why he fits in on the top line .

However , I’m all for this new top six as McDrai hasn’t been as dominant lately and Chiasson did score like 22 last season !

Reactions: imtheboy

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
My only concern with Chiasson on the top line is his lack of speed. Kassian has good wheels and that’s primarily why he fits in on the top line .

However , I’m all for this new top six as McDrai hasn’t been as dominant lately and Chiasson did score like 22 last season !
If it doesn't work I can see it changed.

The fact of the matter is we have shit production from all but 5 forwards.

Tippett is just doing his best to find some sort of chemistry somewhere else. I don't know that he is going to find it, but he's trying. Maybe Kassian can open up some space for Neal and RNH. Maybe Chiasson can linger around long enough for something to happen. And maybe somewhere in that bottom 6 a couple guys look decent together to start another duo going forward

Reactions: Mav3rick07

oilcountry17

Aug 27, 2007
edmonton
If it doesn't work I can see it changed.

The fact of the matter is we have **** production from all but 5 forwards.

Tippett is just doing his best to find some sort of chemistry somewhere else. I don't know that he is going to find it, but he's trying. Maybe Kassian can open up some space for Neal and RNH. Maybe Chiasson can linger around long enough for something to happen. And maybe somewhere in that bottom 6 a couple guys look decent together to start another duo going forward

If Chiasson does not play well through the first 2 periods i would throw Gags on top line he is smart enough to play there just his boots holding him back, but he has played well with faster linemates in the past.

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
Dont get me wrong...I am not against any adjustments to the PP.

I think Bear is an interesting possibility for the PP. I would be all for that.

As for the PP stats...we can throw togther any number of games to make it look worse than it is...overall though its been pretty good.
I just dont see it as a problem area right now.
It’s not my number 1 concern at the moment, bottom six scoring is definitely more of a worry than the PP to be sure.

I just want the team to be the best that it can be and to be firing on all cylinders and I think a new look power play could be beneficial.

Let’s hope they prove me wrong tonight! :thumbu:

Reactions: guymez

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
That rat faced **** of an avatar you're wearing better not mess with your luck. If it does I blame Liquor for roping us into that avatar bet.
Didnt your teacher tell you not to mess around with liquor

Its really no surprise you guys ended up looking so scummy

Chippy11

We have a Hulk
Jun 2, 2015
THEY MOVE THE PUCK TOO SLOW AND DO NOT TAKE ENOUGH SHOTS. THEY WOULD BE BETTER TRYING TO SCORE OFF THE RUSH RATHER THAN SETTING UP IN THE ZONE, MAINTAINING POSSESSION AND NEVER MAKING A SHOT.

For me the issue there is Klefbom. He’s fake muffin shot, lack of creativity and the speed of his pass are just unsuited to be on a 1st pp.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
This feels like an OT/comeback game. Feeling Cave/Haas line, maybe a point streak for Colby
4-3OT Draisaitl

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
What is going on with Nygard I thought he was suppose to be getting activated around the same time Persson got activated?

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Hope it's ok to post this here.

I have 2 authentic Adidas home McDavid jerseys in size 50 brand new to sell in Edmonton.

Got them after winning a bet, but I'm not an Oilers fan haha

PM me with your offer.

They are $250 new, but I'm willing to go much lower.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
What is going on with Nygard I thought he was suppose to be getting activated around the same time Persson got activated?

Well initial estimates were 2-4 weeks, and it's been about 2.5 weeks so still some wiggle room when it comes to the original guess.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
My favorite Draivid moment..Drai swats Girard away like a pestering fly, splits the defense, set's up Conner for the game winning goal..

SRFwC61.gif

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I am just fine with these lines. Chiasson isnt a fast player but he is a smart player and he knows where to go.
Tippett doesnt have a lot of options with this roster but if he can spark a couple of players it will make a world of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad