Speculation: Voynov suspension over, playoff eligible

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
No she didn't.

The whole story is a little bit different then people make it out to be.
Everything started with a "normal" argument between a drunk married couple.
During the argument his wife attacked him with a frying pan first and then it escalated.

Like other people already pointed out, she never had an interpreter at the police and her English isn't very good.
Later on she admitted that she was part of the escalation.

If someone asks me, ugly stuff happens in every marriage or relationship and the only ones to judge
should be the 2 people involved. In this case both of them decided it was a huge mistake but nothing to break up about.

So if you you guys want to hate, go ahead. I am only interested in his wife's opinion.
If she is happy with being married to Slava, so should we. I would welcome him on the ice after the team talking to the wife

Where did you find this story of her assaulting him with a frying pan?

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Why are the court based facts being argued?

isn’t this a thread about him coming back and who will sign him?

Sounds like he made a mistake, he’s been out of the league ever since.

I for one think he’s going to get signed and my first guess was Florida...

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Every one who’s judging Voynov without even knowing full story better be crystal clear in their life or be ready if their dirt becomes a public knowledge.

not trying to go off topic but it’s the same as in false rape accusation where everyone takes a female side without even looking into it. As a result of this many lives were destroyed

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Where did you find this story of her assaulting him with a frying pan?

It was a huge story actually.
The day after the police investigation Marta send a letter to the Police authorities explaining in russian.
She explained the whole argument with frying pan and all. The cut over her brow came actually from Slava pushing her away and she fell into a flat screen. At the end of the letter she explained that Slava didn't intend to hurt her at all and she doesn't wish him to be prosecuted.
The story was shown in all bigger newspapers with a copy of her letter attached. Some of the information can also be found on Slava's and Marta's Wikipedia. The reason why the police followed through, is that a person can't give another person the permission to break the law.
He still hit her and pushed her into a TV screen which is an assault.

If i would be a NHL manager i would talk to the wife first before Slava and have her sitting with them when they sign the contract.
This would show the real Voynov's and the signing wouldn't be attackable anymore

But those are only my 2 cents

Last edited:

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Every one who’s judging Voynov without even knowing full story better be crystal clear in their life or be ready if their dirt becomes a public knowledge.

not trying to go off topic but it’s the same as in false rape accusation where everyone takes a female side without even looking into it. As a result of this many lives were destroyed
the entire thing is crazy , she is still with him if you want to help her bringing her to the states where the laws are slightly more in her favour should be what you do if youre worried about her.
and tbh they are prob fine but everyone is putting words and opinions in her mouth and its so dumb

imo anyways apparently its better to just leave her with him in the khl and it doesnt matter .

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
The words, "Ray Rice" come to mind. That is, if Rice wasn't a replacement level running back at the time of his assault, he probably would have gotten a second chance.

I don't think he is anything more then a bottom pairing dman at this point, and there are plenty of options available if you need one.

If anyone thinks that he is better then that, he'll get a job somewhere, not because it's the right thing to do, but I've seen it enough in other sports, especially football.
I think how violent that video was he blew any thought of a second chance in the NFL. It wasn't a push/shove, it was a legit punch to the face.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Why always bring him back. Hes a woman beater and i hope the NHL GM wont bring him back.

So was Semyon Varlamov... charged with kidnapping and domestic assault of his girlfriend. There was a lack of evidence and charges were dropped.

So was Austin Watson.... charged with domestic violence, after striking his girlfriend, who happened to be his baby momma. A witness saw it all take place, flagged down police, and she said he caused the marks on her. She later got upset and didnt want him charged for fear of ruining his NHL career. He pleased NO contest instead of NOT guilty.

All 3 cases were dismissed.... Voynov's included.

I do not condone this behaviour or these actions, Im simply pointing out that hypocritical talk that goes on in the NHL, socials and HF boards when it comes to this topic. People dont want Voynov around, but other men with history of it are not even mentioned.

Kick them all out...

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
So was Semyon Varlamov... charged with kidnapping and domestic assault of his girlfriend. There was a lack of evidence and charges were dropped.

So was Austin Watson.... charged with domestic violence, after striking his girlfriend, who happened to be his baby momma. A witness saw it all take place, flagged down police, and she said he caused the marks on her. She later got upset and didnt want him charged for fear of ruining his NHL career. He pleased NO contest instead of NOT guilty.

All 3 cases were dismissed.... Voynov's included.

I do not condone this behaviour or these actions, Im simply pointing out that hypocritical talk that goes on in the NHL, socials and HF boards when it comes to this topic. People dont want Voynov around, but other men with history of it are not even mentioned.

Kick them all out...

Im for kicking them out... And for the case of Voynov, blood was all around the room, he have throw her in wall and on the tv... Proof of battle was there and bruise was there too. For the other cases, i dont know what was the proof.

Jun 15, 2007
What's going on here? Last I heard his suspension was for 41 games, which means he's free to come back now right?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Nobody wants this loser anyways. He’s not worth the bad publicity signing him to a deal is worth. Frankly I’m more than ok if he never sees the NHL again

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
Nobody wants this loser anyways. He’s not worth the bad publicity signing him to a deal is worth. Frankly I’m more than ok if he never sees the NHL again
If Craig mactavish can make a comeback to the NHL why can’t Voynov. It’s not like he killed someone.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

I'm not 100% sure but it doesn't sound like there'd be an out clause this season.

Even if there was an out clause, he would have to be put on waivers before reporting to the team that actually signed him.
So there's no incentive to sign him.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If Craig mactavish can make a comeback to the NHL why can’t Voynov. It’s not like he killed someone.

No, nobody says Voynov CAN'T make a comeback.

It's just that no one wants to sign him, and you can't force a team to sign a player.

Someone was apparently willing to sign MacTavish. Quite a few teams I might add.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
oh ya, he just almost killed his wife, why not pardon him

I think the point was mctavish killed someone and spent a year in jail and he was welcomed back to the NHL. I get times are different today but that’s likely the point the poster you quoted was getting at.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

I highly doubt that. You know how many NFL players just this last year got re instated by the National football league? And teams signed them? Kareem Hunt comes to mind. And Antonio Brown, and several others over the same Abuse cases.

Saying no body wants this loser is a very far fetched statement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad