Speculation: Voynov suspension over, playoff eligible

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Oh yay, here we are again for another round of moralizing and grandstanding. His suspension is up, if a team wanted to sign him, they could.

Someone will sign em. Once injuries mount up? A team will do it. If Kareem Hunt could get a job on the Browns? This dude can get a job also.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Oh yay, here we are again for another round of moralizing and grandstanding. His suspension is up, if a team wanted to sign him, they could.

No one bats an eye about the multiple murderers that have played for and managed NHL teams. The families of the deceased forgave them, so it's all ok. When the actual living victim forgives Voynov and proceeds to have kids with him, we gotta draw a hard line in the sand and make sure he never sets foot in the NHL. But murderers are ok as long as someone related to the victim said it's fine.

Reactions: dirty stanchion

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Someone will sign em. Once injuries mount up? A team will do it. If Kareem Hunt could get a job on the Browns? This dude can get a job also.

The Leafs have Justin Holl, Marincin and Cody Ceci taking spots in their top 4 with both Rielly and Muzzin both out long term.

And yet. No Voynov.

I don't think that changes no matter what team suffers whatever injuries.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
The Leafs have Justin Holl, Marincin and Cody Ceci taking spots in their top 4 with both Rielly and Muzzin both out long term.

And yet. No Voynov.

I don't think that changes no matter what team suffers whatever injuries.

Were only half way into the season. Wait for a playoff team after the deadline have someone get injured. Voynov will get a shot somewhere. Teams will get desperate enough after the deadline and inching to playoff mode.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Were only half way into the season. Wait for a playoff team after the deadline have someone get injured. Voynov will get a shot somewhere. Teams will get desperate enough after the deadline and inching to playoff mode.

That would be funny AF to see a team sign Voynov after the deadline for the playoff run, because players signed after the TDL can't play during the playoffs.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Probably a non traditional hockey market where no one would recognize him on the street. So that excludes all Canadian teams and all the North Eastern US teams.

Carolina loves acquiring Dmen so my bet is on them.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Every one who’s judging Voynov without even knowing full story better be crystal clear in their life or be ready if their dirt becomes a public knowledge.

not trying to go off topic but it’s the same as in false rape accusation where everyone takes a female side without even looking into it. As a result of this many lives were destroyed

This is true . I am ashamed to same but I hit my ex-wife once . We aren't together but we are really close . She started the argument and then stabbed me with a folk , then almost took my eye out with her high heel . The police came and they told her that she was luck I only smacked her once . I have regretted it every day since and it been 30 years . I don't drink at all so no excuses from me . She was drunk so she has an excuse . I will go to my grave regretting it . People can judge me for this . They will never be as hard on me as myself . Point is we don't know what happen .

As for the rape thing it is true . Everyone is on the woman side with out knowing the faces .

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs should sign him so he gets to play and we increase his trade value at the deadline? Anybody say this yet as a jab towards the Habs? :laugh:

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Can anyone comment on how good he was outside of the NHL these past few years? Is he still a top pairing Dman, or more of a 2nd pairing guy? Worse?

If he's anything close to what he was in LA, he could help a lot of teams. Especially those needing a PMD.

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
Some are delusional here. He has a contract with a KHL team and doing pretty good there. He's 100% staying in Russia till the hockey season ends.

Sure, playing in NHL is in his plans for the next year, and he's still a pretty good defenceman. So there is a chance to see him somewhere again.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
That would be funny AF to see a team sign Voynov after the deadline for the playoff run, because players signed after the TDL can't play during the playoffs.

Is that the rule? If so then maybe my idea doesn’t make sense. But we’ll see come February. We’re still a long time away. Over a month to be exact.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
This is true . I am ashamed to same but I hit my ex-wife once . We aren't together but we are really close . She started the argument and then stabbed me with a folk , then almost took my eye out with her high heel . The police came and they told her that she was luck I only smacked her once . I have regretted it every day since and it been 30 years . I don't drink at all so no excuses from me . She was drunk so she has an excuse . I will go to my grave regretting it . People can judge me for this . They will never be as hard on me as myself . Point is we don't know what happen .

As for the rape thing it is true . Everyone is on the woman side with out knowing the faces .
You were assaulted with a weapon, it's self-defense. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Reactions: MC2D

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Can anyone comment on how good he was outside of the NHL these past few years? Is he still a top pairing Dman, or more of a 2nd pairing guy? Worse?

If he's anything close to what he was in LA, he could help a lot of teams. Especially those needing a PMD.

I haven't been overly impressed, I don't think he was playing nearly as well as he did in LA. I could be proven wrong but I expect him to come back as a good 3rd pairing guy rather than anything above that.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Yikes, you'd have to be reaching maximum levels of desperation to dip your toe in this pond. Feel sorry for the fan base who needs to try and justify bringing him in

Something tells me the Panthers fanbase wouldn't mind.

BamgN4kIcAExMdh

Reactions: lebdafor norris

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
good thing you used a picture that is over 5 years old. our attendance is nothing to write home about these days, but most definitely is not as bad as it used to be like in the above photos.

Good thing that you acknowledged that even now with icing a killer team attendance is still abysmal and clearly proves my point: Florida would be a perfect place for him to hide.

LA still works as well (though with DL's stunt to bring him back into the fold in a practice only made it worse) because nobody here on the streets of LA recognizes Kopitar, Doughty, Quick, or anyone on the team for that matter. This is even after 2 cups.

Reactions: Papa044

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
So the idea here is that if someone commits a violent crime they should never be able to work and earn a living ever again? Got it.

He's still working, tho. Just not in the NHL.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
So the idea here is that if someone commits a violent crime they should never be able to work and earn a living ever again? Got it.

I liked your comment because I agree with it on principle, but when you're dealing with violence against women, the idea is that change needs to be demonstrated visibly. I'm unsure of the details beyond the original crime so I have no idea what reparations Voynov has made.

But no, I don't think people should be "cancelled forever" like most of our modern society is perfectly fine with. Rehabilitation is possible and should be encouraged, as should remembering that we're all human. People who point the finger have the most to hide.

Reactions: Chan790

wacko2

Dec 28, 2019
various
Holier than thou types don't believe in rehabilitation. Perfect people cannot forgive, to bad for them cause his wife of all people did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad