Rumor: Voynov cleared to return to NHL [Bill Daly says report is false]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
He won't play a game. No team will let a marginally good player bring such a distraction. Got to imagine that players in the locker room won't like him...add in the backlash from the media...he's never playing again.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
He won't play a game. No team will let a marginally good player bring such a distraction. Got to imagine that players in the locker room won't like him...add in the backlash from the media...he's never playing again.
It didn't seem like he was disliked on the kings tbh. Some American team should just take him it's not like they haven't brought back guys that have done the same thing or worse

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Edmonton has a long history of reclamation projects. Might be a good place for him to turn his career around.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It didn't seem like he was disliked on the kings tbh. Some American team should just take him it's not like they haven't brought back guys that have done the same thing or worse
What player in the last 5 years had done worse and been brought back?

You could argue Danton and Billy Tibbetts, but they were further back than that. You may be right, but I can't think of any worse recently.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Edmonton has a long history of reclamation projects. Might be a good place for him to turn his career around.
Edmonton might be too much of a fishbowl, and would be too big a distraction.
As an Oiler fan though, I think the winning would out weigh the negative impact his off ice issues would bring.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
What player in the last 5 years had done worse and been brought back?

You could argue Danton and Billy Tibbetts, but they were further back than that. You may be right, but I can't think of any worse recently.
Probably a football player but I can’t remember the years would be the last one bad timing with the me too thing but if he and his wife do a pr tour idk how bad it would be. Hockey it would prob be O’Reilly or heatley on people charged so it’s not slander

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
My only question is who is he in the locker room and is he going to behave outside of it.

If the answers are not a distraction/cancer and behave appropriately I'm fine with giving people second chances if they truly regret a decision and work towards changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad