Vote: Keep or Fire Blash

Should Yzerman Fire Blashill

• Total voters

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
REally doesn't matter what we think anyways, sounds like Stevie is going to stick with Blash for the year. I'm just going to stop watching games until some of these issues get fixed. I can't watch a team that can't score. It's pointless, so to speak.

Because I'm an idiot I'll keep watching, but yeah... I'm not expecting any Blues-like turn around.

Reactions: Gniwder

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Because I'm an idiot I'll keep watching, but yeah... I'm not expecting any Blues-like turn around.

Naw, not an idiot. I'm in the same boat, I've been watching this team from childhood. I won't stop because of a bad stretch of years. It sucks that we're bad, but we have hope. We have some promising core players, a decent stock of prospects, a bunch of high draft picks coming up and a fantastic GM at the helm of a franchise run by good owners.

When we raise the cup again it will be sweeter for those of us who kept the faith and didn't look for easy outs.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You're generous. On the current NHL roster I keep like 5 guys. Larkin, Bert, Fabbri, Hronek, Mantha. Gut everything else as it permits.
No Howard?

Yeah, there's not a whole lot worth keeping on this team. I expect everyone else to be gone within 4 or 5 years.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Fabbri scoring two goals on two shots... talk about unsustainable
It's about the setup and puck movement. Let Bert, Larkin, and Fabbri shift positions freely rather than committing to a spot. Fabbri scored both goals from the slot with Bert working the half wall, rather than being pasted in front of the net.

Stationary PP doesn't work unless you have Ovechkin who can blast it past the goalie from the circle even if the goalie isn't screened.

The PP is garbage, are you about to argue otherwise?

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Guys it sucks loosing in this fashion night in and night out but this was bound to happen after like 10 straight seasons of decline and stop gap measures. Now there is a firm commitment to rebuild so no magical FA signing spree is going to come rescue you. The roster is just finally performing exactly how it should on paper. There is no magic pill to turn this around. Enjoy these seasons that are going to make the winning seasons feel so much better.

Reactions: MoritzSeiderAtSix

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Guys it sucks loosing in this fashion night in and night out but this was bound to happen after like 10 straight seasons of decline and stop gap measures. Now there is a firm commitment to rebuild so no magical FA signing spree is going to come rescue you. The roster is just finally performing exactly how it should on paper. There is no magic pill to turn this around. Enjoy these seasons that are going to make the winning seasons feel so much better.

These seasons test you and make you appreciate seasons of minor successes. Nobody will enjoy these seasons. They will endure them.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
if blash is replaced im wondering whom the options would be amongst ex nhler 40 somethings guys like sully-gallant-berube-toccet ?
thats the type guys it seems like todays generation players are playing for . the old suit n tie nhl company types seem to be losing their effectivness . ide like an ex tough guy as head coach , i dont think hes ever coached but a guy like that is cbj tv guy jody shelly = a smart tough guy whom players would respect

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
REally doesn't matter what we think anyways, sounds like Stevie is going to stick with Blash for the year. I'm just going to stop watching games until some of these issues get fixed. I can't watch a team that can't score. It's pointless, so to speak.

Stop setting yourself up for failure. You will continue to watch and you know it...and post here all day long.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Stop setting yourself up for failure. You will continue to watch and you know it...and post here all day long.

How long could we maintain...

maxresdefault.jpg

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
Blash will be sacrificed to the hockey gods as soon as the team starting turning the corner.

Then we can bring back Babs and win another cup

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
HERECY THY NAME IS GNIWDER
I grew up outside of DC. Mike Gartner and Al Jensen stopped by our Jr High to play floor hockey with us, so Gartner is my favorite player of all time. One of the best to never play for the Cup.

Sorry buddy, but the Wings have always been #2 in my list, though in the end I lived in MI for longer than I lived in Maryland. I also lived in CO when the Avs won their first Cup. Wore my WIngs jersey went I went to the playoff games at McNichols.

To make it worse, I'm about to become a Seattle fan. I live an hour north.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
I grew up outside of DC. Mike Gartner and Al Jensen stopped by our Jr High to play floor hockey with us, so Gartner is my favorite player of all time. One of the best to never play for the Cup.

Sorry buddy, but the Wings have always been #2 in my list, though in the end I lived in MI for longer than I lived in Maryland. I also lived in CO when the Avs won their first Cup. Wore my WIngs jersey went I went to the playoff games at McNichols.

To make it worse, I'm about to become a Seattle fan. I live an hour north.

U live an hour north? Why are you poor and not living in the city? And more importantly why are you not meeting me for beers n hockey?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
U live an hour north? Why are you poor and not living in the city? And more importantly why are you not meeting me for beers n hockey?
Because I hate Seattle? I don't care for big cities.

The company I work for is based in Bellevue and I get Bellevue wages while living in Bellingham. Nothing to complain about. Plus I have redneck hobbies like duck hunting and fishing, and I'm closer to Mt Baker for skiing.

A little far to drive just to watch hockey, but let me know if you're ever up north. House is in Bellingham and I have a small ski condo in Glacier.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
Because I hate Seattle? I don't care for big cities.

The company I work for is based in Bellevue and I get Bellevue wages while living in Bellingham. Nothing to complain about. Plus I have redneck hobbies like duck hunting and fishing, and I'm closer to Mt Baker for skiing.

A little far to drive just to watch hockey, but let me know if you're ever up north. House is in Bellingham and I have a small ski condo in Glacier.

My hobbies include bird hunting fishing and skiing. Dude PM me. I swear I'm not a dick in person lol. I alos hate Seattle. Purely here for the money. Michigan born n raised

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
My hobbies include bird hunting fishing and skiing. Dude PM me. I swear I'm not a dick in person lol. I alos hate Seattle. Purely here for the money. Michigan born n raised
Gotta warn you, I AM a dick in person. I've learned to tone it down a little here in the past few weeks. Sometime you agree with people, sometime you don't. No reason to get personal. But in person, I just say whatever comes to my mind, no filter, lol.

And I chain smoke when I duck hunt.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
Gotta warn you, I AM a dick in person. I've learned to tone it down a little here in the past few weeks. Sometime you agree with people, sometime you don't. No reason to get personal. But in person, I just say whatever comes to my mind, no filter, lol.

And I chain smoke when I duck hunt.

I'm habitually addicted to nicotine and I love ass holes. f*** you dude. either puss out or meet me for a beer like a man. I'm 29 and tons of fun. Would love to have more mates to hunt with

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'm habitually addicted to nicotine and I love ass holes. **** you dude. either puss out or meet me for a beer like a man. I'm 29 and tons of fun. Would love to have more mates to hunt with
Why would I want to meet a guy who loves assholes, I'm not gay lol.

Seriously, yeah, I can take you duck hunting. I'll PM ya.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'm habitually addicted to nicotine and I love ass holes. **** you dude. either puss out or meet me for a beer like a man. I'm 29 and tons of fun. Would love to have more mates to hunt with
Sent ya a PM, let me know when you want to duck hunt, I go pretty much every weekend, but Whatcom county might be a long drive for you.

You need waders around here, and the hunting is only good on rainy days. I've got plenty of decoys.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don't believe we have NHL worst roster. Our forwards not so bad,defense AHL like and goaltenders are ok. There are worse teams , they just playing better than wings

Reactions: nhlisawesome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad