Voracek Suspended

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I CANNOT understand how people can watch the footage and say this is a dirty play by Jake.

How can someone be so objectively wrong?

I want to find these people and follow them around. They probably go on red and stop on green. They probably eat spaghetti with a spoon and mashed potatoes with a knife. They probably wipe their asses before they take a ****.
Well, it was dirty in that Jake hit a guy without the puck. By the letter of the law, that is not allowed. Especially since Jake didn't have the puck either. It was a penalty. Even the 5 can be debated.

But it's not a 2 game suspension when we have seen other things get 1 or no games.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Well, it was dirty in that Jake hit a guy without the puck. By the letter of the law, that is not allowed. Especially since Jake didn't have the puck either. It was a penalty. Even the 5 can be debated.

But it's not a 2 game suspension when we have seen other things get 1 or no games.
If Boychuk hits him there he gets 2 for interference which, I argue, is what Voracek also should’ve gotten. I don’t agree with the NHL in saying the power of the hit matters. Hitting is supposed to be a powerful action, not a casual love tap.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Sure, and as someone who suffers from post-concussion symptoms, im glad hes doing it. But that doesnt change what he did when he was on the ice.
Yeah, I was being a bit harsh on Dan and insensitive to concussion victims. My apologies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah, I was being a bit harsh on Dan and insensitive to concussion victims. My apologies.

Not at all. Apologies if I came off as a jerk, it wasnt my intent. I am truly happy that hes using his platform for a good cause. Was just pointing out that he was quite the predator in his playing days.

I find myself often torn between how to feel about him, to be honest. As I said, ultimately it's great that hes fighting the good fight now. But I wonder if hed feel this way if he hadn't been a victim himself. I'd wager not, so in a sense it's almost selfish and hypocritical to do it. At the end of the day, awareness is awareness, should not matter where its source is, I suppose.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas

I got a gnarly concussion in 2017 when someone skated by and their stick got caught under my mask right as someone was taking a shot. Subsequently i took the puck right behind my ear.

I was in bad shape for MONTHS. BUT, the reason i don't take what you said in poor taste is because Carcillo may have caused more concussions than he sustained. While mine was a product of the game of hockey, many of the kind he delivered, were just dirty.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
When was the last time the NHLPA filed an appeal on a suspension this short?

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
The decision was made the minute the hearing was over. Why rush to announce it being upheld when the next game is tomorrow?

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
So many questionable/bad decisions have hurt us this year. The quick whistle on the goal against Murray and this suspension just being the most obvious. This season is like proof that purgatory exists.

Reactions: DaphneLion

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
So many questionable/bad decisions have hurt us this year. The quick whistle on the goal against Murray and this suspension just being the most obvious. This season is like proof that purgatory exists.

If they win in regulation tomorrow without Jake how did it hurt them?

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

In hockey as in life, it's easier to think the whole world is stacked against you when in reality you just aren't that good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad