Voracek Suspended

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
They need to overhaul the suspension process. There should be some sort of committee that can be formed instead of some random ex-player

IIRC, it is a committee, it's just Parros is the figurehead for it. I remember a quote about how the group tending to be more lenient than Pronger when he was involved.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Gritty

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
IIRC, it is a committee, it's just Parros is the figurehead for it. I remember a quote about how the group tending to be more lenient than Pronger when he was involved.

Pronger and Stevens both at the same time. They probably got together to just watch elbows hittin' noggins and high-five each other.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I mean I didn’t really expect Bettman to go against the people he employs to make these decisions.
Sure, that makes some sense. But if that's the case, what's the point of arbitration?

Kind of in the sense, just for merit and appearances, there should be an idea that there will be a few suspensions walked back a smidge every season. If not, then is the arbitration hearing done in good faith? If not, seems like an abuse of power and reason to protract a fight during CBA negotiations.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Sure, that makes some sense. But if that's the case, what's the point of arbitration?

Kind of in the sense, just for merit and appearances, there should be an idea that there will be a few suspensions walked back a smidge every season. If not, then is the arbitration hearing done in good faith? If not, seems like an abuse of power and reason to protract a fight during CBA negotiations.

I’m not saying it’s right just that it’s very rare to see Bettman overturn a suspension. So I had zero expectations of it getting overturned.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Bettman is a lawyer. His response just oozes of wanting to have a document that they can hold up as evidence if anyone ever tries to sue claiming that players aren't accountable for the acts and that the league doesn't try to hold them up to a standard.

Jake was never winning any appeal like this even if Boychuk came forward and took responsibility for charging him from behind.

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
F’n B* myopic political inconsistent d**uch bag Bettman and NHL. Steaming piles of....

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
what's really going to piss everyone off, is the next flying elbow that malkin does, will not even get a fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->