Voracek Suspended

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Pleasantly surprised that the PA filed an appeal on Jake's behalf.

Doubt anything happens, but they didn't have to do it in the first place. Make the NHL explain in detail how he was doing anything but protecting himself there.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
All they should have to do is point at the Gabriel and Malkin suspensions. Or even the non-suspension on Patrick for interference on Gabriel.
I thought for sure NP was getting at least a game. It never even crossed my mind that Jake would be suspended.

When the NHL wheel of justice confuses those two incidents, I don't know how to evaluate these plays anymore.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Pleasantly surprised that the PA filed an appeal on Jake's behalf.

Doubt anything happens, but they didn't have to do it in the first place. Make the NHL explain in detail how he was doing anything but protecting himself there.
I thought they file appeal upon a players request not on their own volition.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I was surprised Gabriel only got one game. You don’t really see a whole lot of blatant boardings like that anymore. I know it’s not supposed to matter but if there was ever a guy that is discardable it’s him.

But I was also surprised Patrick got nothing. Perhaps the decisions went hand & hand. That obviously shouldn’t be the logic but we’re kind ourselves if things 100% transparent.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
doesn’t an appeal mean he can play tonight?

No. He’s still suspended during an appeal.

It hasn’t been said when but the first part of an appeal is going through Bettman. If he upholds the ruling which I’d imagine he does then it goes to an independent arbitrator.

I have no idea how quick the process goes between tonight & the next game on Thursday. But he could also be arguing just for the money part of it. He still miss the games if need be but his record & the fine would be wiped out.

When Tom Wilson appealed he ended up missing more games than the reduction but he only got fined for 15 of those games instead of the 20 games or whatever it was.

Last edited:

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Wanted to add this , the suspension is right out of the 'hey, lets give all the kids a trophy' mindset that permeates society. No one is accountable for their own performance or actions.

Lets look at the stills Boychuk is going for the hit, see his right arm off the stick, but the prey refuses to become roadkill.

3483amh.jpg

svnkop.jpg

34q239e.jpg

None of the stills prior to contact is evidence of Boychuk intending to play the puck or to avoid hitting Voracek but they provide evidence of initiating a hit. Boychuk is coiled in a hitting position prior to contact. Boychuk played the man but the man played him instead. It's unfortunate he was injured but it's a case of the player getting played. It is clear, the pics don't lie.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
We need him on Thursday! I hope that Bettman will be good guy for us one time at least!

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I thought they file appeal upon a players request not on their own volition.

The PA has the sole right to file appeals. Usually they do so upon a player request, but they're not technically obligated to. They could file without a player's request, or deny a request from a player with appropriate justification.

No. He’s still suspended during an appeal.

It hasn’t been said when but the first part of an appeal is going through Bettman. If he upholds the ruling which I’d imagine he does then it goes to an independent arbitrator.

I have no idea how quick the process goes between tonight & the next game on Thursday. But he could also be arguing just for the money part of it. He still miss the games if need be but his record & the fine would be wiped out.

When Tom Wilson appealed he ended up missing more games than the reduction but he only got fined for 15 of those games instead of the 20 games or whatever it was.

Only suspensions of 6+ games can go to the independent arbitrator. So this will solely be heard by Bettman.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Voracek said on his facebook:

Hi guys... i find words really hard... im hockey player and so I just want to play hockey, of course I want to not be injured, but mainly, I dont want to injury anyone.. sadly, on deciding by DOSP, I must to only watch our tonight game and thursday game... and its really sad... keep thumbs for us!
And I dont want any stupid comments (on DOSP) from you, it nothing change.. thank you and I will see with you on 22nd of June in Mikulov!

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Ask Kronwall.

Though for some reason DOPS has repeatedly defended that style, until now.

He really was a predator.

As a comparison, I think Richards was the last player on the Flyers who straight up tried to hurt people. Gudas and Rinaldo had their moments, but the old captain could really air out some filth.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Briere was absolutely dirty, but like Pronger he knew how to pick his battles. Knowing when to be dirty to avoid penalties is 100% a skill.

His revenge there on OV, just when the refs weren't looking. A beauty. OV had hit him dirty earlier. Brière sure knew how to do this without being caught, but he never did it without a reason.

Last edited:

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Wanted to add this , the suspension is right out of the 'hey, lets give all the kids a trophy' mindset that permeates society. No one is accountable for their own performance or actions.

Lets look at the stills Boychuk is going for the hit, see his right arm off the stick, but the prey refuses to become roadkill.

3483amh.jpg

svnkop.jpg

34q239e.jpg

None of the stills prior to contact is evidence of Boychuk intending to play the puck or to avoid hitting Voracek but they provide evidence of initiating a hit. Boychuk is coiled in a hitting position prior to contact. Boychuk played the man but the man played him instead. It's unfortunate he was injured but it's a case of the player getting played. It is clear, the pics don't lie.
Even more galling is all the times the DoPShitz deny suspensions by blaming the victim for putting himself in a vulnerable position, but if you brace yourself it's your fault too.

Bettman will get a note from Mobster Lou reminding him about the photos of the weekend at Epstein's and the appeal will be denied.

catbellysqueezer

Dec 26, 2015
I CANNOT understand how people can watch the footage and say this is a dirty play by Jake.

How can someone be so objectively wrong?

I want to find these people and follow them around. They probably go on red and stop on green. They probably eat spaghetti with a spoon and mashed potatoes with a knife. They probably wipe their asses before they take a shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad