Voracek Suspended

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I believe he is a first timer. It was a hockey play. The boarding against NP by the Devils was a non-hockey play, 1 game. The stick swing by Malkin was non-hockey, 1 game.

I disagree with everything that resulted after that hit, especially the refs not letting Jake defend himself in a fight right after the hit.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I believe he is a first timer. It was a hockey play. The boarding against NP by the Devils was a non-hockey play, 1 game. The stick swing by Malkin was non-hockey, 1 game.

I disagree with everything that resulted after that hit, especially the refs not letting Jake defend himself in a fight right after the hit.

Eh, refs are trained to not let people fight over someone who is currently on the ice injured. I dont have a problem with that. I do have an issue with him getting a 2 minute minor later on to 'keep him off the ice and calm things down'.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
This topic was already exhausted yesterday.

Nope, gonna pile on the outrage!!

aggr.gif

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Eh, refs are trained to not let people fight over someone who is currently on the ice injured. I dont have a problem with that. I do have an issue with him getting a 2 minute minor later on to 'keep him off the ice and calm things down'.
Boychuck was on the wall, prone just below the hashmarks of the circle. Jake and Bailey had moved closer to the corner. Other players did congregate at the red line which prevented the natural movement away from Boychuk to slow. The refs could've directed traffic toward the goal, instead of stopping the fight all together.

In a humourous situation, both the refs and Boychuk took bad approaches toward Jake for the optimum play.

Reactions: Starat327

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
So the lesson here is Jake should have just swung his stick at Boychuk's head instead of protecting himself.

From the NY Post, a home town paper for the Fish-dicks:
Boychuk took the shot at 5:41 of the third period, with his team down, 5-1. The puck was in the corner and he went to hit Voracek, who not only braced for the collision, but then threw his back at Boychuk and caught him in the head. Boychuk went to the ice in a heap and was writhing in pain. When he finally got up, he was yelling and pointing towards Voracek in the penalty box.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/10/islanders-johnny-boychuk-victim-of-a-dirty-hit-to-the-head/

So the pro-Islanders view is Boychuk initiatied, Voracek "braced" and then "threw his back at Boychuk." Honestly, I have never heard of throwng your back at someone. Throwing a shoulder, sure. An elbow, shit, Malkin and Wilson do it daily. But "throwing your back" at someone? WTF dos that even mean?

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
It sucks to see jake taken out for two games, but why on earth are so many people here concerned by opinions of boychuck or isles fans?

We're Philly fans - the only thing worse than a BS arbitrary suspension is a troll from the team said suspension happened because of

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
heard on the NHL channel there is an appeal with help from the NHLPA. I am glad he is appealing it. I would let it be known what the PA thinks about the lack of consistency with some of these suspensions.

All they should have to do is point at the Gabriel and Malkin suspensions. Or even the non-suspension on Patrick for interference on Gabriel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad