Bi Coastal Bawse*

Thought it was gonna be 1-3 4 sounds good

*waits for Colin Campbell conspiracy comments*

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Good call, but it doesn't really do the situation any justice

Suspending a guy that the Devils fans dont even want to play for 4 games hardly seems like enough compensation for losing Marchand

Sucks, but what can you do?

CamTheMan

Apr 7, 2008
I really wish there was a way to review the Henrique incident on Krejci. In regards to Volchenkov i guess 4 games is fine but how freaking long will Marchand be out. He should be forced to sit out for the length of Marchands recovery, imo.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Did anyone hear The Ference interview (on the hub) and when could not answer why the Bruins didn't retaliate other than saying he didn't see it?

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
Did anyone hear The Ference interview (on the hub) and when could not answer why the Bruins didn't retaliate other than saying he didn't see it?

I believe him. The hit looked like a hockey play in full speed. The replay showed how malicious and dumb it was. Not to mention Campbell was the closest guy there, who would also be one of the first to drop them for a teammate. I don't have any doubts that no one saw it right away, and then Volchenkov was already in the dressing room before anyone realized what had happened.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I believe him. The hit looked like a hockey play in full speed. The replay showed how malicious and dumb it was. Not to mention Campbell was the closest guy there, who would also be one of the first to drop them for a teammate. I don't have any doubts that no one saw it right away, and then Volchenkov was already in the dressing room before anyone realized what had happened.

I believe him too, but the follow up question was something like "Yea, but he was just laying on the ice, why didn't anyone do anything?"

Silence.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Maybe it's because Volchenkov got booted immediately and the fact that if they retaliated like everyone wanted them to, they would have done even more harm to the team.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I always worry that when a guy gets suspended he misses games against teams the B's are fighting for positioning (Montreal or Pittsburgh) that isn't the case this time
Volchenkov will miss games against Ottawa, Toronto, Philly and Florida.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I expected 3, 4 is fine. Even 5 would've been okay. Not sure what to say, I kind of like volchenkov but that wasn't an accident and it wasn't necessary to pin Marchand to boards either. It was incredibly stupid. Doesn't belong in game and even if some people think he didnt mean harm you gotta condition guys to keep those elbows down.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I believe him too, but the follow up question was something like "Yea, but he was just laying on the ice, why didn't anyone do anything?"

Silence.

I don't think Ference is a guy that likes to have his loyalty to teammates questioned, he probably didn't have a legitimate answer to that. Usually you go after the player who did it and Volchenkov did a good job acting concerned and looking like just another player on the ice so the B's didn't know he was the idiot to go after.

HereWeGoBRUINS92*

should of been longer. Guy's a repeat offender and that was strictly to injure.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I don't think Ference is a guy that likes to have his loyalty to teammates questioned, he probably didn't have a legitimate answer to that. Usually you go after the player who did it and Volchenkov did a good job acting concerned and looking like just another player on the ice so the B's didn't know he was the idiot to go after.

I agree with you. He probably wanted to say... I was thinking the same thing But can't

This team has gone soft.

HereWeGoBRUINS92*

Should have been 10.

Obviously this will never happen but i truly believe the player (who cheapshots) should be out as long as the player (who recieved it). is it strict? Yup...but it's the only way to get these hits out of the game.

Example:

Todd Bertuzzi just mauling that guy *idk his name* he pushed him to the ice and drove his head into the ice. That kid never came back. Bertuzzi shouldn't of been allowed to come back.

Another example:

Matt Cooke (wasn't suspended :rant:) but a hit like that.

Savard took a year to come back, Cooke should've been out a year. Once Savard comes back and plays in an NHL game, then Cooke can return.

Extreme but imo, needed

Rhoshambeau

May 21, 2010
Northern Connecticut
Obviously this will never happen but i truly believe the player (who cheapshots) should be out as long as the player (who recieved it). is it strict? Yup...but it's the only way to get these hits out of the game.

Example:

Todd Bertuzzi just mauling that guy *idk his name* he pushed him to the ice and drove his head into the ice. That kid never came back. Bertuzzi shouldn't of been allowed to come back.

Another example:

Matt Cooke (wasn't suspended :rant:) but a hit like that.

Savard took a year to come back, Cooke should've been out a year. Once Savard comes back and plays in an NHL game, then Cooke can return.

Extreme but imo, needed

I totally agree. In fact it should be the length time the injured player missed plus 10 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad