Injury Report: Vol. 5 (Updates in First Post) | Practice @ UPMC66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Yep, Porter was the problem. :rolleyes:

He's not cracking the current line-up, so don't worry about it. He's a significantly better depth option than Sestito if we suddenly suffer 3+ injuries.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'd prefer Sestito. At least he brings something.

Porter's a good depth guy though himself. Productive in the AHL, can fill in on a 4th line in a pinch and seems to be a good teammate too. Just very bland as an NHL player. Makes Nick Spaling look dynamic.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I'd prefer Sestito. At least he brings something.

Porter's a good depth guy though himself. Productive in the AHL, can fill in on a 4th line in a pinch and seems to be a good teammate too. Just very bland as an NHL player. Makes Nick Spaling look dynamic.

Speaking of Sestito, what did he do to get that second game misconduct, anyway?

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
If wilson was healthy when the playoffs started I would say he would be playing over sheary. If he was to become healthy now he would be scratched until someone else got injured.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Had no clue where to put this. Sad news for one of my favorite players during one of my favorite eras.

Kevin Stevens, ex-Penguins veteran, faces federal drug charges
1:49 AM ET
Associated Press

BOSTON -- A two-time Stanley Cup champion from Massachusetts has been charged in federal court with conspiring to sell oxycodone in the state.

The Boston Globe reports 51-year-old Kevin Stevens and a co-defendant from Medford were charged Thursday with conspiracy and possession with intent to distribute oxycodone last fall.

Stevens played 15 seasons in the NHL, winning two consecutive Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1991 and 1992. He was born in Brockton and raised in Pembroke.

The former left wing has battled substance abuse in the past and entered the NHL's Substance Abuse Program before retiring in 2002.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...ittsburgh-penguins-veteran-faces-drug-charges

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Very sad to hear. Stevens was my idol growing up.

Mine too. :shakehead Not surprised considering how the Pens quietly terminated his role with the team a few years back. Oxycodone is a horrible, horrible super addictive drug (like cartoonishly so, it's not even a good painkiller, just an addiction factory) and I hope Stevens gets clean and pain free.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Sad to hear about Stevens, but if he's slinging OC, **** him. I consider it a tragedy to do that to yourself, but doing that to others for personal gain, well, that's scum bucket stuff to me. Innocent until proven guilty, but if guilty, he's dead to me (not that he'd care...).

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i'd almost guarantee he's not selling. ******** drug laws call possession over a certain amount intent to distribute. doesn't matter if it was obviously for personal use

selling oxys ain't that big a deal anyway. if the nhl didn't ignore its substance problems or took better care of its guys after retirement this wouldn't happen

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
He wouldn't be charged in federal court if they didn't have buys off of him and probably in more than one state. Or maybe he was buying from other states. Who knows, but I'm sure the DEA was involved.

You're right about possession over a certain amount, but at least in PA that's not taken to federal court and is pretty much just marijuana over 30 grams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad