Injury Report: Vol. 5 (Updates in First Post) | Practice @ UPMC66

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeNBake59

WizardofFire
Feb 20, 2016
Crosby's back yard
being british... never had the chance to skate... should change that now living in Canada, would make for interesting viewing :laugh:
Can certainly do the hockey side of things though

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I did that before playing ice hockey. The instructor kept it hockey specific and it was mostly just edge work and balance stuff. I was never fast but always thought my fluidity was my strong suit, and just being able to move around laterally, in reverse, & transitioning without thinking or hesitating.

You definitely need to learn to skate first before you can begin to incorporate the stick & puck. I've seen too many people, kids and adults, give up because they try to learn it all at once. Hockey is two separate sports combined.

I was a decent skater, by no stretch of the imagination ever the best, but I was late to ice hockey. I started ice skating when I was 7 or 8 years old, but before that I did a ton of inline hockey and even more dek. Because of that my hands and specifically my shot were my strong suit up until I quit playing. I could never get my skating up to the level of those other two things, and that ended up being my ultimate demise. I wish I got into ice skating earlier, and I wish I took figure skating lessons - which a coach asked me to do, but didn't want to be judged as a teenager for figure skating.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Lots of Tweets quoting both Hörnqvist and HCMS saying he isn't/wasn't.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Surprised Letang didn't skate, he seems to alway be out there. Gotta be an incredibly hard time on him and his wife though.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
I'm the only Canadian in the history of the world who's never learned to skate. Got myself in the papers when i was in grade 4 because how bad i was. CBA smh.

I haven't been on skates since I was 12 (and wasn't all that good at the time). I'm actually scared to try.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Thanks to everyone who has Tweeted the beat reporters for Wilson updates. Per Rorabaugh, there haven't been any updates:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Whatever was wrong with Wilson anyway? I totally forgot and don't feel like digging through the archives to find it.

You don't have to dig through the archives. There's a handy table in the first post. The team was not specific. It was 'Lower Body' and 'Will require surgery'.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Tons of Canadians don't know how to skate. I encounter hundreds of them every time I go to the local park for a public skate in the winter.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
It was 'undisclosed' but the PG said it was either his ankle or his foot. I think I remember some tweets about him being in a walking boot so that sounds about right.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
^^^^
This. Ankle or foot, seen in a walking boot. Since there were no specifics, we have no idea a timeframe for his return.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
You don't have to dig through the archives. There's a handy table in the first post. The team was not specific. It was 'Lower Body' and 'Will require surgery'.

:laugh:

I know about your rad table, Degen, I just meant I didn't remember it happening and wasn't sure what it was. And we know how much info Sullivan gives out.

But 4 months is a bit of a long time to recover from foot surgery unless he's been totally immobilized. :amazed:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
:laugh:

I know about your rad table, Degen, I just meant I didn't remember it happening and wasn't sure what it was. And we know how much info Sullivan gives out.

But 4 months is a bit of a long time to recover from foot surgery unless he's been totally immobilized. :amazed:

I might be a liiiiiiiittle sensitive about the updates in the first post thing :laugh:

But, it hasn't been 4 months. They were both injured in March. Porter's timeline was always the end of this month, and we never got one for Wilson.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY

Besa, as with a lot of guys in the NHL, are as good as they are because they started as figure skaters.

:41 second mark I almost fell out of my office chair, because if I had pivoted that quickly on the ice I would have been bracing for impact.

I took a few power skating lessons that helped me get up to speed (I was also a late starter at 13, but had played roller in the past). Its pretty amazing what a difference it makes. I was never better than a marginal skater, but before those lessons I was a pretty lousy skater. Not that I'm not lousy now, but more so then ha.

It was 'undisclosed' but the PG said it was either his ankle or his foot. I think I remember some tweets about him being in a walking boot so that sounds about right.

I think I recall him blocking a shot around his foot/ankle in his last game.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I might be a liiiiiiiittle sensitive about the updates in the first post thing :laugh:

But, it hasn't been 4 months. They were both injured in March. Porter's timeline was always the end of this month, and we never got one for Wilson.

Jesus, you're right. I thought for some reason that A) it was June already and B) they got injured in February. :laugh:

I'm a mess today. Sorry, the end of the semester is always a nightmare. :laugh:

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I mean, even Mike Sullivan at this point could not rationalize playing Kevin Porter over a Rust or a Kuhnhackl right? Right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad