Injury Report: Vol. 3 (Updates in First Post) | Flower Out with Concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Just try and squeeze another 1 or 2 points out against Boston and then they don't play WPG til Saturday so you get 2 fresh bodies.
Could be worse i suppose.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Ugh we need to go get a dman now. That sucks.

Just bring up Oleksy and pair him with DP if Cole continues to falter, they played great in WBS. JR's comments reported by Yohe are actually encouraging though, saying he likes the roster and the youth, and is mainly interested in trading guys on the roster.

If we do trade for another D, then I guess Cole would be waived when LJ returns.

I just hope we do nothing at the deadline.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Just bring up Oleksy and pair him with DP if Cole continues to falter, they played great in WBS. JR's comments reported by Yohe are actually encouraging though, saying he likes the roster and the youth, and is mainly interested in trading guys on the roster.

If we do trade for another D, then I guess Cole would be waived when LJ returns.

I just hope we do nothing at the deadline.

I hope you are right on the D side. I don't see any legitimate upgrades out there that don't cost a lot.

Forwards I wouldn't mind picking up another top 9 LW'er, depending on price.

Wes Mantooth

Jun 4, 2008
Richmond, VA
literally been no news or updates, at all, nothing to think or fret about, so not sure what's got you upset

Sullivan said Bennett is "not close" to returning today. Did not give details but it starting to sound unlikely he returns before the end of the season

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Cole has been so bad that buying him out is an option on the table in my book.

Anything that results in more Cole playing time is a bad thing.

Or, potentially way worse than either, is the Pens using this injury as justification to overpay for another veteran third pairing defenseman at the deadline...

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Was Cole that bad against Buffalo? I was half asleep for it, but from what I saw, he looked like any bottom pairing D would after not playing for several weeks.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Was Cole that bad against Buffalo? I was half asleep for it, but from what I saw, he looked like any bottom pairing D would after not playing for several weeks.

Pretty much where I'm at. For a struggling player that hasn't played in forever, it could have been a lot worse. Pouliot is the important part of that pairing regardless of Cole or Lovejoy being with him anyway.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
People make ultimatums about all sorts of things with this team:

- "If Kunitz plays another game on Crosby's LW, I'm done."
- "If the Pens trade Murray, I'm done."

For me, the biggest piss off - and it's not close - is their inability to provide reasonable messaging about injuries. Example #286: "Evgeni Malkin is day-to-day, NOT week to week." Fast forward 3+ weeks, Malkin's still out.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
This just means we will probably overpay for a dman this week. The Lovejoy-Despres trade is the gift that keeps on giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad