Injury Report: Vol. 2 (Updates in First Post) | No Geno, No Lovejoy, Flower Will Start @ Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
For god's sake, so help me god if was rushed back in an attempt to save Johnston and this happened.

You've got to love that Maatta misses about three weeks after what looks like something really serious and Letang is out for two weeks over something innocuous.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
Just looked at the youtube video... dangerous hit from Oshie on Bennett.

However, it didn't look that bad. Looked like a dislocated shoulder. Depending on how he recovers, Bennett will probably miss 3-6 weeks. Doubt it requires surgery.

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
Just looked at the youtube video... dangerous hit from Oshie on Bennett.

However, it didn't look that bad. Looked like a dislocated shoulder. Depending on how he recovers, Bennett will probably miss 3-6 weeks. Doubt it requires surgery.

This is BB we are talking about, assume the worst.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
any review by NHL on that shove by Oshie. he basically came from behind.
angled around to the front from BB's blind side and shoved him 4 feet from the boards.

in my head that's suspension worthy

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
i have no idea if that's boarding or not by the letter of the law, but it's hard to disagree that it is an incredibly dangerous type of hit in a league that ostensibly cares about player safety.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Honestly I think that hit is well within the rules.

If the Doan hit on Letang is legal, so is that.

But the league should maybe change the rules or re-define boarding. God forbid you get your stick blade near someone's teeth, but shoving guys head first into the boards is just a good hockey play.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
This is BB we are talking about, assume the worst.

Little do people know that through Morehouse and his connections to the current administration, the Penguins allowed a special black ops cloning program to be conducted here. We are currently on Beau Bennett #6 by my count. Prime Beau, was unfortunately killed in one of his first injuries. Through the experimental cloning procedure, several more Beau's have been created. Unfortunately, there are have slight degradations with each subsequent Beau replication. They are working out the kinks as we speak.

It's back to the old drawing board. As the white coats are in their labs now. It usually takes a few weeks for a new Beau to be "socially up to speed" and "ice ready". We will no doubt see him again.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
4-6 weeks is better than the 3 months I was expecting. Hopefully if ends up closer to 4. One of those weeks is Christmas break so that should help.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Well, time to find out what this team's made of. And if MAF is unlucky enough to have a concussion, it gives us the opportunity to see how our stud AHL goalies are doing.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
With Bennett out 6 weeks should the pens put a claim in on Kassian?

Sure. It can be like when Oprah tried to save Lindsey Lohan for ratings. A boring train wreck that fails miserably and then everyone forgets because no one cared that much.

If he can play LW, then whatever. Kunitz + Kassian + for Boedker in a month. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad