Injury Report: Vol. 2 (Updates in First Post) | No Geno, No Lovejoy, Flower Will Start @ Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Shouldn't Dupuis still technically be on there? He didn't officially retire. He will be on LTIR until his contract expires.

Technically. But he's not going to be returning to the ice, so I didn't see the point of keeping him listed. Plus, there's a thread dedicated to his decision to no longer play hockey for anyone who wants more details.

Any Beau updates?

The team was traveling today. Once there is some sort of information, I'll update the first post as always.

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
Actually the more I think about...there has been no word of any call-ups today? The Penguins currently have zero reserve forwards on the roster, so if Bennett or Sprong were injured badly enough that they would have to be scratched tomorrow then wouldn't the Pens have wanted to call someone up today so they would be ready for morning skate with the team tomorrow? Unless MJ is planning on Scuderi's debut as a first line winger....oh gawd.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Actually the more I think about...there has been no word of any call-ups today? The Penguins currently have zero reserve forwards on the roster, so if Bennett or Sprong were injured badly enough that they would have to be scratched tomorrow then wouldn't the Pens have wanted to call someone up today so they would be ready for morning skate with the team tomorrow? Unless MJ is planning on Scuderi's debut as a first line winger....oh gawd.

I'd assume that they're all healthy enough right now (please, Beau and Sprong), or that they'll officially call someone up in the morning but said player already knows. Or he's gleefully waiting to go with 7 D.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
How can a player who does such rigorous training over the summer be so prone to injuries, or is the problem that he does such rigorous training?

I've wondered if he over trains, but at this point he might just be fragile or more importantly I think it's because he's stupid. He puts himself in the position to take more abuse than he needs to and he's the #1 D with all that entails. Letang also simply isn't that big, he's not Weber. Not huge, fragile, targeted and not smart enough to limit the abuse he takes. And the team is the centre of weird health problems.

That being said, they don't have the defensive depth to trade him and good Letang is awesome. He has put been good this season... Where's Niederreiter at?

Hope that Maatta's weird stuff is behind him with the cancer and that his shoulder is good, and hope that Dumoulin doesn't have a Penguins' special happen to him. We need them to insulate Letang' s customary missed games and I think they have a better chance at avoiding unnecessary abuse over a season.

HMPens

Dec 26, 2011
I've wondered if he over trains, but at this point he might just be fragile or more importantly I think it's because he's stupid. He puts himself in the position to take more abuse than he needs to and he's the #1 D with all that entails. Letang also simply isn't that big, he's not Weber. Not huge, fragile, targeted and not smart enough to limit the abuse he takes. And the team is the centre of weird health problems.

That being said, they don't have the defensive depth to trade him and good Letang is awesome. He has put been good this season... Where's Niederreiter at?

Hope that Maatta's weird stuff is behind him with the cancer and that his shoulder is good, and hope that Dumoulin doesn't have a Penguins' special happen to him. We need them to insulate Letang' s customary missed games and I think they have a better chance at avoiding unnecessary abuse over a season.

I wonder if he overtains as well, and he trains in Motreal at a facility that trains MMA, although there are NHL players as well. He really isn't a big guy for all the abuse he takes, and he is targeted every game because they know, when on his game, he is the most dangerous coming out of the back end. I was hoping the new conditioning coach would help. We have no idea what the injury is, except "upper body" and he'll be out "next little bit", so hopefully he can rest up and playing with Maatta, get back to being the player he can be.

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
I guess MJ has as much faith in Clendening as he does in Sprong. Scuderi is awful, has been awful, and there is no light at the end of that tunnel. The only thing Scuderi can successfully pull off anymore is the "down on one knee, stick on the ice pass/shot block" on a 5 on 3 PK... and that's because he doesn't have to move much past a 3 foot radius of the left post!

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
well the good is that MJ is stupid enough to put scuds back in the lineup, thus getting him one step closer to the chopping block.. (I hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad