Injury Report: Vol. 2 Is Up; Mods, please close this one. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
« 10.04.15 | Practice @ CEC »

I feel like I should knock on wood or throw some salt over my shoulder or something :laugh:

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
So no one else could beat farnham as the 13th forward? Sad. This is why they shouldn't be in a hurry to dump people just because sprong did well.

Because who comes up when the injury parade begins? After sundqvist there's who? The super midget?

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
So no one else could beat farnham as the 13th forward? Sad. This is why they shouldn't be in a hurry to dump people just because sprong did well.

Because who comes up when the injury parade begins? After sundqvist there's who? The super midget?
I think they're just giving Farnham a shot because he was out for most of the preseason. He's rotating in practice. Everyone deserves a fair shake. I doubt he'll be anything more than a situational player.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think it's that Farnham outplayed everyone else as much as it's that Farnham brings an element nobody else does, he's waiver-elligible, and he won't be hurt by sitting in the press box for long periods of time.

There seem to be plenty of call-up candidates. Rust, Wilson, Sundqvist, Sheary, Porter, etc.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
When a guy needs to go through a medical protocol before every game because of his issues with blood clots, maybe it'd be prudent to hang 'em up as a 36 year old.

It would be prudent but in today's world it's all about choices and social media perceptions, and never questioning a warrior's choices, bro. Go against the social currents and social group-think at your peril. lol If he dies, he'll die a hero. ™

He really is a borderline idiot if you want my opinion. There's toughing it out for your team and "livin' the dream" and then there's stupidity and lack of perspective on life. The fact that he has this complicated "protocol" he has to go through to keep himself at a lower risk from something terrible happening... that's about all you need to know for a guy in his mid-30s with kids, set for life.

It'd be one thing if he was making 80 grand a year for the last 5 years or whatever, trying to scrape together everything he can before taking a lower paying job but that's not the world he lives in / the choice he faces.

Last edited:

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I don't think it's that Farnham outplayed everyone else as much as it's that Farnham brings an element nobody else does, he's waiver-elligible, and he won't be hurt by sitting in the press box for long periods of time.

There seem to be plenty of call-up candidates. Rust, Wilson, Sundqvist, Sheary, Porter, etc.

Yeah, guys like Dea have things to work on, they're not going to improve in the press box.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeah i think the dupuis thing will be too much of a pain in the ass for everyone involved and he'll just go to LTIR sooner than later.

Good point about farnham. He is what he is I suppose, better to let others develop and get more minutes in the AHL.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Could be unrelated to the clot, but it seems like anytime he gets dinged up this will be the standard procedure...

Yeah... if this is SOP with him now, on top of what they're having to manage with the medication, flying and skating, it seems ridiculous that he's playing. That many concerns and they're still doing it.

This is something that I feel awful for the medical staff with. They have to manage all of that or he could die, and then they can't trust him to report another clot if it doesn't work.

How many people had an "oh ****" reaction to Dupuis not being at practice? I know I did.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Dupuis actually lost a leg, but insisted that it was only a paper cut.

Pens' doctors immediately administered a physical, which Dupuis passed.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I've been "oh **** " re Dupuis since it came out about him concealing his symptoms. And then that article was that the Trib? Intending to make him look like this warrior, and all it said to me was how weak he is.
I would hate to be on that med staff.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Could be unrelated to the clot, but it seems like anytime he gets dinged up this will be the standard procedure...

Yep pretty much SOP as it relates to him. I am 20/80 between understanding his desire to play and on him being ******* stupid for risking it.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe he's just gonna play for this year and then call it a career? I can't imagine putting up with this sort of protocol (either as a player or as management) for 2 more years.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Maybe he's just gonna play for this year and then call it a career? I can't imagine putting up with this sort of protocol (either as a player or as management) for 2 more years.

I doubt it, he won't quit and the Pens won't make him. I question if he'll even walk away at the end of this contract, tbh.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
I still can't fathom how the team was stupid enough to allow its medical personnel to clear Dupuis. He should be on the physically unable to perform list or whatever it is called. There is NO WAY he should be playing and on this team. Him, Kunitz, and Scuderi eat up 9M+ in salary and are drag the Penguins away from contender status.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
bobby mac says an injury so slight it will hold him out for at least a week and perhaps longer

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
I still can't fathom how the team was stupid enough to allow its medical personnel to clear Dupuis. He should be on the physically unable to perform list or whatever it is called. There is NO WAY he should be playing and on this team. Him, Kunitz, and Scuderi eat up 9M+ in salary and are drag the Penguins away from contender status.

"Declare him unfit so.we can free up cap space" doesn't seem to be a very ethical order for a doctor.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
"Declare him unfit so.we can free up cap space" doesn't seem to be a very ethical order for a doctor.

any-given-sunday.jpg

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Before the knee/clot issues, he was the ultimate iron man. Seems like his body is starting to break down.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Well that didn't take long.

I'm going to believe Bob McKenzie's estimate about being out for at least a week over anything Johnston says.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

Its not their choice, not only would it be unethical, but he and the union could fight it all day. Then not only would the Pens be in hot water for that but also probably looked into for trying to circumvent the cap as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad