Injury Report: Vol. 2 Is Up; Mods, please close this one. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny Farham

Dec 18, 2014
Drummondville
I do not speak an ounce of French. :laugh: Any chance I could get a rough translation?

He trained like crazy this summer to return 100 percent physically. However , he will do more planning by precaution. After the trainings , he is still on coangulants . When he take the plane, he can't do the morning practice because the drug takes 12 hours to respond. He says that with all these precautions , he will never have a relapse .

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Well, godspeed to Dupuis, man. I hope he's right, cuz he seems like to good a person to put the last few years of his already lengthy career in jeopardy.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
I do not speak an ounce of French. :laugh: Any chance I could get a rough translation?

Here's a really rough translation of the medical part:

He's still on anticoagulants after practice. It will be trickier on game days where they fly the day of the game. [Note: This wouldn't happen during the regular season because the CBA requires teams to travel the day before a game]. There has to be a 12-hour gap between getting the injections and taking any contact, so he wouldn't be able to do morning skates. He would take an injection early in the morning, then miss the morning skate and work out in the gym instead. The anticoagulants are effective for 12 hours, and he has to take them in order to fly. He said that he's not really at increased risk if he should get cut - the anticoagulants would be out of his system by the time he would be on the ice taking contact.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Well, that doesn't sound complex and like it's begging for something to go wrong. It's not like thy'd have to catch mumps before a face inflates like a balloon.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Well, that doesn't sound complex and like it's begging for something to go wrong. It's not like thy'd have to catch mumps before a face inflates like a balloon.

Best part: catches mumps (during mumps outbreak), face inflates like a balloon (during mumps outbreak), team doctors are adamant that it's not mumps (during mumps outbreak). And …………………….. it's mumps.

This blood thinner protocol scares me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Yeah, I don't know. It's not just about getting cut. Bruises can be dangerous with blood thinners as well, can't they?

Seems like a Hell of a routine to go through every single day to just be able to barely hang on to playing.

Not worth the risk in my eyes. Not at all.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Well I mean, everyone read that Players Tribune article, right? He seems like a good dude, but a bit delusional when it comes to the importance of hockey.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Well I mean, everyone read that Players Tribune article, right? He seems like a good dude, but a bit delusional when it comes to the importance of hockey.

Dupuis seems like a fantastic guy. Great dad, and awesome teammate. But he also seems like a guy that knows he was a long-shot to be an NHL regular for this long, and he's desperate (by the very definition of the word) to remain in the NHL. He's terrified to move on from life as a hockey player, and is taking way too big of a risk in order to stay in the league.

I don't blame him for it. He chased the dream for his entire life, and doesn't want it to end. But I think what he's doing is foolish, selfish, and the wrong choice. Especially with every new article or bit of info that comes out about his situation, it just keeps looking worse.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
It's a shame.because when healthy he brings a hell of a.lot.more than kunitz. Oh well, if it doesn't work out that means more cap space. And if anything bad happens that's on him.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
It's a shame.because when healthy he brings a hell of a.lot.more than kunitz. Oh well, if it doesn't work out that means more cap space. And if anything bad happens that's on him.

You have a weird obsession with using periods everywhere. I don't understand.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

He does, no doubt about it. Brings a lot more energy to the ice. Kunitz, he just looks dead all the time floating around.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Alright, any bets on what the team-building exercise in Raleigh will be and who will get hurt doing it?

It won't matter what they do as a team-building exercise, because, inevitably, Hurricane Joaquin will intensify and shift direction to make landfall exactly whereever the Penguins are. 7 Penguins, including Kessel, Letang and Crosby, will all get concussions from flying debris.

Inevitably, someone will make a joke about how the Pens were supposed to play a game against the Hurricanes, not in one. (Probably me, actually).

:help:

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
They'll probably push a boulder up some hill because go USA military. Or something like that. It'll definitely be super important and relevant to hockey.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They'll go camping or some **** and someone will almost get eaten by a bear. Maybe ranch type thing where someone will get injured by a horse. Probably Phil sneaking snacks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad