Injury Report: Vol. 2 Is Up; Mods, please close this one. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
he's a distraction. it's the pascal dupuis three ring circus

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
**** like this is why I wonder if the locker room isn't toxic as hell. Besides being selfish, does Duper really believe he's this important? Yeah I get he's Crosby's on-bench therapist but he's also a 4th line scratch. Why not accept retirement and a place as a trainer. Then he can stay with the org and keep making decent money.

Similar with Kunitz and Scuderi. Are they so unaware of how bad they are? Waiving Scuderi is one thing, as is trading Kunitz for picks. Pouliot/Clendening could take Scudi's place and Kunitz can be replaced as well but they aren't. Why is this so ****ing hard for management/ownership to see? if they are such big pieces in the room then they need to get out and find younger vocal pieces that are useful, not keep these wastes of money on the ice.

This is how it should be.

If I remember correctly Duper hasn't played on the 4th line all year. Just last game he was on the 1st/2nd line with the best player of the last decade (not Kunitz in case you are Steigy ;) )
Chris Kunitz averages the most TOI of every LW. I think Perron will catch him soon. But after 24 games he averages the most.
Robbie "defensive stalwart" Scuderi is on the first pairing. He was a healthy scratch for one game.

The media shows no sign of criticism of them either. Steigy and Errey are telling the audience all game long how great veteran experience plays they make.
I can absolutely understand why they would think they are good players.

They are never held accountable for any mistakes. Kunitz for example takes some of the dumbest penalties on earth.
When Plots or Clenn were called on some BS they were benched and scratched the next game.
In Kunitz case he is out with the first line because Dupuis just killed the penalty and plays 3on3 overtime with Sid and Tanger.

In my opinion theese contracts are killing this team and organization (the coach is an idio too). Not just with their play (which is horrendous) but also with their present.

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
I can't help but think that the Pens and Crosby would be well served having Sprong and Plotnikov on the top line over Kunitz and Dupuis...

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Part of this is on the organization too. JR and or Mario should have sat Dupes down and said wtf are you doing. Stop playing and we will hook you up with a job within the organization, where your salary won't hinder the team, you don't have to move your family, and you can still be around the club.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Part of this is on the organization too. JR and or Mario should have sat Dupes down and said wtf are you doing. Stop playing and we will hook you up with a job within the organization, where your salary won't hinder the team, you don't have to move your family, and you can still be around the club.

Agreed. The Hurricanes just told Tim Gleason he can't play with them any longer, but they want him around to coach the young D. Something similar should have been proposed to Dupuis a while back.

The difference of course, and herein lies the problem, is that Dupuis is under contract for this season AND next. He can just say, 'nah guys, I'm good. I'll just keep playing if it's all the same to you."

If I think back to the day Shero re-signed Dupuis to this ridiculous deal, I will certainly throw up in my mouth, a little.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Dupuis is selfish (or stupid). At a certain point you have to decide when to give up the sport. There are more important things in life than hockey. The guy has a family... I truly don't understand his thought process for continuing to play.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Agreed. The Hurricanes just told Tim Gleason he can't play with them any longer, but they want him around to coach the young D. Something similar should have been proposed to Dupuis a while back.

The difference of course, and herein lies the problem, is that Dupuis is under contract for this season AND next. He can just say, 'nah guys, I'm good. I'll just keep playing if it's all the same to you."

If I think back to the day Shero re-signed Dupuis to this ridiculous deal, I will certainly throw up in my mouth, a little.

We have to pay the vets. We don't have to play them.

Don't want a cushy token job? Enjoy the minors or the press box waiting for a call-up that will never come.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Thats really it.
The locker room.
Dupuis is too important for some reason.
If he was actually healthy scratched, there'd be a riot.
It's crazy to tax him every night on the 1st line though.
Insane, even.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
What does a riot look like with this team?

This?

family-guy.gif

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
I wonder if the organization feels it made a mistake letting Talbot go when they did, and are overcompensating with deals like the Dupuis and Scuderi ones. Max was always rumored to be a big part of the room, and the team has never really been the same since he left. I know its been said a hundred times, but a youth movement would really do the club well. Not just one guy in the press box.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
I'm sure it has nothing to do with Letangs wife and child being on the California trip.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Let's see how this plays out. Minor, day-to-day injuries tend to be "oops, he's out for 2 months" type of **** on this team.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
If Letang is still injured after the road trip they better calls up Pouliot to run the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->