Vladimir Tarasenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Use the Schwartz*

Heard the first "Vlad the Impaler" reference today when they were doing highlights on the BUF/PHI pregame.

Awesome nickname.

dan1el

Oct 16, 2011
I cried my eyes out when ottawa traded our pick, I wanted him soooooooooo bad.

Tarasenko is the offensive difference maker the Blues needed to push them over the edge. I don't think there's a team that can beat them.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I cried my eyes out when ottawa traded our pick, I wanted him soooooooooo bad.

Tarasenko is the offensive difference maker the Blues needed to push them over the edge. I don't think there's a team that can beat them.
That could go down as a pretty big mistake for sure. After trading Rundblad the deal basically shook out as Tarasenko and a 2012 2nd round pick for Turris. Turris is pretty decent, but I like Tarasenko a lot more. High skill level (hands, shot, skating, etc.), strong on his skates, hustles hard, what's not to like? As others have mentioned, his game seems tailor made for the NHL.

Halpysback*

He was the 3rd best 2010 forward at the time of the draft and I doubt it has changed since.

Lots of teams derped up that draft. Not just him, but Fowler and Kuznetsov as well. Wished McPhee traded up for him at the time, but Kuznetsov should be a decent consolation prize.

If anything the Russian factor actually helped him since he was allowed to develop properly.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
He was the 3rd best 2010 forward at the time of the draft and I doubt it has changed since.

Lots of teams derped up that draft. Not just him, but Fowler and Kuznetsov as well. Wished McPhee traded up for him at the time, but Kuznetsov should be a decent consolation prize.

If anything the Russian factor actually helped him since he was allowed to develop properly.

Well you can't quite say Kuznetsov was a good pick yet. Everyone knew the talent, the question was whether he would come to the NHL. He hasn't yet, and doesn't seem inclined in the near future.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Good on the Blues for recognizing talent. Ottawa had a chance to draft him but chose to acquire David Rundblad, instead.

Tarasenko is the far superior prospect.

IHWR

The Chiropractor
Jul 25, 2006
Ottawa, ON
Everyone here is assuming that Ottawa traded for Rundblad instead of drafting Tarasenko, when in all likelihood, the Sens were probably going to pick someone else instead like Beau Bennett or Austin Watson.

So be happy you turned that pick into Kyle Turris and don't get greedy.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Well you can't quite say Kuznetsov was a good pick yet. Everyone knew the talent, the question was whether he would come to the NHL. He hasn't yet, and doesn't seem inclined in the near future.

Didnt Kuz just say that the plan is to come over for 14-15 season, after the Russian olympics? Plans can obviously change, but I think he will come over.

Tarasenko is a finisher, no doubt. Elite hands, he can put a ton on a shot, especially in tight spaces. He is also a very strong skater and very aggressive in going to the net. Everyone talked about how his transition will be difficult, but Im not worried. He has been playing in the 2nd best league in the world for 4.5 years now and has a lot of international experience.

Fulcrum

Certainly the indication I got from Kuznetsov is that he is more than willing to try NHL After the Olympics. Nowhere did he say that he will "NEVER" try NHL. His level is undeniably higher than 26th pick.

All the number represents is the risk/reward ranking for NHL teams.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Once again, I'm so happy the Rangers took Dylan McIlrath :shakehead

Still pissed the Sens passed on him and traded the pick.

134241607114.jpg

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Just how good is this kid? Obviously I know he's good, but is an Ovechkin-like talent in that 40-50 goals is close on the horizon or is he just a very talented player that will be a top 6 mainstay for the Blues?

Basically: Superstar or very good forward?

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Almost scored another one and drew a penalty.

Just how good is this kid? Obviously I know he's good, but is an Ovechkin-like talent in that 40-50 goals is close on the horizon or is he just a very talented player that will be a top 6 mainstay for the Blues?

Basically: Superstar or very good forward?

At the draft I said he would be as good or better than the Top 2 picks. I'm sticking by that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Jesus Ducks, can you guys get more steals like this? I know we pull steals but steal some stars damn it!

Fingers crossed we get Sean Monahan at 7-10

Kid is a beast. Almost scored again on this drawn penalty.

EDIT: he gets an assist now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce