Vladimir Tarasenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Anyone else think he looks like Ovechkin in his first year? Kid is aggressive, forechecks hard, intercepts pucks and scores. Unreal even though it's early.

Very different game. Ovechkin didn't and still doesn't cycle all that well. His game is north south speed with a super shot. Tarasenko is an uber skilled grinding power forward. Not nearly as fast, but better in tight. The only thing really similar between the two is their nationality and size.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
After Pietrangelo scored, Tarasenko hopped towards him like a kid who had just scored his first peewee goal. Kinda cute, even though he's older than me. :)

i9UoSyU8dGN8h.gif

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Very different game. Ovechkin didn't and still doesn't cycle all that well. His game is north south speed with a super shot. Tarasenko is an uber skilled grinding power forward. Not nearly as fast, but better in tight. The only thing really similar between the two is their nationality and size.

Tarasenko is perfect for the St. Louis system.

I feel sorry for Ottawa. Murray's bigotry cost them a star.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen

A lot of teams passed on him. Honestly which players would you not trade straight up for Tarasenko right now?

Hall
Seguin
Gubranson
Johansen
Niederreiter
Connolly
Skinner
Burmistrov
Granlund
McIlrath
Fowler
Gormley
Forbort

Only guys I'd hestitate on at this point is Hall, Seguin, Skinner and Fowler. The only question on Tarasenko was whether he'd show up. Answered

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia

Even the Blues drafted Schwartz before Tarasenko, there was certainly some risk with drafting him. But even before he was drafted he publicly stated that he wanted to play in the NHL, but I understand the skepticism of an 18 year olds word.

Murray not drafting Russians as a rule is silly though, just lazy IMO. You got to evaluate each prospect on their own to determine their chances of coming over. Just silly to alienate an entire pool of prospects.

JackBauer

May 16, 2006
Ottawa, Ont.
Even the Blues drafted Schwartz before Tarasenko, there was certainly some risk with drafting him. But even before he was drafted he publicly stated that he wanted to play in the NHL, but I understand the skepticism of an 18 year olds word.

Murray not drafting Russians as a rule is silly though, just lazy IMO. You got to evaluate each prospect on their own to determine their chances of coming over. Just silly to alienate an entire pool of prospects.

1) It's not just Murray - most Russians slip down draft boards every year, even in rounds where the Sens have traded their picks

2) Rumor has it that we liked Beau Bennett so if we had kept the pick, we would have drafted him not VT

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Now that Tarasenko's in the league and there's a thread devoted to him on the NHL Talk forum, let's take this discussion over there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad