Injury Report: Vladimir Tarasenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
how do blues bring 91 back onto the roster while keeping under the cap?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
You know what, I’m just gonna say it. Vladdy is gonna come back and exceed expectations. Maybe not right away, but by the end of the year we’re gonna be wondering why we doubted his ability to come back and still be a top liner that puts up lots of goals.
If he doesn't play skittish or re-injure his shoulder, I like the odds that you're right here. All reports from practices were the same, that his explosive wrister was back. As long as he's able to stay in the lineup and is willing to get to the areas of the ice he needs to, I could see him potting 12-15 goals in our last 32 games.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Yea, I kind of wish that the Blues had just benched him for the season so he could focus on healing. As a Red Wings fan we had the Stephen Weiss incident where he was signed for big money, broke his hand, and then kept trying to play w/o letting it heal and it ended his career. The Blues have been fine and winning without Tank contributing, its best for both parties to get him to 100% before bringing him back.

The problem is that every time he has come back, he has seemingly been 100%. Obviously scoring goals takes time; it took Steen weeks before he could shoot normally again, same with Bergy too, but you just knew Tarasenko would come back fine. And then freak stuff happened or whatever it may have been and he just kept injuring himself. Last year he looked pretty good (from my memory) and it showed with his ppg pace. Idk he was my favorite player when I was in high school and to see him be such a good goal scorer and to think that we could lose someone like that, it's just really disappointing. Not quite the devastation I felt when we lost Oscar Taveras (RIP), but I would feel awful for Vova if he had to hang em up early.

I could be completely wrong here but this is what I think I understood about his shoulder injuries.

Surgery 1. he got hurt, he rehabbed and he came back and everything was cool.

Surgery 2. he got hurt in a different way, if I recall they said it was as if he got hit and it forced his shoulder up and dislocated it. it needed to be fixed. He came back for the playoffs last year.

Surgery 3. Was not actually an injury. He played some playoff games and benched himself, said somethng felt off with his shoulder. He went to a different doctor and that doctor fixed what ever the 2nd surgery f***ed up.

So I don't think it's been 3 injuries and I don't think it's been the same injury each time. IMO that bodes well for his longevity.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I could be completely wrong here but this is what I think I understood about his shoulder injuries.

Surgery 1. he got hurt, he rehabbed and he came back and everything was cool.

Surgery 2. he got hurt in a different way, if I recall they said it was as if he got hit and it forced his shoulder up and dislocated it. it needed to be fixed. He came back for the playoffs last year.

Surgery 3. Was not actually an injury. He played some playoff games and benched himself, said somethng felt off with his shoulder. He went to a different doctor and that doctor fixed what ever the 2nd surgery f***ed up.

So I don't think it's been 3 injuries and I don't think it's been the same injury each time. IMO that bodes well for his longevity.
I don't particularly remember either so I can't really comment on the matter. I do know that different injuries on the shoulder leads to different problems and rehab times, but even if that were the case, having 2 surgeries on the same shoulder is going to give me cause for concern. It could be the case that even though they may operate in different places near the same location (shoulder), that they have very little to do with each other and thus don't affect longevity, but the body, especially the shoulder, have to operate very well with the muscles and moving parts near them. Again, I don't recall the extent of those shoulder surgeries so I'm literally just talking out my ass right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad