Tribute Vladimir Tarasenko Appreciation Thread

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Anyone know if his house has been listed on the market yet?
His wife and kids are almost certainly still living in it and will continue to do so until the summer. He is still a UFA this summer and could be moving again in a few months. Even if the plan is to stay in New York long term, it makes more sense to finish out the school year (and kid's hockey seasons) and then move. I'd guess that they will wait a bit before listing it.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
As for home selling, interest rates have been tough and it has killed the market for awhile. We were 13 days away from close last April and had everything lined up to move to Vermont where we'd outbid 11 others for a house there and our buyers decided they hated their own lender's terms and so they backed out. In the meantime it began to sink in what losing 90 days a year of daylight (240 in the Emerald Triangle down to 150 in Burlington VT area) would mean and Santa Fe NM (320 days) is now the leading contender, ahead of the Denver area. Laws around cannabis and psychedelics are a key factor.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
As for home selling, interest rates have been tough and it has killed the market for awhile. We were 13 days away from close last April and had everything lined up to move to Vermont where we'd outbid 11 others for a house there and our buyers decided they hated their own lender's terms and so they backed out. In the meantime it began to sink in what losing 90 days a year of daylight (240 in the Emerald Triangle down to 150 in Burlington VT area) would mean and Santa Fe NM (320 days) is now the leading contender, ahead of the Denver area. Laws around cannabis and psychedelics are a key factor.
Love Vermont (and Maine)! Being near those two states was probably one of the biggest benefits to living in Boston, honestly.

Reactions: PocketNines

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Santa Fe is lovely, more so if you prioritize art, appreciate native culture and develop an eye for the beauty of the desert. For someone used to greenery, everything just looks brown at first.

The Santa Fe opera is a world class venue, worth going once even if you don’t care for opera much. There is a historical chocolate shop that will amaze you. Meow Wolf, without saying!

Yes, I still miss New Mexico.

Mar 6, 2012
Will always be one of my favorites. So glad he got to lift the cup here.

My favorite Tarasenko memory is when he was at a youth hockey picnic/party (as a hockey parent, not a guest) and he was mobbed by the kids and was graciously signing autographs... my 8-year old son didn't have anything for him to sign so he had him sign the bright red CANADA shirt he was wearing. Vlad knew it was pretty funny/goofy, but he happily signed it. So we have a Tarasenko signed "Canada" shirt and photographic proof of it happening. One of these days I'm going to frame that thing. Makes me laugh every time I think about it.

His kids play for the same organization my son does and he was around the rink quite a bit. Quiet guy who didn't seem to want to be in the spotlight, but seemed very nice and down to Earth and was always very patient with the kids.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Will always be one of my favorites. So glad he got to lift the cup here.

My favorite Tarasenko memory is when he was at a youth hockey event and was signing autographs... my (then 8yo) son didn't have anything for him to sign so he had him sign the bright red CANADA shirt he was wearing. So we have a Tarasenko signed "Canada" shirt and photographic proof of it happening. One of these days I'm going to frame that thing. Makes me laugh every time I think about it.

His kids play for the same organization my son does and he was around the rink quite a bit. Quiet guy who didn't seem to want to be in the spotlight, but seemed very nice and down to Earth and was always very patient with the kids.
I remember seeing a video posted of Vlad and Lehtera skating around the Webster Groves ice rink and laughing. They looked huge/the rink looked so small compared to what I remembered from skating there as a kid haha

Have no reason to think he won’t, but I really hope Vlad gets a warm welcome when he comes back in April. Would love for him to remain a long term part of the Blues alumni and stay at least somewhat connected to the community in St. Louis!

Reactions: eibyyz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad