Goals: 262 (5th)
Assists: 291 (7th)

Playoffs (Blues Rank)
Games Played: 90 (5th)
Goals: 41 (2nd)
Assists: 19 (21st)

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I'd always hoped Tank would be a Blue for life. The Midwest just isn't a destination that young people making millions of dollars wants to be. I'll never forget the playoff game against Chicago in 2014 where he tied it up with seconds to go in the game...or the hat trick against the Wild in the first round of the playoffs. I wish nothing but the best for him. I hate to see him leave.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Forever thankful for Vlad. 2010 was the first draft that I really started following and we drafted him and Schwartz, so now that he’s gone it’s kinda bittersweet. I always loved when young Vlad would score, it could be playoffs or a regular season game in January, and he’d celebrate like it was the last goal he’d ever score. Another core part to the 2019 team is gone, we’re rather quickly down to just a few at this point. Crazy.

Cheers Vlad, go kill it.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Will always love and appreciate Vlad for all he gave to the franchise and city. Incredible player, enjoyed watching him immensely. Wish him and his family all the best!

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
2010 was such a huge year in bringing back excitement to the Blues. The team drafted Schwartz and Tarasenko and both became highly touted prospects playing in their respective leagues. Schwartz had astounding numbers at Colorado College and Tarasenko was putting up point-per-game numbers in the KHL. Waiting for those two to make their NHL debut had Blues fans salivating in anticipation.

Some of my favorite moments of his:

Tarasenko's NHL debut which was something to behold. Scores his first goal on a breakaway after a clever stick lift on the defender to ensure the long stretch pass made it to him. His reaction after his first goal is etched in my mind. I still remember the excitement on his face and Steen right there next to him with a huge grin on his face. He then proceeds to score another goal on the powerplay with an outside inside move and then roofing it. It really doesn't get better than that.

Game 2 of the 2014 playoffs against the Blackhawks. The Blues are down 3-2 and with 7 seconds left the puck ends up on Tarasenko's stick. I remember Shattenkirk had his stick wound up ready for a one timer but Tarasenko looks him off and decides that he'll be the one to take the last shot. He walks in on the right side and snipes one just over the pad of Crawford and sending the game to OT. He slides on his knees in celebration as the crowd goes wild. Jackman would score the OT goal in that game but the Blues would eventually lose the series 4-2 (thanks Ryan Miller). The Blues would get their revenge in 2016 though.

Game 7 of the 2019 playoffs against the Bruins. The Blues are up 2-0 against the Bruins after withstanding an absolute onslaught in the first period. It's midway through the 3rd period and the Bruins have been making a push with the home crowd urging them on. Schwartz dumps the puck into the corner and Tarasenko is the first man on the puck. As he heads to the corner he takes a half second glance behind him to see Schenn following up through the middle of the ice. Tarasenko slings the puck blindly through the legs of Zdeno Chara and right on the stick of Schenn who fires it past the pad of Rask. The replays don't do justice to how brilliant of a pass that was by Tarasenko. It was at that moment that I felt the Blues would truly win the Cup. I'm sure Schenn felt the same way with the huge uppercut he threw in celebration.

Tarasenko went though several shoulder surgeries and even more playoff heartbreaks, so to have him win a Cup with the Blues before moving on to his next chapter leaves me content. I wish nothing but the best for him with the Rangers though the Blues fan in me wants to see them and the Stars crash and burn for a higher draft pick.

A bittersweet farewell for one of the greatest Blues.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
My girl used to collect Build-a-Bears, and we ended up getting some hockey bears with full Blues jerseys. The first was Bearret Jackman, who was her favorite player. We had a Backes bear and an Oshie bear. Soon we got a red panda named Alex Pieterpandelo. When they released a cunning fox we had our Schwartzy. And of course there was the polar bear, who can handle the Russian winter, Vladimir Bearasenko.

It's a sad day now that none of those players are left on the team. Vladimir, you will be missed.

If I had to bet on it I would have put money on at least two of those guys finishing their careers as a Blue, but now it's clear none of them will (though Jackman almost counts, playing just one season outside of St. Louis). You can't keep everyone in the cap era, but it's tough to watch the key pieces of our Cup team move away so quickly and sad to watch these guys who were the core of your team for years and years play in different jerseys.

Tarasenko was the player I was most excited about at any Blues draft, even over Erik Johnson or Petro, and it was great to see him excel when he reached the league. I really feel like he could have been a bigger star in the NHL if he wasn't on a Hitchcock team and played in a more open system and where he could get more minutes. But he was also one of the reasons those teams had success, because he could score goals like no one in the league.

Thanks for the memories and the Cup, Vladdy, and good luck in New York and wherever else your career takes you.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I’ll never forget being at his debut witnessing the two Gino’s and knowing we were about to enter a new era and we finally got a goal scorer. It was a hell of a ride VLADDY, appreciate the 1st rd pick you allowed us to get in return too lmao

Reactions: Russell Sprouts

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
2010 was such a huge year in bringing back excitement to the Blues. The team drafted Schwartz and Tarasenko and both became highly touted prospects playing in their respective leagues. Schwartz had astounding numbers at Colorado College and Tarasenko was putting up point-per-game numbers in the KHL. Waiting for those two to make their NHL debut had Blues fans salivating in anticipation.

Some of my favorite moments of his:

Tarasenko's NHL debut which was something to behold. Scores his first goal on a breakaway after a clever stick lift on the defender to ensure the long stretch pass made it to him. His reaction after his first goal is etched in my mind. I still remember the excitement on his face and Steen right there next to him with a huge grin on his face. He then proceeds to score another goal on the powerplay with an outside inside move and then roofing it. It really doesn't get better than that.

Game 2 of the 2014 playoffs against the Blackhawks. The Blues are down 3-2 and with 7 seconds left the puck ends up on Tarasenko's stick. I remember Shattenkirk had his stick wound up ready for a one timer but Tarasenko looks him off and decides that he'll be the one to take the last shot. He walks in on the right side and snipes one just over the pad of Crawford and sending the game to OT. He slides on his knees in celebration as the crowd goes wild. Jackman would score the OT goal in that game but the Blues would eventually lose the series 4-2 (thanks Ryan Miller). The Blues would get their revenge in 2016 though.

Game 7 of the 2019 playoffs against the Bruins. The Blues are up 2-0 against the Bruins after withstanding an absolute onslaught in the first period. It's midway through the 3rd period and the Bruins have been making a push with the home crowd urging them on. Schwartz dumps the puck into the corner and Tarasenko is the first man on the puck. As he heads to the corner he takes a half second glance behind him to see Schenn following up through the middle of the ice. Tarasenko slings the puck blindly through the legs of Zdeno Chara and right on the stick of Schenn who fires it past the pad of Rask. The replays don't do justice to how brilliant of a pass that was by Tarasenko. It was at that moment that I felt the Blues would truly win the Cup. I'm sure Schenn felt the same way with the huge uppercut he threw in celebration.

Tarasenko went though several shoulder surgeries and even more playoff heartbreaks, so to have him win a Cup with the Blues before moving on to his next chapter leaves me content. I wish nothing but the best for him with the Rangers though the Blues fan in me wants to see them and the Stars crash and burn for a higher draft pick.

A bittersweet farewell for one of the greatest Blues.
I was at that Hawks game. It was incredible.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
So many great on ice memories. My personal top 5:

1. That pass to Schenn to make it 3-0 in Game 7.
2. Scoring two nasty goals in his debut against the Wings after the lockout and so much anticipation for him to finally join the team.
3. His one handed goal against the Rangers.
4. Him absolutely walking Heiskanen with that stutter step move and scoring in the playoffs.
5. His two goals in the Winter Classic at Busch. He lived in Crawford’s net his whole career.

Those are top of my head so I’m sure I’ve missed a few. My favorite off ice moment was the love he showed to Aria. Also Michelle Smallmon posted a video on Twitter from the Cup parade where he made a special needs Blues fan’s day by signing his jersey and giving him two huge, genuine hugs.

We never really know these players, but I feel confident in saying he’s a great person and he represented the Blue Note and the city incredibly well. I’m sad it had to end this way but look forward to watching the rest of his career play out.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
He'll go down as one of my favorite Blues players of all time. I wish him success wherever he goes, just not with NY this year because it could mean a better pick for us if they get knocked out in round one.

Sorry Vlady, the team comes first.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’ve never got too attached to players. I like the team more than an individual player. Once they’re gone, f*** ‘em

Reactions: TheDizee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad