Tribute Vladimir Tarasenko Appreciation Thread

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
His late game tying goal against he Blackhawks been mentioned a couple times, but I haven't seen the video posted yet. The broadcast replay shows just how damn good his shot was. It's no small task to cleanly beat an NHL goalie with a wrist shot from the top of the circles.

But the reaction from ballpark village is my preferred video.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
The fact that he pulled the Forsberg against that kind of pressure in a playoff game still amazes me.

The one timer against Dallas to net his first hat-trick was also an absolute rocket. I wish they tracked puck speed back then. When his shoulders were healthy, there are few shots to compare it too. So damn heavy.

(Pietrangelo with a beauty of a move to set it up, too)

Random one that I can't find, but has always stuck out: a five-hole shot against the Lightning that was so hard that the tender didn't even react. He didn't know it went in. Anyone remember that/have a clip?

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Still frame from the happiest moment ... like being electrocuted with joy ... will miss you 91 ...

Celebrating Cup win.PNG

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
His late game tying goal against he Blackhawks been mentioned a couple times, but I haven't seen the video posted yet. The broadcast replay shows just how damn good his shot was. It's no small task to cleanly beat an NHL goalie with a wrist shot from the top of the circles.

I haven’t lived in STL in a looong time. At the time, I lived in New Mexico and my son was in Arkansas. A flew to AR, rented a car and we drove to St Louis for that game. Those heroics by Tarasenko came shortly after the infamous ”Wakey wakey Backes”. The cacophony for the crowd was the loudest ice ever heard the arena.

We were in club seats, near the top. We went to the restrooms after regulation and apparently walked right past the entrance to the owners’ box. Stillman amd Hull popped out of a door right in front of us, all smiles, and then exited another unmarked door shortly down the hall. I asked my son, “Do you know who that was?”

I was so sure we were going to win that series up 2-0 after Jackman won it with his 5-hole shot.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
For a one random memory.

I’m sure we all remember when it felt like impossible for the Blues to beat the Kings. Both postseason series losses, a number of other losses, including a blown 3 goal lead in the third.

It was a random game in the regular season and we had not beaten LA in f*cking ages and the Blues just unloaded on them that night. Something like 5-0 and Tarasenko scores and literally drops to his knees and spins in his celebration. I just remember feeling like he felt exactly the way we all did about finally getting that monkey off our back.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Rangers fans are super stoked on Tank. Good for them. Watching the game and it's amazing what a new place can do for a guy where he's happy. Let's see how long it lasts.
That is so fantastic, Crafty. I love the Rangers and want to see them power their way to a Cup championship.

Reactions: eibyyz

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Hadn't seen that ballpark village reaction before, so great. Not sure why exactly but it made me tear up. Thanks for posting!

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Carolina Blues

May 27, 2019
So many memories... one that comes to mind is the OT game winner in Nashville, second game of a home and home during our 11 game win streak of the Cup season... I believe that gave him a hat trick.
My oldest son never paid much attention to hockey until he discovered Vlady... got a lot of good game time with him after that.

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
Been a Blues fan since '69, and Tank is one of my all-time favorites.

The thing about him was even when he was struggling, opponents had to play him as if he could stop struggling at any given time.

I remember watching a video of the team returning home after the Cup win. The look on Vladdy and the way he related to the fans there was like a kid with a prized new toy.

I wish him all the best. It was time, but it is still bittersweet.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
So many great clips & personal memories you folks have shared regarding one of the best to ever wear the note.

This is why you’re one of my favourite Boards to visit. A classy, friendly group only further evidenced by your fond farewell & best wishes to Tank.
8F6C9030-D7E0-4EAE-A0E0-DFB17E84CAAA.gif

Hopefully your rebuild is a quick turnaround & you’re back among the upper echelon soon.

Cheers my friends.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Hadn't seen that ballpark village reaction before, so great. Not sure why exactly but it made me tear up. Thanks for posting!
That goal and Steen's shorty OT winner in 2013 are two of my three favorite moments from the pre-Cup era of Blues hockey.

The Kings and Hawks were the undisputed two best teams in the NHL from 2012-2015. They alternated Cups in those 4 seasons and both the 2013 and 2014 WCF saw them go head to head in a series that felt bigger than the Final. We got the defending champ in round 1 in both 2013 and 2014 and we had objectively weaker rosters. The Kings and Hawks showed why they were the champs later in those series.

But with both of those goals, our leaders landed a shot and knocked down the champ.

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
My kid's favorite player. She always got a fist bump from him when they walked out of the player's tunnel for warm-ups when we went to Avs games.

I still can't believe it's been almost 13 years.

Anyone know if his house has been listed on the market yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad