Tribute Vladimir Tarasenko Appreciation Thread

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Vladdy was my favorite player when I first started following the Blues. Will be sad to see him go but I'm happy we got tp see him raise the cup with us

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Man, I'm gonna miss Tarasenko. I remember being so excited when my dad called me saying that we traded Rundblad for the sixteenth pick, which we used to draft a Russian player, and I was absolutely through the moon.

I paid attention to any highlight I could get because I was so damn sure Vladi was going to be a star - and I was right, along with damn near every Blues fan.

I'm just glad that guys like Tarasenko won a Cup here, that he helped end the long wait.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Man, I'm gonna miss Tarasenko. I remember being so excited when my dad called me saying that we traded Rundblad for the sixteenth pick, which we used to draft a Russian player, and I was absolutely through the moon.

I paid attention to any highlight I could get because I was so damn sure Vladi was going to be a star - and I was right, along with damn near every Blues fan.

I'm just glad that guys like Tarasenko won a Cup here, that he helped end the long wait.

Same here. I remember watching all the YouTube videos on Tarasenko after we drafted him. Man, time flies

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Speaking of videos around draft time, remember his combine interview? I still remember my favorite quote(in his surprisingly good broken English at the time), “If I see a teammate in perfect position I always give him pass, but if I have a choice: Score goal or give pass, I think I score goal.”

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
There was a game on the road vs either Ottawa or maybe Calgary where someone passes it to Tarasenko from the corner, and he had the puck on his stick for maybe 0.4s. The first evidence he had scored a goal was the clink when the puck hit the bar, and it was like AFTER that, that my eyes registered the wrist shot. It was such a lightning quick pinpoint shot. But I remember the camera panning the opposing bench immediately after and guys were sitting with their mouths hanging open, nit even trying to hide the awe. Wish I could find a clip of that one.

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
The first year I played fantasy hockey was vladi's rookie year. I took him in the last round of my draft. After his NHL debut where he scored two goals, including a hilight reel undressing of Quincy, he rocketed up from 10% ownership to 90% ownership. I'll never forget how hyped I was watching that game.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
He reinvigorated the franchise that night he debuted against Detroit. I think he was an awesome Blue and one of the guys I was happiest for individually to get to hoist the Cup here. He seemed like a guy that loved the city as much as we loved him and he’s apart of many of my best Blues memories.

He followed up an offseason last year where he expected his trade request to be honored only to not get his wish and he responded by never being a distraction and having arguably his best season ever. Always loved that.

I’ll be cheering for the Rangers to win the Cup this year, no doubt.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Reading all these posts brings back so many great memories! Like all of you I was super pumped when he was drafted and still vividly remember his first two goals in the NHL, you just knew that he was going to be star. He’s a true pro and a leader and always seemed like a humble dude. His best quote ever “Whats a rub off means?” Lol.

I hope it goes well for him and his family in New York, a Panaring-Zib-Tarasenko line should be lethal and a hell of a lot of fun to watch, going to have to tune in to some Rangers games now.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Been a fan of Tarasenko for a while.

I know he's had some issues and last year looks to have gotten past those.

Who are we getting today? Is he still that 30+ goal guy??
Yeah, I think he still has at least a couple more good years in him. He’s not as dynamic with the puck as he once was, and his shot isn’t quite what it used to be, but Tarasenko’s shot at 90% of what it used to be is still better than the vast majority of players. When Vladi is invigorated and engaged he’s still a force who can take over games. He’s been a bit checked out recently with the poor team play and his impending trade, but I think you’ll get Vladi firing on all cylinders playing with his buddy Panarin. Good teammate, fun personality, humble guy. He’s a good one.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
from yamagoo <3 to Stanley cup champion <3 <3

thanks for good times, love ya!
yotes5-4.gif

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
He hasn't been this year, but I don't think that means that he can't be that guy. His release isn't what it was in his prime, but his passing and vision is probably the best it's ever been. But to be clear, he was a 40 goal guy in his prime. He had a 3 year run of 37 goals (in 77 games), 40 goals and 39 goals and that was at a time when goals were worth a bit more than they are today. The Rocket winner had 53, 50, and 44 goals in those 3 seasons. Tarasenko's 116 goals across those 3 years was 2nd in the league to only Ovechkin.

I think it is important to remember that when we talk about Tarasenko's shot not being what it once was, part of that is because he once had the 2nd best shot in the league.

He's still a 25 goal guy and I wouldn't be at all surprised if a jolt of energy with Panarin and a new team gets him right back to being a 30+ goal guy.

You're getting a good player who should be very motivated. It took him 20+ months to get this trade, he's good friends with your best forward and he's playing for his last big payday. I'm happy with our return given his regression from last year, but I think this is a really good trade for you guys.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Been a fan of Tarasenko for a while.

I know he's had some issues and last year looks to have gotten past those.

Yes but he comes with flaws as well. He is a floater and refuses to one time pucks. He should thrive in NYR imo, especially playing with Panarin.

I think it is a great move for NYR if they are trying to win now. 91 can still put the puck in the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad