Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
If Krava keeps up this style of play and then comes back to the NHL after the KHL season with a goatee its going to be like oooh snap. Now if only I could find the wav of Don King saying Vitaly (in reference to Klitschko).

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
I still like him as a prospect but he needs to be here training with our trainers as soon as this corona virus is under control. For whatever reason players out of Russia lack the core strength needed to play in the NHL, it's part of what takes them longer to adjust.
What if I told you that a main training regime that is used by most of the top NHLers was created by a Russian trainer?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
What if I told you that a main training regime that is used by most of the top NHLers was created by a Russian trainer?

I think there's a little underlying...something... when it comes to this. A Russian prospect or young player (Kravtsov) will be referred to as someone who "lacks core strength," while a Canadian prospect or a young player (Howden) with the exact same issues needs to "fill out." The former implies that the Russian isn't doing something while the latter is just saying it'll come with time.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I think there's a little underlying...something... when it comes to this. A Russian prospect or young player (Kravtsov) will be referred to as someone who "lacks core strength," while a Canadian prospect or a young player (Howden) with the exact same issues needs to "fill out." The former implies that the Russian isn't doing something while the latter is just saying it'll come with time.
I hear the opposite. Krav really needs to fill out.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Ovechkin
Malkin
Kuznetsov
Tarasenko
Panarin
Gusev
Radulov (2nd time)
Dadonov (2nd time)
Semin

They all came over from the KHL and had no problem adjusting to the NHL. It's almost as if there's more to hockey than just "playing on a smaller rink" and "bulking up". When you're good enough, you jump right in. That's the truth

Some of those guys never came over as rookie aged players though

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Back at home Traktor vs Amur. Game start 8 am EST. Kravtsov is 1LW for the third game in the row with 3 goals in the these last two games and 5 in total.

A hat trick incoming? Or maybe an assist :laugh:

Reactions: McSauer

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Had a chance for an assist but Sedlak couldn’t convert from a high slot. Traktor is up 2:0 after first.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kravtsov with his signature puck between the legs move one-on-one against a defenseman down the right side. Was very close to convert.

#confidence

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Younger players are very often not developed or strong enough physically for the NHL. If Kravtsov is 6'4 and 185 lbs. that's pretty light. Some people are very wiry strong and can play lighter but that again tends to be those in their mid-20's on up.

As far as Buchnevich the year he actually joined the Rangers I remember the comments about a photo of him in a t-shirt and people were concerned because he looked like he had a boy's body. He's 6'2 and 6'3 and his first couple years he was really getting hammered. He ended up with a back injury and that moved on to the needs to build up his core strength thing. IMO--it was true and FWIW Buch can handle pretty much anything now but it took a little time. I think the same thing is going on with Kravtsov--he needs to develop his physical strength more and put more muscle and weight on. I don't expect that to happen overnight. I just think we're going to need to be more patient with him. Next year he might be very much improved.

As for Howden--he's not very strong either but he's shown an ability to take a beating. There are also different expectations and Howden having a lower ceiling and higher floor played into his making the Rangers as well as the depleted state of the team when Howden showed up to his first training camp. He really could have used some time in Hartford and maybe if he did he'd have more offensive confidence but he's never going to be a top 6 player anyway which is where you'd want someone like Kravtsov to land. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me though over the next couple years if Howden is moved and I think there are possibilities that Buch, DeAngelo and Kravtsov move as well. I think the team overall is pretty much in flux. I expect Lias to be traded as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad