Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Wrong on so many levels. Putting on weight is not overblown if it's muscle. Especially when you are a bigger player. You aren't going to duck, hide, slip out of contact like a smaller, low to the ground player can do. You are going to get hit and you better be able to take them and stay strong on the puck. Look at Kakko. He spent his first 45 NHL games getting knocked on his ass constantly. Once they started to improve his strength he started to generate a lot more chances and he was more physically developed than Kratsov was.

My response wasn't meant for a guy with 50 troll accounts, besides the fact not a single thing you just said refutes what I posted.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
There are currently no 6’4 players over the age of 21 in the NHL under 200 pounds.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
focusing on weight is rather pointless, the important thing is just the strength to handle the physical aspects of the game. Kravtsov looks like a lanky person and I find it doubtful he's ever gonna look shredded like K'Andre Miller or something.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
There are currently no 6’4 players over the age of 21 in the NHL under 200 pounds.
malkin is listed at 6'3" 195 pounds. he plays a lot stronger than that. buchnevich is listed at 6'3" 197 pounds now. thats around the height and weight kravtsov will probably need to play at in the NHL, but thats a size that will come with just about any effort and natural maturation that will come for him.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Kravtsov has basically the same build, weight and height as I did at 20. By the time I was 23 I'd become around 205-210. I went to the gym, played Tennis etc.

Given he's an athlete, I'd say he will add the weight fairly naturally as he matures.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Kravtsov has basically the same build, weight and height as I did at 20. By the time I was 23 I'd become around 205-210. I went to the gym, played Tennis etc.

Given he's an athlete, I'd say he will add the weight fairly naturally as he matures.
100%.

200 lbs. seems like this magic number where you're heavy/bulky if you're above and can only be lean if you're below. But that's only because it's a round number. At different heights – and yes, for different body types (which is why I've always found BMI to be kinda junk science) – different weights can translate to different things.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Again back to the growth spurt. That weight fit his 6’1 6’2 frame. He grew two inches since and Fast. I think it messed with him. Now he seems to have figured it out comfortable in his own skin. That bulk will follow the growth spurt. No doubt in my mind. He’ll play closer to 200 lbs plus as a 23 24 year old

Reactions: McSauer

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
focusing on weight is rather pointless, the important thing is just the strength to handle the physical aspects of the game. Kravtsov looks like a lanky person and I find it doubtful he's ever gonna look shredded like K'Andre Miller or something.

he doesn't need to be miller...just needs to strength to play against men and hold onto the puck

Reactions: Rangerfan4life90

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
malkin is listed at 6'3" 195 pounds. he plays a lot stronger than that. buchnevich is listed at 6'3" 197 pounds now. thats around the height and weight kravtsov will probably need to play at in the NHL, but thats a size that will come with just about any effort and natural maturation that will come for him.

Different era obviously, I met Mario Lemieux when he was 20, I played a pick up game with him. If he was 190 pounds I would be shocked, good luck knocking him off the puck.

Before anyone asks, I was just extremely lucky it happened, I would never ever be confused with a professional hockey player.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
They got their old coach back from SKA, the same Kravtsov made the KHL under.

Yup, posted this when first heard about Kravtsov going back to spend the season with Traktor. They also upgraded the front office, changed the size of icebox and got good players imports.

I know it’s way too early but the way Eastern conference is shaping up, Traktor AT LEAST might be one of 4 teams fighting for 3 spots almost guaranteeing a minimum of one playoff round. IMHO they should be one of teams fighting for a home advantage.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
I just want to preamble all of this with a statement that this is all my own conjecture, reasoning and speculation.

So...

After bouncing back and fourth between NHL preseason, AHL, KHL, VHL, AHL, KHL... Is there any fear that Kravtsov with his recent success could feel compelled to stay in Russia?

Not sure how the contracts work, but also feel like this is a bit of a unique situation.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I just want to preamble all of this with a statement that this is all my own conjecture, reasoning and speculation.

So...

After bouncing back and fourth between NHL preseason, AHL, KHL, VHL, AHL, KHL... Is there any fear that Kravtsov with his recent success could feel compelled to stay in Russia?

Not sure how the contracts work, but also feel like this is a bit of a unique situation.

IMO, Absolutely not! This is a situation where “what doesn’t break you, makes you stronger”. His recent success should validate lessons he was being taught in Hartford and, if anything, validate the effort he was putting in last year to make it a successful D+2 season, even if it didn’t look like it on paper or from his travels.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

So...

Highly doubt it, his English is phenomenal compared to most Russian players his age and he’s been pretty dead set on playing in NA ever since he was drafted. He came over super early and spent the whole summer in the US last year, for the play in round he got the call from the Rangers the day before his sisters wedding and he said he’d skip the wedding to go if there was even the slightest possibility he’d get to play for the Rangers. He also followed the Rangers since he was a little boy and watched Jagr because his dad bought him a Jagr Rangers jersey.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Are you going back to that thing again where you just post your own tweets instead of actual posts? :laugh:

From my phone it's a whole lot easier to do this rather than saving an image, uploading it elsewhere, copying the URL, using the code tags etc. When I am on my laptop, I can easily copy-paste the image and post it as such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad