Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Didn’t Gorton & Clarke talk about him potentially playing center in interviews right after they drafted him? And that was when we thought the Rangers were going to have a logjam at center, now we have one at wing
At left wing*

And just a few weeks ago Drury said they see him as a RW going forward

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Didn’t Gorton & Clarke talk about him potentially playing center in interviews right after they drafted him? And that was when we thought the Rangers were going to have a logjam at center, now we have one at wing

Maybe he should make the NHL first in the position where he's best. If he is going to move to center, which is not impossible, it would happen later on like Kuznetsov did. I hate the Kuznetsov comparison because it's such a pitfall, comparing players who played for the same org. It's a slippery slope to lazy comparisons. Like Lundell and Granlund, which I am seeing elsewhere

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Thats where I'm coming from, I'm not even saying force this guy to play such and such, I'm just relaying what we've heard from the organization itself.

https://youtu.be/k0lcRDDKUyc

Its very brief around 1:50, I havent been able to find the other interview, but I believe he reiterated very similar things but had gave a bit more detail. Brought up Kuznetsov as an example of a guy who also didnt play center in the KHL but his game translated well to that spot

Reactions: EdJovanovski

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Let the young players acclimate themselves to the NHL playing their natural positions before trying to fit them into positions of need. The NHL is a tough enough league to play in as it is without the added pressure of playing a demanding positions like center.

Reactions: Leetch3

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Landing a franchise winger might change their mind though, we can definitely make a trade to land a 2C but I’d rather build from within and see what Chytil or Kravtsov can do.
I get everybody acting like wingers are just wingers, but Laf plays left wing and Kravtsov plays the right. Some can play both sides well, some don’t (Ovechkin was worse when Oates decided he wanted him on the right)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad