Tribute Vitali Kravtsov <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
But seriously though, I think the best thing Drury can tell VK and his agent is, teams are very weary of your commitment to the NHL, come over to finish the season and be available for your organization and I'll be able to have more options to deal you in the summer, even to a place you'd prefer.
And as soon as he puts the team on his back in the playoffs there's no way we're trading him and we live happily ever after 🥰

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I really hope we experiment with Krav at center. Watch his game tape from his brief NHL stint, he ALWAYS cheats toward the center of the ice. He's always the first man back on the back check too. He's got the skating, the long reach, the vision, everything.

Panarin - Kravtsov - Kakko
Kreider - Zibanejad - Lafreniere

If they all reach their ceiling, that may be the best top 6 in the NHL

Eventually

Panarin Kravtsov Kakko
Lafreniere Zibanejad Chytil

Reactions: EdJovanovski

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I would love them to try Kravstov at center.
The player I've always compared him to was Pettersson. They have the same lanky body type, skating stride, identical shooting mechanics where it looks as if they're not even flexing their stick, they're both very creative and pull of similarly unique moves like how they both like to bounce the puck off the back of the net to trick defenders. There are a ton of similarities, and Pettersson was drafted as a winger and played wing in Europe too, then transitioned to center. Kravtsov played center in the WJC even though he was on the top line with "center" Klim Kostin. He played very well in that tournament with a torn tricep & the flu, that tournament was really what put him on the map and catapulted him to the #1 ranked NHL prospect by TSN.

And Pettersson's infamous comparable in that rookie season was... Wayne Gretzky. I think Kravtsov is the closest thing to the great Wayne Gretzky we'll ever see. BUT unlike the physically diminutive Wayne, Kravtsov is almost a parody of a hockey player. He's like if you made the ideal player in a video game. Make him a 6'5 freak who skates like the wind and has a 100+mph slapper. So many are disappointed with how vanilla Laf & Kakko are compared to the other flashy young players around the league, but Krav is the prototype of that confident flashy new wave of NHL player.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
The player I've always compared him to was Pettersson. They have the same lanky body type, skating stride, identical shooting mechanics where it looks as if they're not even flexing their stick, they're both very creative and pull of similarly unique moves like how they both like to bounce the puck off the back of the net to trick defenders. There are a ton of similarities, and Pettersson was drafted as a winger and played wing in Europe too, then transitioned to center. Kravtsov played center in the WJC even though he was on the top line with "center" Klim Kostin. He played very well in that tournament with a torn tricep & the flu, that tournament was really what put him on the map and catapulted him to the #1 ranked NHL prospect by TSN.

And Pettersson's infamous comparable in that rookie season was... Wayne Gretzky. I think Kravtsov is the closest thing to the great Wayne Gretzky we'll ever see. BUT unlike the physically diminutive Wayne, Kravtsov is almost a parody of a hockey player. He's like if you made the ideal player in a video game. Make him a 6'5 freak who skates like the wind and has a 100+mph slapper. So many are disappointed with how vanilla Laf & Kakko are compared to the other flashy young players around the league, but Krav is the prototype of that confident flashy new wave of NHL player.

Yeah, I’m gonna have to slowly back away from the Gretzky comparisons, I don’t know if that’s a running bit of schtick or what, but I’ll leave it at Kravtsov is still a very good prospect with 70 point upside and the Rangers are stupid if they don’t try to get him back.

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
The heart rate thing to me is always funny. The point is to push yourself to the elevated heart rate. It doesn't matter how healthy you are, it is about working hard enough to get your heart to that stress level. Point being: he didn't work hard enough. That is why the coaching staff wasn't happy. You could also argue that it was indicative of things to come. Dude has all the tools to be the steal of that draft. He has the vision and IQ, but the motor is not running at maximum capacity. Yup, running at 4k rpms is getting 100 mph. Imagine if he ran at 7k.

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
I personally think he is coming back a few games before the playoffs. It will increase his trade value tremendously if teams see what he can do during a playoff run.

Heck we may even end up keeping him if he plays good and we kiss and make up.

Georgiev has likely been told play your butt off and we will trade you this off season.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012

Our boy is here to stay
Traktor is down 2-1 in the second round of the playoffs
tumblr_ptms9p6DOl1rg9v07o2_540.gifv

add119af4e23b9915a71b7c1c084aa0669dede7b.gifv

Was happy for you that he wasn’t traded. And selfishly for the continued love fest content.

• Haha

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I personally think he is coming back a few games before the playoffs. It will increase his trade value tremendously if teams see what he can do during a playoff run.

Heck we may even end up keeping him if he plays good and we kiss and make up.

Georgiev has likely been told play your butt off and we will trade you this off season.
I think Georgiev is a goner regardless. His QO is $2.65M, which we're obviously not going to pay him, so either we trade his rights or just let him walk. Either way though he's almost certainly gone.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers can recoup a 2nd round pick by trading Kravtsov. Arizona still has all of those 2nd round picks. They traded one of them to Minnesota for Jack McBain. Maybe the Rangers send Kravtsov to Arizona with Patrick Nemeth and his contract.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It's undeniable that the guy has game breaking upside, but because he's been unwilling to put his head down and work on improving his weak areas his game has hardly progressed in the last 3 years. The fact that he's putting up just decent numbers in like his 5th KHL season now isn't really doing anything for me

Notable D+4 comparisons in the reg season and play offs

Panarin: 40 points in 51 GP (0.78), 0 points in 4 GP
Kuznetsov: 21 points in 31 GP (0.67), no play offs
Kaprizov: 51 points in 57 GP (0.89), 14 points in 19 GP (0.74)
Kravtsov: 13 points in 19 GP (0.68), 4 points in 7 GP (0.57)

Make of that what you will. Sample sizes aren't great with him joining the KHL late this season and them only being in round 2 so far but he's at least putting up points. Teams aren't willing to trade for him now so who knows what the next step is. He would be an intriguing addition late.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
literally what is the mechanic of him getting to the united states given world conditions
Internal flight to somwhere close to the border, train/drive to an internatinal airport abroad.

Eg 3hrs flight to St Petersburg, 3hrs on a choochoo to Helsinki, straight flight to the NYC.

Could do it in one day if he wanted to. From Lake Geneva to the Finland Station.. ahem sorry.

Reactions: LokiDog

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Internal flight to somwhere close to the border, train/drive to an internatinal airport abroad.

Eg 3hrs flight to St Petersburg, 3hrs on a choochoo to Helsinki, straight flight to the NYC.

Could do it in one day if he wanted to. From Lake Geneva to the Finland Station.. ahem sorry.
Or just flights via Dubai, Doha or Istanbul.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Or just flights via Dubai, Doha or Istanbul.
That still depends on the availability of an international flight from Russia.. Those might be available now, but who knows.

And he'd have to fly to Moscow/StP first anyway.. It's Russia - as opposed to US/Europe where one can expect a straight flight from one large metro area to another...

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Some of the expectations in this thread are amazing. In a bad way. A very, very bad way. Kravtsov as a first line center, Kravtsov as an impact player, Kravtsov getting a f***ing sniff of ice time in the POs, Kravtsov even playing a single game at the Garden this year, and on and on. The only value Kravtsov has to this franchise is returning a 2d round pick if we're lucky. That's reality.

What I want is for him to dominate the KHL, return to the organization and earn the trust of management and the coaching staff and become a huge contributor to the Rangers as they contend for the next decade. The chances of that happening are so low that it's pure fantasy.

Well enough daydreaming, let's deal with reality, get a second for the f***er and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad