Tribute Vitali Kravtsov <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Nesterov comes off as a clown himself with this tbh
Yeah, honestly I get his point about the clause being in there being a poor idea, but insulting the what, 21 year old, for exercising the clause, most likely on the advice of his agent, is a bit petty.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
Had a horrible dream about VK a few days ago. Dremt that we traded him to PHI for future considerations, waking up scared af, running to the computer in the middle of the night and checking this place.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't really have an opinion on Nesterov's comments, but it's worth noting the his EAC isn't even the reason he's in the KHL this year--he had no EAC to utilize, he just bailed. He's playing in the KHL because the Rangers decided that rather than having him sit and rot, it would be best to let him play in the KHL.

Now, his first year, sure. We likely wouldn't be here had Kravtsov sucked it up and played the year in the AHL until making the jump to the NHL.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Yeah, honestly I get his point about the clause being in there being a poor idea, but insulting the what, 21 year old, for exercising the clause, most likely on the advice of his agent, is a bit petty.
I see it a bit differently.
For me he's essentially slagging others off for wanting to make it in the most competitive league in the world. While himself being happy to cash-in on the taxpayer/state corp money on one of the KHL's privileged boys roster.
In other words, bit rich pointing out something in what VK (or anyone) does while doing what he himself does.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I blame his agent the most. His agent did a shit job and basically screwed his client by not convincing him to stay.

A good agent would have made him see the light and say just play in the ahl. Look at their roster, u will definitely be called up quickly. Their will be injuries, and u are basically the first callup option.

Its like everybody but krav and his agent could see that krav would be a quick callup.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I blame his agent the most. His agent did a shit job and basically screwed his client by not convincing him to stay.

A good agent would have made him see the light and say just play in the ahl. Look at their roster, u will definitely be called up quickly. Their will be injuries, and u are basically the first callup option.

Its like everybody but krav and his agent could see that krav would be a quick callup.
Millstein reps him

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Ducks fly together.

Edit: Wrong thread. VK flies alone.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I see it a bit differently.
For me he's essentially slagging others off for wanting to make it in the most competitive league in the world. While himself being happy to cash-in on the taxpayer/state corp money on one of the KHL's privileged boys roster.
In other words, bit rich pointing out something in what VK (or anyone) does while doing what he himself does.
I can see that too. He's being petty and somewhat hypocritical. There's no mutual exclusivity. Hahaha.

Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
In a away of casually chatting sensasionalist shit on a blogger channel.
While sitting pretty with a state controlled and lavishly financed "super" club.

It's not sensationalist and ALL clubs are state controlled.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Imagine if Drury traded anything of value for a Russian prospect (1) who bailed on North America for the KHL twice, (2) during a war with Russia, and (3) who isn’t exactly lighting it up overseas. This place would lose its mind. The truth is Kravtsov doesn’t hold a lot of value right now. I’d rather they hang on to him instead of trying to cut their losses.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Imagine if Drury traded anything of value for a Russian prospect (1) who bailed on North America for the KHL twice, (2) during a war with Russia, and (3) who isn’t exactly lighting it up overseas. This place would lose its mind. The truth is Kravtsov doesn’t hold a lot of value right now. I’d rather they hang on to him instead of trying to cut their losses.
You come to the right conclusion but he is lighting it up and playing excellent.

Reactions: pld459666

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

What's interesting is that in the off-season, he fired his agent, Paul Theofanous. Theofanous is notable for representing high-profile Russian players--currently including Panarin, Bobrovsky, Kaprizov, and Varlamov. Theofanous is also tight with Sather, which you can imagine for someone unhappy with the organization, might not be ideal.

And then he switched to Dan Milstein, who represents, I don't know, half of the Russian players in the NHL? Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, Zaitsev, Sorokin, Zadorov, Barbashev, Sharangovich, etc. Milstein was the agent who came out and condemned the "harassment" his Russian players were receiving, recently.

Anyway, I would guess he switched agents specifically because he had an eye on bolting if he didn't make the team and wanted someone who would support the decision--and Milstein was probably on board whereas maybe Theofanous wasn't. Who knows.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
enough trashing and speculating, what about games?

seems their next round begins Thursday
1647364813099.png

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
What's interesting is that in the off-season, he fired his agent, Paul Theofanous. Theofanous is notable for representing high-profile Russian players--currently including Panarin, Bobrovsky, Kaprizov, and Varlamov. Theofanous is also tight with Sather, which you can imagine for someone unhappy with the organization, might not be ideal.

And then he switched to Dan Milstein, who represents, I don't know, half of the Russian players in the NHL? Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, Zaitsev, Sorokin, Zadorov, Barbashev, Sharangovich, etc. Milstein was the agent who came out and condemned the "harassment" his Russian players were receiving, recently.

Anyway, I would guess he switched agents specifically because he had an eye on bolting if he didn't make the team and wanted someone who would support the decision--and Milstein was probably on board whereas maybe Theofanous wasn't. Who knows.

Interesting take and good analysis. Thank you.

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Nikita Nesterov who's these days making his living with CSKA in the KHL called Kravtsov "a clown" for taking advantage of the "KHL clause" in the middle of the season, when he was invited to be a guess on a hockey podcast. He said he doesn't understand why young players have it in their contracts - said it's de-incentivize these players from making an honest strong effort to become an NHLer. Nesterov originally is from Chelyabinsk.

Middle of the season?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
What is the status here? Will this guy ever be a Ranger? Will he ever play in the AHL? Will we ever trade him? So far it has been another wasted pick like Lias.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
What is the status here? Will this guy ever be a Ranger? Will he ever play in the AHL? Will we ever trade him? So far it has been another wasted pick like Lias.
Both sides have said they’re open to reconciliation, both their last statements publicly, Vitali went as far as to say his dream is still to play for the New York Rangers; and from what insiders (including Edge) have said. Edge did say if he were to bet on it he’d lean toward him being traded but he said there is certainly a chance of reconciliation. I’ll add the latest statements to OP so we can drop that topic until further news comes out. As it stands he is a Ranger and let’s hope he does well! Whether it’s to pump his trade value or to make his triumphant return and put the team on his back as he leads us to the promise land.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Both sides have said they’re open to reconciliation, both their last statements publicly, Vitali went as far as to say his dream is still to play for the New York Rangers; and from what insiders (including Edge) have said. Edge did say if he were to bet on it he’d lean toward him being traded but he said there is certainly a chance of reconciliation. I’ll add the latest statements to OP so we can drop that topic until further news comes out. As it stands he is a Ranger and let’s hope he does well! Whether it’s to pump his trade value or to make his triumphant return and put the team on his back as he leads us to the promise land.
I wish he would just come back when able. Go to the AHL. Create some excitement for your skills whether in NY or elsewhere.

Reactions: egelband and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Will Cuylle says hi ;)
But yes unfortunately could be another bust like Lias if the team/coach and him don't make good on trying to make it work. I hope i'm wrong but I just don't see how in the middle of a playoff push/run they would welcome him back with open arms. Again hope I'm wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA