Tribute Vitali Kravtsov <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Will Cuylle says hi ;)
But yes unfortunately could be another bust like Lias if the team/coach and him don't make good on trying to make it work. I hope i'm wrong but I just don't see how in the middle of a playoff push/run they would welcome him back with open arms. Again hope I'm wrong!
They won't.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Will Cuylle says hi ;)
But yes unfortunately could be another bust like Lias if the team/coach and him don't make good on trying to make it work. I hope i'm wrong but I just don't see how in the middle of a playoff push/run they would welcome him back with open arms. Again hope I'm wrong!
I'd 100% welcome him to the AHL. Kids are young and dumb. If he was willing to do what is right I would not hold his past against him.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He was scoreless in 14:43 today, -1 with 1 SOG. Traktor lost 1-0 to Salavat.

For context: Salavat is a MUCH better team than Neftekhimik. Not surprised Traktor lost game 1. I always expected round 2 to be the end for Traktor unless they can find a new gear. Very much like the Rangers in 2012 in a way. A 1-line team in most facets.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Imagine if Drury traded anything of value for a Russian prospect (1) who bailed on North America for the KHL twice, (2) during a war with Russia, and (3) who isn’t exactly lighting it up overseas. This place would lose its mind. The truth is Kravtsov doesn’t hold a lot of value right now. I’d rather they hang on to him instead of trying to cut their losses.
Yeah. I can’t see anyone trading for him now, unless Drury is basically giving him away. I don’t imagine he’d do that though. So it seems, as far as this year is concerned, VK’s only NA choice is the Rangers. He’d have to be really motivated to come to the US, though. I don’t see it. It would be weird if all of a sudden he’s banging on the door of the NHL. Doesn’t seem like his M-O.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
At this point IF he comes back it's going to be duja vu all over again bc with vatrano here now and kakko eventually coming back kravtsov is going to be looking at a 3rd line assignment at best. Shades of him being used on the 4th line in previous years. It's all hindsight but he really missed the window to have a tremendous opportunity in the top 6 of a high powered NHL offense that could have been an incredible opportunity to establish himself as an NHLer

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
At this point IF he comes back it's going to be duja vu all over again bc with vatrano here now and kakko eventually coming back kravtsov is going to be looking at a 3rd line assignment at best. Shades of him being used on the 4th line in previous years. It's all hindsight but he really missed the window to have a tremendous opportunity in the top 6 of a high powered NHL offense that could have been an incredible opportunity to establish himself as an NHLer
I’d say it’s a fairly tragic mid-calculation on Kravtsov’s part but i also don’t think he really cares. He doesn’t seem to be laser-focused on playing in the NHL. It happens. Different strokes for different folks.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I’d say it’s a fairly tragic mid-calculation on Kravtsov’s part but i also don’t think he really cares. He doesn’t seem to be laser-focused on playing in the NHL. It happens. Different strokes for different folks.
Agreed, it is just sad to see bc I do believe this guy can be an effective top 6 player in the nhl if he has the will. I'm skeptical it will happen but I still am holding out hope.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers brought in Vatrano as a middle 6 winger and there’s a very good chance they’ll bring in another forward. Best thing is being on the team for at least most of the year. Your coaches know you—have a good idea of what roles to put you in. Next best thing is the GM liking you enough to trade for you. Having an NHL track record goes a long way this time of year. Just does and Kravtsov doesn’t have that. He’s also not a good fit for the bottom 6. He’s a bit soft and not a grinder. He doesn’t kill penalties. Playoffs are much about attrition and teams that go any distance will depend on those depth players to bang bodies and do those unheralded jobs that help win tight scoring and hard hitting and grit filled games.

If Kravtsov wanted to come over that’s fine but I’d expect he‘d be with the black aces watching from the stands.

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
I hope I am wrong but this kid is as disillusional as pution about his greatness..

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I hope I am wrong but this kid is as disillusional as pution about his greatness..

It's undeniable that the guy has game breaking upside, but because he's been unwilling to put his head down and work on improving his weak areas his game has hardly progressed in the last 3 years. The fact that he's putting up just decent numbers in like his 5th KHL season now isn't really doing anything for me

Reactions: haveandare

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
It's undeniable that the guy has game breaking upside, but because he's been unwilling to put his head down and work on improving his weak areas his game has hardly progressed in the last 3 years. The fact that he's putting up just decent numbers in like his 5th KHL season now isn't really doing anything for me
Are you very familiar with KHL stats? It's much lower scoring than the NHL and his numbers are in line with other stars. And what weak areas of his game? He is excellent defensively, forechecks hard, backchecks like a maniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad