Visiting Minnesota? Everything you need to know here!

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I've never had a juicy lucy. Just does not strike me as something that I would enjoy. I've tried a lot of "cheese baked into the XXXX" products and the only one that's ever been any good is stuffed crust pizza. everything else ends up tasting terrible to me.

A Jucy's a different beast. It's not cheese baked into the middle of something. It melts into the meat, liquifies, and mixes with its juices so the burger literally has a molten cheese core.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I finally had a Matt's Jucy and I have to say I prefer the Nook (and Shamrock's) versions a little bit better.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
This thread might inspire me to make my own homemade Jucy Lucys. Anyone have tips?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Hit YouTube and Google

Make two smaller patties then press them together with the cheese inside.

Use soft cheese, which melts and turns gooey.

Seal the patties really well, you don't want air leaks.

I've heard good things about poking a hole in the top after you flip.

They're pretty easy though.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
This thread might inspire me to make my own homemade Jucy Lucys. Anyone have tips?

Until you find a cheese that works.... Velveeta. Seriously. (I prefer Pepper Jack Velveeta).

As far as making it, make two smaller patties that are fairly flat with as large as a diameter as you can get without compromising the actual patty. Cut up your cheese and place on one patty, leaving a little room on the edges. Put the other patty over the top and pinch the edges together all the way around so that you now have one burger.

At this point, I prefer to continue to play with the burger to get it merge better. With the patty flat on your board, open your hand and press the patty towards your palm. Continue to do so while spinning the patty around. This will end up making the patty fairly thick, so squish the patty back down to flatten a tad.

Like any burger once it's on the grill, minimize flipping. Should only need to be flipped once, twice at the most.

Cluttered

Jul 16, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
Hi everyone! I'm a future Twin Cities visitor, and I'm looking for some guidance. This is a fascinating topic, but after skimming the board I'm not finding exactly the kind of information a traveler such as myself will need.
To put my grand adventure quite simply, I'm backpacking across North America this fall/winter to visit every NHL stadium (And if I'm lucky, see more than a handful of Wild games all across the map!). I've already quit my job in advance and rented out my apartment to a new tenant, so I have no excuses not to go. I'm looking for fellow couchsurfers who are also hockey fans and might have a sofa available for me to crash on, (Or cheap hostels in safe neighborhoods), tips on places to eat and drink and see good live music for cheap, and amazing cultural hidden gems for me to explore! I'm also looking for advice on finding areas in each city that are artsy/sustainable/veg friendly/queer friendly/with good public transport. This goes for St.Paul as well as every other city that has an NHL arena and Wild fans! If anyone has some advice, or has a friend who is on couchsurfing and wants to help a fellow hockey addict out, or grab a beer and watch the beautiful game, let me know~!

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Hah! Remember when I said I might do that thing? Yeah, I never did that thing.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone! I'm a future Twin Cities visitor, and I'm looking for some guidance. This is a fascinating topic, but after skimming the board I'm not finding exactly the kind of information a traveler such as myself will need.
To put my grand adventure quite simply, I'm backpacking across North America this fall/winter to visit every NHL stadium (And if I'm lucky, see more than a handful of Wild games all across the map!). I've already quit my job in advance and rented out my apartment to a new tenant, so I have no excuses not to go. I'm looking for fellow couchsurfers who are also hockey fans and might have a sofa available for me to crash on, (Or cheap hostels in safe neighborhoods), tips on places to eat and drink and see good live music for cheap, and amazing cultural hidden gems for me to explore! I'm also looking for advice on finding areas in each city that are artsy/sustainable/veg friendly/queer friendly/with good public transport. This goes for St.Paul as well as every other city that has an NHL arena and Wild fans! If anyone has some advice, or has a friend who is on couchsurfing and wants to help a fellow hockey addict out, or grab a beer and watch the beautiful game, let me know~!

I'm moving back home after years in exile in September, you are more than welcome to crash at my place, if you time it right could actually hit up a game...but I won't know what tickets I get until they send them out to my season ticket group.

I still need to explore most of the Cities myself to be honest, since my family is from the Range so I know more about the stuff up there than the Twin Cities area, but have plenty of friends and stuff to help out.

"Vegetarian stuff" - not really my thing but I'm sure I can find out. If it was Detroit, I could tell you 3598902302 places. So if you are going there let me know, my cousin knows EVERY thing about that, so if that's on the tour, I should be able to at least help you out with that.

"Artsy" - I really like the Walker Modern Art Museum and Sculpture Garden. Then again there is tons of stuff in that genre in the cities.

"Queer friendly" - I know there was an article saying Minneapolis was about to pass San Fran in that department, so that shouldn't be hard. I know my buddy who interns at the U has gone out with a few of his gay friends to different bars and pubs and knows some decent places.

"Public Transport" - No idea. I'm outside of the cities specifically so I can drive my truck around. haha

However, in return, if I ever get up to Sask we need to go to a Blades game, though Moose Jaw is who I really want to see. I've got friends in almost every major Canadian province except Sask and Manitoba. I was planning on a Canadian trip this year, but I think I'm going to put it off till next season, getting partial Wild season tickets and moving took precedence.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Hey guys, the lady and I are headed up on Friday the 10th and we're hoping to immediately hit the twins game. Lady is a native that migrated south to Florida with me, mom is still up there... but they don't know about club seating. I'm a huge Rays fan (go figure) and was thinking of doing the all inclusive club seating like we would call "PNC Bank Club" tickets at Lightning games or "Whitney Bank Club" tickets at Rays games - you know, buffet, beer until I can't see straight, try to restrain my girlfriend from throwing herself at Joe Mauer.

Any tips on what sections those are and approximate price?

Can't wait to shove one of those glorious mounds of meat and cheese in my face!

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I believe it's called the "Delta Legends Club" or something along those lines and I think they're the sections that are just single letters (i.e., "section A") rather than numbers.

It doesn't look like those are listed on the ticket pricing grid, so they might be season tickets only. You could probably get them secondhand, though.

Elverpond

Sep 21, 2011
just moved to minneapolis and im looking forward to the season what's the easiest way to get from downtown minneapolis to the x if i dont have a car?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad