Los Angeles, CA
From the Guest Services page on the Staples website:

Specifically, the use of the following equipment is not permitted:

* Lenses greater than three-and-one-half inches in length
* Telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind
* Interchangeable lenses of any kind
* Monopods or tripods
* Flash equipment of any kind

Now... this also assumes that you find a doorman who knows what to be looking for, so you can always try a different door. You can't hide the camera though - metal detectors.

proxomat

Jun 28, 2011
Europe

* Monopods or tripods

Now... this also assumes that you find a doorman who knows what to be looking for, so you can always try a different door. You can't hide the camera though - metal detectors.

ok, thanks!
Shame, but i will use my mobil phone cam.
I'd rather have no trouble.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
So I am heading to LA November 25-29 and plan to hit the Kings/Hawks at Staples Centre. I realize Ticketmaster still has tickets, but sometimes you can find deals on StubHub. What is the view like from Section 210? There's a pair for below face value, is it worth it or should I look for other sections?

lak4ever

Nov 21, 2008
Valley Girl
So I am heading to LA November 25-29 and plan to hit the Kings/Hawks at Staples Centre. I realize Ticketmaster still has tickets, but sometimes you can find deals on StubHub. What is the view like from Section 210? There's a pair for below face value, is it worth it or should I look for other sections?

Great view from those seats.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Wikipedia says there is a Team LA Store at Universal City Walk. The Staples Center contradicts this. So is there actually one? I'm going to Staples Center anyway, but I figured the one at Universal City Walk might be less busy than before a Kings game.

maz-23-

May 25, 2004
Nuremberg, Germany
Wikipedia says there is a Team LA Store at Universal City Walk. The Staples Center contradicts this. So is there actually one? I'm going to Staples Center anyway, but I figured the one at Universal City Walk might be less busy than before a Kings game.

and its just 15$ parking ;)

I would just park somewhere between 9th and Olympic its usually 5$ to 8$ and go to the Team LA Store at Staples Center during the day.

Last edited:

hlrsr

Sep 16, 2006
Where to stay in LA!

Hey hey from Vancouver, Kings fans!

I'm planning a little road trip down to California at the end of December to watch the Canucks play all you crazy teams down there (I'm sure there will be a lot of us!) and I need some advice/recommendations for our LA section. We'll be in LA from the 29th to the 1st.

So.. I see that the LA area is rather large and dense. Any recommendations on which area to stay in, keeping in mind we need to be in Anaheim on the night of the 29th and at Staples Center on NYE? We were thinking of just staying downtown, but we've heard downtown isn't very special. Ideally we want to go out to some cool places, get messed up, and not have a long commute back to the hotel.

Lastly, any suggestions on something to do for New Years after the hockey game?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
There is a sticky thread above with all kinds of suggestions of what to do around town, we get these questions often.

Hotels vary greatly, but the area immediately around Staples is nice.

Or, stay in Anaheim (TONS of hotels), especially if you want to hit Disneyland. They have good deals in the Winter, usually.

hlrsr

Sep 16, 2006
Oops! Missed that. :innocent: Mod please merge if you like.

We won't really have much time to do proper sight-seeing and, well, any daytime stuff really. Mostly I'm looking for areas with cool bars to check out in the evening.

I know that hotels vary greatly and I'm not really looking for a specific hotel suggestion, more a good area in which to find a hotel in. On hotels though, right now for downtown area we're thinking O Hotel, Westin, or Kyoto Grand.. unless we really want to save money and stay at a Ramada or something. But that's only for downtown.

Captain Mittens*

You can say "in LA" anywhere. We are huge on Free Speech here.

If I had to pick one spot, it would be standing on the corner of Florence and Normandy.

Kingurentai

Jul 19, 2010
Southbay area. Right between LA and OC. I don't know your budget but I suggest Manhattan or Hermosa Beach.

Or split it between
Newport Coast/Irvine area (for Anaheim)
Manhattan Beach/Hermosa Beach (for LA)

Might as well stay along the coast. Not much beauty inland unless you end up in the mountains or desert (too far).

*Go to google maps and google images to get a sense of the area location and scenery

bral

Go Kings!
Nov 30, 2004
Corona,CA
Taking the GF out next weekend for her Bday. Was looking to take her to a nice steak and/or sushi dinner. So far the leading options are Mastro's in OC and Nozawa in LA. Nozawa sounds very interesting, but we like to drink and have a good time so not sure if that's the best option if they rush you. Any advice or recomendations would be cool. thx. go kings.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
So I'll be in LA next week, hitting the Kings game on Saturday against the Hawks. I'm curious how does the TEAM LA store work? It mentions that it closes 2 and half hours before game time, does this mean that you can only get into it from inside Staples or does it mean no merchandise is available closer to game time? In planning my whirlwind tour of LA, I noticed that the LA Auto Show is on and if I can hit the TEAM LA store before faceoff from inside Staples, I can hit the Auto Show without carrying around a bag.

Also, completely unrelated to LA Kings/Staples Centre. On Monday the 28th I have a ticket to see The Tonight Show and it tapes at 4 PM, so I assume it would be over by 5ish. Shaq is signing his book at Vroman's Book Store in Pasadena and I need to be there by 6:30. I am nuts thinking I can go from NBC Studios in Burbank to Vroman's in Pasadena in that time span?

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon

* Monopods or tripods

Does this mean that you can bring a digital camera that allows for the flash to be shut off? I have a cheap point and shoot and I believe I can turn the flash off. Is this permitted? I'd love to get a few pictures inside Staples Centre if possible.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Does this mean that you can bring a digital camera that allows for the flash to be shut off? I have a cheap point and shoot and I believe I can turn the flash off. Is this permitted? I'd love to get a few pictures inside Staples Centre if possible.

I have never had a problem with a point and shoot. If you have a removable

TrevorK

Aug 1, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I am going to be in Santa Monica for a week at Christmas and was hoping to take in the Kings game on Dec 26th.

What's the best way to buy tickets and not worry about getting fake ones (maybe my city is the only one that happens in?)? Stub hub? Or should I stick to the box office?

What's the best way to get to and from the game from Santa Monica?

And are there any areas around Staples Centre I shouldn't walk around after the game?

Thanks!

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
I am going to be in Santa Monica for a week at Christmas and was hoping to take in the Kings game on Dec 26th.

What's the best way to buy tickets and not worry about getting fake ones (maybe my city is the only one that happens in?)? Stub hub? Or should I stick to the box office?

Thanks!

Take the 10 east all the way to downtown.

So I'll be in LA next week, hitting the Kings game on Saturday against the Hawks. I'm curious how does the TEAM LA store work? It mentions that it closes 2 and half hours before game time, does this mean that you can only get into it from inside Staples or does it mean no merchandise is available closer to game time? In planning my whirlwind tour of LA, I noticed that the LA Auto Show is on and if I can hit the TEAM LA store before faceoff from inside Staples, I can hit the Auto Show without carrying around a bag.

Also, completely unrelated to LA Kings/Staples Centre. On Monday the 28th I have a ticket to see The Tonight Show and it tapes at 4 PM, so I assume it would be over by 5ish. Shaq is signing his book at Vroman's Book Store in Pasadena and I need to be there by 6:30. I am nuts thinking I can go from NBC Studios in Burbank to Vroman's in Pasadena in that time span?

1) Team LA closes to outside traffic 2 1/2 hours before the game but is accessible from inside Staples once the doors open I believe. I believe doors open 1 1/2 or 2 hours before the game.

2) It shouldn't take you more than an hour to get from Burbank to Pasadena. I wouldn't be surprised if traffic is pretty light that day as it is a Monday and after a holiday weekend. If you have a person you can ride the carpool lane. Not sure if there is one on the 134 or not??

And are there any areas around Staples Centre I shouldn't walk around after the game?

Thanks!

Stub Hub or eBay for tickets. You can check out some of the scalper sites like Barry's tickets. Sometimes they have good deals too.

10 freeway should be good as it is a Monday after a holiday.

The area around Staples is fine. If you go a mile or two east/west you get into some dicey areas if you were walking but you'd have no reason to walk in that direction that far. If you go north from Staples on Figueroa, Flower or Hope, you'll find a lot of nice restaurants and cool bars to check out. Just go on yelp if you are looking for something like that. There is always LA live too.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
1) Team LA closes to outside traffic 2 1/2 hours before the game but is accessible from inside Staples once the doors open I believe. I believe doors open 1 1/2 or 2 hours before the game.

2) It shouldn't take you more than an hour to get from Burbank to Pasadena. I wouldn't be surprised if traffic is pretty light that day as it is a Monday and after a holiday weekend. If you have a person you can ride the carpool lane. Not sure if there is one on the 134 or not??

Good, glad I don't have to worry about lugging bags around. I think it would be cool to check out the LA Auto Show. I'm also glad that I can make it no problem between the two. Of course the HOV lanes aren't an option for me since it is simply just me that will be in LA.

I read that ESPN broadcasts the 11 PM Pacific Sportscenter from the ESPN Zone at LA Live. Is it open to the public? Meaning can I sit and watch them broadcast it live (i.e. not on TV but in person)?

Does the TEAM LA store sell Ontario Reign gear? I won't be able to hit a game at the CBB Arena, but would be cool to get a hat or t-shirt (yes I know I can order it online, but that isn't the point).

Elias For President

Nov 21, 2011
Are there any cheap places to eat in the Staples/LA Live area? From what I have seen of the menus in LA Live, the prices are out of sight although I am tempted to try the games in the ESPNZone.

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
Are there any cheap places to eat in the Staples/LA Live area? From what I have seen of the menus in LA Live, the prices are out of sight although I am tempted to try the games in the ESPNZone.

Not really. But if you're willing to walk a block or two, you'll have a lot more choices.
My friends and I ended up here before a game last season. Decent food & prices - 2 blocks from Staples:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/panini-cafe-los-angeles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad