Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
We are planning on attending the Grand Prix this weekend. Any suggestions? Maybe a good brewery? Local favorite place to eat? anything a first time visiter to Nashville should know or do?
Thanks in advance

was going to make the trip from Utah but had some last minute plans get in the way .

will be cheering on Scott Dixon and Pato from home .

go to bills sandwich palace and princes hot chicken

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
was going to make the trip from Utah but had some last minute plans get in the way .

will be cheering on Scott Dixon and Pato from home .

go to bills sandwich palace and princes hot chicken
Thanks for the tips. Not of fan of Ganassi like you. More a fan of Herta & Josef.

Reactions: hockey diva

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Thanks for the tips. Not of fan of Ganassi like you. More a fan of Herta & Josef.

If you like breweries there is one downtown that's like kind of a combo brewery/moonshine place. Great thing is they have a Prince's hot chicken food truck on site. It's called Ole Smoky / Yee Haw and should be walkable depending on where you're at downtown. It's next to Music City Center. If you want some good BBQ then Martin's BBQ is near there as well.

There are of course lots of other breweries in Nashville. Just mentioning the above based on the previous post referencing Prince's.

Last edited:

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Grew up in Knoxville and moved out to Chicago for work/school three years ago and now finally making my way back to TN, Nashville of all places. Happy to have a group of weirdos on this website who are so friendly :)

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Question. Are there any bike shops in the area or even groups that host casual rides or events/meetups? (Not looking for competitive cycling)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Question. Are there any bike shops in the area or even groups that host casual rides or events/meetups? (Not looking for competitive cycling)
I am not a cyclist (and is anyone surprised by that? No, they are not) but my sister rides casually and I know she gets her stuff around here somewhere. So there's "a" bike shop in Donelson, Hermitage or Mt. Juliet. My coworker is a bike fanatic so I can ask him, too. But you wouldn't want to ride with him, he isn't the "casual" type. He does day long trips and stuff.

You're going to love the greenway system!

Reactions: valeriammm

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
We are planning on attending the Grand Prix this weekend. Any suggestions? Maybe a good brewery? Local favorite place to eat? anything a first time visiter to Nashville should know or do?
Thanks in advance

Hi,
We'll need a follow-up from you if we're to make improvements before next year's race. Feel free to share your experiences, both bad and good.
Regards,
Marty Party

Eric Raetzloff

Jul 23, 2021
Blues fan here, was in the midst of planning a trip down for the Mar. 12th game and had 9 tickets lined up. As my order was finalizing I received the "locals only" allowed. Is there a limit to the amount of tickets at one time or am I just shit of out luck and will need to use the secondary market?

Reactions: LCPreds

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Blues fan here, was in the midst of planning a trip down for the Mar. 12th game and had 9 tickets lined up. As my order was finalizing I received the "locals only" allowed. Is there a limit to the amount of tickets at one time or am I just shit of out luck and will need to use the secondary market?
Unfortunately, probably so. If it's a "gold game" and St. Louis no doubt will be, they have a lot of extra restrictions. Sorry, you can blame the Blackhawks fans for this, though I think it's high time to remove all those restrictions even to them.

You might call the ticket office and talk to someone directly. (615) 770-2040 or email [email protected]

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

I hope you're able to find tickets. I try to travel for at least a couple of games a year so understand how this is frustrating. We really enjoyed our time in STL a few years back (even though we lost!). Hopefully Adz's suggestion will work out for you.

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Anyone know if theres going to be any cool pregame stuff downtown today for the home opener?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Anyone know if theres going to be any cool pregame stuff downtown today for the home opener?
They've been having things going on out on the front plaza for the preseason games but I haven't heard if they'll be doing gold carpet and such.

Jul 12, 2007
Prince's hot Chicken is the best..
400 Degrees is really good too. The lady who owns it is a true entrepreneur, started from scratch, new idea.
She does a bright red coating of cayenne, pan fried, several different levels of hot. 100-200-300-400, lol.
Princes is the hottest I’ve had, just rough. But it looks like plain old KFC …. No indicator of hotness, until you start chowing down on it.
Haven’t had the Hattie B’s hot yet.

Last edited:

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help with something I’m curious about. Planning a trip in the winter after Christmas to come down and watch a few games. I’ve seen on the broadcasts that they use the “clear” app for vaccine screening. Was just curious if anyone knows how they deal with scanning vaccine records from different countries?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help with something I’m curious about. Planning a trip in the winter after Christmas to come down and watch a few games. I’ve seen on the broadcasts that they use the “clear” app for vaccine screening. Was just curious if anyone knows how they deal with scanning vaccine records from different countries?
You don't "have" to use the Clear App. You can just bring your vaccine record (screen shot is fine) and a driver's license. I doubt it will matter where it's from as long as the names agree. But if you still have questions, use this to contact the Preds directly. Contact Us

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
You don't "have" to use the Clear App. You can just bring your vaccine record (screen shot is fine) and a driver's license. I doubt it will matter where it's from as long as the names agree. But if you still have questions, use this to contact the Preds directly. Contact Us
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification!

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
Did I miss the memo? You can't park for free in the stadium lot at the base of the bridge anymore? Big ass Permit Only sign there, that stinks!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Did I miss the memo? You can't park for free in the stadium lot at the base of the bridge anymore? Big ass Permit Only sign there, that stinks!
I read the other day that some people parked there free but it was a different section than before. Don't remember anything more about it but they said lots of Preds regalia on cars in that spot.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I don’t suppose anyone has a contact number for the Hilton / Walk of Fame parking garage? Parked there for today’s game and someone parked in the driving lane behind me so i can’t back out.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
When I drove by the stadium today going to the Preds game I saw Nissan stadium was charging $50 parking!

Is that normal for football games? That's nuts if it is! I hope the Preds game there will have some deals and not be that much!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
When I drove by the stadium today going to the Preds game I saw Nissan stadium was charging $50 parking!

Is that normal for football games? That's nuts if it is! I hope the Preds game there will have some deals and not be that much!
I've never been to a football game there but I've been to soccer games. I think it was $15, certainly no more.
This is the TSU homecoming weekend and TSU plays at Nissan--could have been jacked up for that. Hope it included a concert or something, that's just crazy.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I don’t suppose anyone has a contact number for the Hilton / Walk of Fame parking garage? Parked there for today’s game and someone parked in the driving lane behind me so i can’t back out.

Ouch how did this end up working out?

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Ouch how did this end up working out?
Well after trying several numbers to call, the people parked next to me showed up and left. That gave me enough room to maneuver that I could get out. Before that, with cars on either side of me I couldn’t turn sharply enough to get out. Whole thing wasted about twenty minutes. And the guy parked behind me is lucky I wasn’t in an old beater or I would have been sorely tempted to just shove his truck out of the way. Especially because the people legally parked on the other side of him left, so there were empty spaces behind him.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Can you still park at Nissan Stadium and take a shuttle to Bridgestone? Debating going to the game tomorrow night so I can see the Bruins again. Like to see Bergeron play in person one more time in case he calls it quits after this season. :laugh:....:(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad