OT: Visiting Chicago 2 - All Pizza, All the Time

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Yeah, looks like it must be the Penthouse level in the corner

2015-16_RENTAL-SUITE-MAP.jpg

Very cool! I've never sat in an suite anywhere, but my brother was in a lower level club a couple of seasons ago, was his GF's dad's company.

Have fun!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Very cool! I've never sat in an suite anywhere, but my brother was in a lower level club a couple of seasons ago, was his GF's dad's company.

Have fun!

Yeah, I'd love to sit in a suite at some point. My brother sat in one with Bobby Hull and Savard and watched a game last year... the ass.

Looks like he'll have a cool experience, though, way up in the penthouse suites.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
My uncle used to get them for a Wings game every year in the 90's after Christmas from his company.

Then they stopped and I was relegated to the 300 level, haha.

Mr Pipe

Mar 1, 2008

Have fun!

Yeah, I saw that chart but there are two 56 sections. I'll assume the P is for penthouse. Very cool. Thank you.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I would expect premium pricing for the STL and PIT games, and not so much for the NYI. I'd expect easily $100+ per ticket for the first two games, and anywhere from $50-100 for the NYI game.

Is there a ticket exchange thread on here? The fees etc from the websites are pushing the trip into unaffordable. Nearly $100 for 3 tickets is a joke.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hi could you help me where can I found a quality tattoo shop to get my indian head tattoo in Chicago?:help:

Timeless Tattoo is on Harlem and Archer, just east of Harlem, on the north side of Archer in the Garfield Ridge neighborhood. Basically the northeast corner. My friend Matt does some amazing work. We grew up in the same town, and he went to school with my sister. He does all of my work, and my sister's work.

http://www.timelesstattooschicago.com/

http://www.timelesstattooschicago.com/artists/pearl.html

I can't find a picture of my most recent one at the moment, or I'd post it. Apparently it's not on any of the image hosting sites I've used.... even though it was at one time.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Is there a ticket exchange thread on here? The fees etc from the websites are pushing the trip into unaffordable. Nearly $100 for 3 tickets is a joke.

Don't believe so. And... well it's the Hawks. They're the most successful NHL franchise in the last decade, so not sure why you would expect less than that. It's the same reason I haven't been to more than a game or two each season for the past 5 years. It's $400-500 just in tickets to get in the door for me and my family. Expect to pay $100+ per ticket for all premium games. Only time you might find them cheaper is on gameday waiting until the last minute using one of the ticket apps. You'd pay the same with any successful franchise, IMO.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Don't believe so. And... well it's the Hawks. They're the most successful NHL franchise in the last decade, so not sure why you would expect less than that. It's the same reason I haven't been to more than a game or two each season for the past 5 years. It's $400-500 just in tickets to get in the door for me and my family. Expect to pay $100+ per ticket for all premium games. Only time you might find them cheaper is on gameday waiting until the last minute using one of the ticket apps. You'd pay the same with any successful franchise, IMO.

Well actually you don't. I can get tickets to the Habs for $50US no problem. I have no issue with paying $100US, it is the $25 fees per ticket that is making me say **** this trip, hence asking if there would be a way I could give the cash direct to the Hawks fan and sticking the middle finger to rip-off fees.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Well actually you don't. I can get tickets to the Habs for $50US no problem. I have no issue with paying $100US, it is the $25 fees per ticket that is making me say **** this trip, hence asking if there would be a way I could give the cash direct to the Hawks fan and sticking the middle finger to rip-off fees.

Won't get any argument from me. It sucks. :laugh:

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL

Have fun!

My Mom gets box seats/club seats a couple times a season as a "perk" from work.

She never takes me tho - only my dad. lol

I hear it's nice. They have a bar, nice couches and food.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
One thing... my future daughter-in-law sent us Garrett's popcorn in 2015 for Christmas. I knew then that I wanted my son to marry this girl.

For Thanksgiving we ordered a can since they were coming to see us.

Then she sent another can for Christmas... I'm freaking addicted to this stuff.

Going to order a can with Blackhawks on it for my birthday.

HereCometheHawks

O Captain My Captain
Nov 7, 2011
Hey all, attending my first game at the UC on Sunday (closest the Hawks ever get to me is Nashville, but my wife got me tickets). Any suggestions for lodging between the UC and O'hare (we will be taking the train) that are decent but won't break the bank? Also, has anyone had any luck sneaking in a flask or something? Not looking to pay $8/beer :naughty: Thanks in advance!

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Hey all, attending my first game at the UC on Sunday (closest the Hawks ever get to me is Nashville, but my wife got me tickets). Any suggestions for lodging between the UC and O'hare (we will be taking the train) that are decent but won't break the bank? Also, has anyone had any luck sneaking in a flask or something? Not looking to pay $8/beer :naughty: Thanks in advance!

Awesome!

I live in North Bama. Where are you?

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Hey guys... From canada.. Making the trip april 2nd to chicsgo with my buddy to watch his Bruins play as he's a huge Bruins fan.. Any areas around the rink they are decent charge hotels? Also what's a good time to order tickets.. 3 weeks in advance or monrhcadvsnce are tickets hard to come by if wait too long?

Last edited:

Conway96

Mar 28, 2010
Hey everyone,

My wife and I are coming to Chicago in April to see a playoff game. We're die hard Blackhawks fans from Edmonton who've been saving for this trip for a while. We're going to be flying in on April 13 and leaving April 19. What would be the best hotel to stay at that's central to most things that would be worth seeing. Ideally, the closer to the UC the better. I'll be going through this thread in detail the next few weeks writing down your restaurant suggestions.

Also, how would we go about buying tickets? Will Stubhub be our only option?

Thank you in advance!

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Any hotel downtown isn't a bad deal. It is super easy to get to the UC if you want to use the CTA. It is also an easy Uber ride, but I would suggest going sort of early if you are doing that just because traffic will be lighter.

Stubhub, ticket exchange, seatgeek. Try 'em all and find your best deal

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hey everyone,

My wife and I are coming to Chicago in April to see a playoff game. We're die hard Blackhawks fans from Edmonton who've been saving for this trip for a while. We're going to be flying in on April 13 and leaving April 19. What would be the best hotel to stay at that's central to most things that would be worth seeing. Ideally, the closer to the UC the better. I'll be going through this thread in detail the next few weeks writing down your restaurant suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

For a hotel, I recommend using the "Hotel Tonight" app.

I always uber to the game but that is just because it is easy.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Hey everyone,

Thank you in advance!

you don't want to stay close to the UC. Only time you'll be in that area is for the game. Stay downtown in the River North area or on the Magnificent mile, that's where all the tourist action is.

Conway96

Mar 28, 2010
Any hotel downtown isn't a bad deal. It is super easy to get to the UC if you want to use the CTA. It is also an easy Uber ride, but I would suggest going sort of early if you are doing that just because traffic will be lighter.

Stubhub, ticket exchange, seatgeek. Try 'em all and find your best deal

For a hotel, I recommend using the "Hotel Tonight" app.

I always uber to the game but that is just because it is easy.

you don't want to stay close to the UC. Only time you'll be in that area is for the game. Stay downtown in the River North area or on the Magnificent mile, that's where all the tourist action is.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I think we're going to be staying at the Warwick Allerton Hotel on the Magnificent Mile. We're currently looking into tours to book. We're definitely going to book the Pizza Walking Tour, the Crime and Mob Bus Tour, and the Architecture River Cruise. Are there any other "must dos" in Chicago that we should see?

Also, without having to go through hundreds and hundreds of posts, what are your go to pizza places for real deep dish? I've already told my wife that we'll be eating nothing but pizza this trip and she agreed!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Thank you so much for the feedback! I think we're going to be staying at the Warwick Allerton Hotel on the Magnificent Mile. We're currently looking into tours to book. We're definitely going to book the Pizza Walking Tour, the Crime and Mob Bus Tour, and the Architecture River Cruise. Are there any other "must dos" in Chicago that we should see?

Also, without having to go through hundreds and hundreds of posts, what are your go to pizza places for real deep dish? I've already told my wife that we'll be eating nothing but pizza this trip and she agreed!

Pizano's is one of my favorites, and my gf's. It's right off of Madison and Michigan Ave. by Millenium Park. Owned by the Malnati family, of Pizzeria Uno fame. Their thin crust is amazing, but their deep dish is great too. Otherwise, any Lou Malnati's, or you can hit Pequod's in the Lincoln Park area.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad