OT: Visiting Boston? We are here to help.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Fenway @jgatie

Think we're going to grab tickets for the game tonight since the weather turned out to be better than expected. Looking at two different options right now and was wondering if you had any input. There's Sec RB25 Row E for $33 a seat or Sec PB8 Row C for $43 and Sec PB11 Row A for $47. They are all up high, so I am guessing they should all be fine, but wanted to check. Thanks!

I would use the Stub Hub seating guide

Reactions: Cody Webster

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
@Fenway @jgatie

Think we're going to grab tickets for the game tonight since the weather turned out to be better than expected. Looking at two different options right now and was wondering if you had any input. There's Sec RB25 Row E for $33 a seat or Sec PB8 Row C for $43 and Sec PB11 Row A for $47. They are all up high, so I am guessing they should all be fine, but wanted to check. Thanks!

I never thought the Pavilion seats were worth more than Roof Box, personally. I'd jump on a $33 Roof Box and not look back.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Bleed Black and Gold

Dec 16, 2018
Hey folks,
Wasn't sure if this should be posted here or in the ticket thread, but here goes...

I am debating between purchasing Bruins tickets in Loge 10, row 10, or Loge 21, row 5.
I love the idea of being close to the bench in 21, but what is the view like that low? Do the players/coaches get in the way, or is there too much glass to look through, blocking your view of the other end of the ice? I have checked out the 3d seating plan, but its an empty arena view so it doesn't help much.
Any info would be greatly apprectiated!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hey folks,
Wasn't sure if this should be posted here or in the ticket thread, but here goes...

I am debating between purchasing Bruins tickets in Loge 10, row 10, or Loge 21, row 5.
I love the idea of being close to the bench in 21, but what is the view like that low? Do the players/coaches get in the way, or is there too much glass to look through, blocking your view of the other end of the ice? I have checked out the 3d seating plan, but its an empty arena view so it doesn't help much.
Any info would be greatly apprectiated!
I am in section 21. The section is divided in two by the tunnel (where the Bs come out) . Seats 1-10 are to the right of the tunnel (facing the ice) and the rest are to the left. If you are right behind the bench the coaches and guys who work for the Bs will be in your way but the 5th row will probably be OK.

I am in row 2 next to the bench and we cannot see the far corner, but I love the seats as we see and hear so much.

Many years ago, I had a 10- pack in section 10 and they were OK.

Good Luck and see you there!

Bleed Black and Gold

Dec 16, 2018
I am in section 21. The section is divided in two by the tunnel (where the Bs come out) . Seats 1-10 are to the right of the tunnel (facing the ice) and the rest are to the left. If you are right behind the bench the coaches and guys who work for the Bs will be in your way but the 5th row will probably be OK.

I am in row 2 next to the bench and we cannot see the far corner, but I love the seats as we see and hear so much.

Many years ago, I had a 10- pack in section 10 and they were OK.

Good Luck and see you there!
Thanks so much!!
I can't begin to tell you how freaking excited I am to be coming! We already have our tickets for the March 28th game, and now just trying to decide where we want to sit for the game on the 30th.

Reactions: Ladyfan and sooshii

BornBruliever

Aug 18, 2011
Hello,
I have been a long time lurker and have made a few posts over the years. I have tickets to the Winter Classic, am a power wheelchair user, and am looking for information about staying in Boston for a few days. My name is Warren and my nephew and I will be driving down from the Fredericton, New Brunswick area in a modified van. Looking for advice on whether it is better to get a hotel outside of town and drive in or wheelchair cab it in. Advice about decent places to stay and to see while we are there. I was in Boston 20+ years ago, saw an exhibition game at Foxborough vs Washington and a game at Fenway vs the Yankees. Cool experiences both but I have never seen my beloved Bruins in Boston. I’m sure the city has changed a lot since then, so any advice, keeping accessibility in mind, would be appreciated. I am pretty pumped about this!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hello,
I have been a long time lurker and have made a few posts over the years. I have tickets to the Winter Classic, am a power wheelchair user, and am looking for information about staying in Boston for a few days. My name is Warren and my nephew and I will be driving down from the Fredericton, New Brunswick area in a modified van. Looking for advice on whether it is better to get a hotel outside of town and drive in or wheelchair cab it in. Advice about decent places to stay and to see while we are there. I was in Boston 20+ years ago, saw an exhibition game at Foxborough vs Washington and a game at Fenway vs the Yankees. Cool experiences both but I have never seen my beloved Bruins in Boston. I’m sure the city has changed a lot since then, so any advice, keeping accessibility in mind, would be appreciated. I am pretty pumped about this!

glad you got back in.

Reactions: Fenway

J1NX

Oct 9, 2022
If i was to go into boston for some drinks when a game was playing that night. Would ticket prices drop from 3rd party sellers like aceticket / stubhub say an hour before the game. Was curious if anyone has done this before.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I'm not visiting Boston. Just didn't know where to put this. I'm looking to buy a ski cap, toque, knit cap with a Bruins logo of course. But, these caps had a number on them. Like a 37. Anyone know where I can buy one?

TheBT

Mar 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Hey fellow Bruins fans!

I’m heading to the Flyers & Hawks games next week. A couple of questions:

1. I used to go the Fours for pre-game, any recommendations for an alternative?

2. Any recommendations for your fave Irish pub?

Thanks and Go Bruins!!

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Hey fellow Bruins fans!

Thanks and Go Bruins!!
Don't know about an Irish pub, but try these places for a pregame meal and drinks. All take reservations, if you can get them, except Porters. And not sure if Ducali takes reservations on event nights so you'll have to call to ask.

Porters Bar And Grill
A&B Burger
West Side Johnnies
Night Shift Brewing
Ducali Pizzeria & Bar
Ward 8

Reactions: TheBT

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Hey fellow Bruins fans!

Irish Pubs:

Touristy - The Black Rose near Faneuil Hall

Traditional - Eire Pub, Dorchester

Less traditional - The Banshee, Dorchester

The namesake of the pub where the Sons of Liberty overheard plans which helped start the revolution?
The Green Dragon Tavern, near Faneuil Hall

Reactions: TheBT and sooshii

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hey folks coming in a few weeks. Wondering where the most modern area to stay would be? I’m hopeful that there’s one area that stands out above the rest with high rise buildings, modern food/drinks, shopping and hotels. I’ve tried researching on TripAdvisor and it sounds as though the “Boston Crossing” area would be close to what I’m looking for? Although so many recommendations also tell me the back Bay Area is where I should go. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Also could people comment on 3 of the following. Location don’t matter since we’ll gladly Uber around to try these things.

1. Best Pizza
2. Best Sushi
3. Best Lobster Roll

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Hey folks coming in a few weeks. Wondering where the most modern area to stay would be? I’m hopeful that there’s one area that stands out above the rest with high rise buildings, modern food/drinks, shopping and hotels. I’ve tried researching on TripAdvisor and it sounds as though the “Boston Crossing” area would be close to what I’m looking for? Although so many recommendations also tell me the back Bay Area is where I should go. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Seaport is the newest, most modern area.

Also could people comment on 3 of the following. Location don’t matter since we’ll gladly Uber around to try these things.

1. Best Pizza
2. Best Sushi
3. Best Lobster Roll

1. Regina Pizzeria was recently voted best in the USA by the Travel Channel. Go to the original in the North End.
2. My go to lately has been Douzo on Dartmouth.
3. Neptune. Bonus is they serve both types, mayo and butter.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

1. Best Pizza
2. Best Sushi
3. Best Lobster Roll
I concur with Regina for pizza. I'm not a sushi person so can't recommend anything for that. For Lobster Roll Neptune as mentioned is good. Another recommendation is Yankee Lobster in the seaport area.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Mongo

Mongo likes candy!
Nov 27, 2008
Vermont
I'm debating between coming to Boston with my wife for a game for her Christmas present. I'm looking at either the NYE game vs Buffalo or 2 weeks later vs Toronto. The pros and cons are fairly simple. Being in Boston for NYE could be quite the memory, but it is way more expensive to rent a hotel on NYE. First look I noticed there is a $200-300 increase for hotel costs for the night.

I've been to Boston and TD Garden plenty of times, but it has been years ago and I have never been for a NYE celebration. What is there to do in Boston for NYE? I do have 1 criteria for anything NYE related. My wife has epilepsy and it has taken her ability to walk so we need wheelchair friendly suggestions without a lot of flickering video and lights.

Thanks in advance!

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'm debating between coming to Boston with my wife for a game for her Christmas present. I'm looking at either the NYE game vs Buffalo or 2 weeks later vs Toronto. The pros and cons are fairly simple. Being in Boston for NYE could be quite the memory, but it is way more expensive to rent a hotel on NYE. First look I noticed there is a $200-300 increase for hotel costs for the night.

I've been to Boston and TD Garden plenty of times, but it has been years ago and I have never been for a NYE celebration. What is there to do in Boston for NYE? I do have 1 criteria for anything NYE related. My wife has epilepsy and it has taken her ability to walk so we need wheelchair friendly suggestions without a lot of flickering video and lights.

Thanks in advance!

Since 1975, Boston has held a New Years celebration know as First Night. See this link:

Reactions: Mongo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad