Injury Report: Virus protocol: Feb 12. Laughton + Lindblom; Prev: Voracek, Frost, Giroux, Braun, and Sanheim Added

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Nasty face first hit to the ice courtesy of the rat. Hope Friedman remains OK. Played well I thought.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
As of today, Jan. 22:

With Morin being placed back on taxi squad in the past few hours, that could signify an opening for Gostisbehere.

Myers, Couturier and Morin were the three roster players scratched from the last game. Morin is now ineligible to play. My guess is Myers, Couturier and Ghost will be the three players on the active roster who will be scratched tonight, unless there is another move forthcoming.

Only three players max can be scratched from an active roster.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
With Nate Prosser activated from the taxi squad on Jan. 28, Sam Morin was returned there to make a spot available.

Robert Hagg, Mark Friedman and Sean Couturier are the current players on the active roster who did not play Jan. 28.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
How does IR work this year?

Does Couts have to miss a certain amount of days or games this year?

I’m really hoping They get him back for 2nd Caps game

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How does IR work this year?

Does Couts have to miss a certain amount of days or games this year?

I’m really hoping They get him back for 2nd Caps game

They can back date it to when he got hurt. So the certain amount of days/games played shouldn’t be an issue & he should be able to rejoin the team right away when he’s deemed fit to play.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I'm not convinced Allison is even real.

Back in the 80s, the Flyers had a player named Ray Allison who was a member of the "Hi-Speed Line" with Brian Propp, his Juniors' linemate, and Ron Flockhart. Showed skill, showed promise, and then in Washington, the day after Christmas, he smashed his ankle into the net when those babies were nearly immovable. He was never the same player after that.

Allisons and ankles don't seem to mesh well with the Flyers.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Why did Frost wait 2 weeks to have the surgery, was the team hoping it wasn't necessary?

From the outset, it appeared he would be out for months. It isn't uncommon to see if an injury can heal on its own and, if no progress is shown, then opt for surgery.

From what has been said, Frost is having surgery in Colorado.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Tough luck for Frost. With our forward depth this was always an uphill battle for him. Now he's definitely behind Patrick on the depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad