Injury Report: Virus protocol: Feb 12. Laughton + Lindblom; Prev: Voracek, Frost, Giroux, Braun, and Sanheim Added

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Question is labrum damage. If significant it would lead to instability and expectation of additional dislocations. In such cases surgery may be indicated, with a 3-6 month recovery, including spend 3-4 weeks in a sling and able to start on stationary bike near end of that time, so impact on conditioning would be significant. The other impact would be a likely "tightening" of the shoulder which could impact his passing or shooting.

And no, I am not a doctor, nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. I am however going for similar surgery next week.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I would have moved g to center.

Laughton Hayes farabee...I thought played well together in a couple games last year.
plus it gets the puck hog away from others that need the puck as well.
Lindblom G TK
JVR Patrick Jake
Laughton Hayes Farabee
Raffl Bunny NAK

That's what I would have gone with

Reactions: BernieParent

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Well could be worse I guess considering that Myers can probably play in the 2-4 week timeframe, depending.

Hope Friedman's big shot goes better than poor Frost. Major bummer for the kid but he'll be back.

Big Z may get his debut sooner than expected. After that... well let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Come on Gost! Pass those tests/quarantine!

Reactions: Devonator

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Frost's offseason was too focused on abs, not shoulders. Crucial error.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
plus it gets the puck hog away from others that need the puck as well.
Lindblom G TK
JVR Patrick Jake
Laughton Hayes Farabee
Raffl Bunny NAK

That's what I would have gone with
Flip Patrick and g. Those are g’s boys. That’s a first line that should step up at this stage of their career. Patrick has had chemistry with Oskar and tk.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
john-bluto-blutarsky-meme-generator-my-advice-to-you-is-to-start-drinking-heavily-ecb7ab.jpg

macob.1994.jpg

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I guess Frost wont be back until April...

had a guy on my water polo team who dislocated his shoulder. Was 3 months-ish.

Awful timing to have the first real injury of your hockey career. Completely clean bill of health through juniors and AHL bar a groin strain...
It entirely depends on the person. The more muscle and the stronger your ligaments then the longer you can be out for, your bodys muscle actively tries to keep the arm out of the joint.

Frost being a slight bloke could get lucky. Ive seen players pop shoulders back in on the field and carry on playing, but I've also seen a prop pop it and be out for 7 months. Depends on the body composition.

As for a fractured rib. That f***ing sucks. He could be out for a month. I broke 2 last year and was one of the worst things I have ever done. Breathing hurts.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It entirely depends on the person. The more muscle and the stronger your ligaments then the longer you can be out for, your bodys muscle actively tries to keep the arm out of the joint.

Frost being a slight bloke could get lucky. Ive seen players pop shoulders back in on the field and carry on playing, but I've also seen a prop pop it and be out for 7 months. Depends on the body composition.

As for a fractured rib. That f***ing sucks. He could be out for a month. I broke 2 last year and was one of the worst things I have ever done. Breathing hurts.

Ouch. Playing sports?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I would prefer a mix of youth/vets on each line

I don't see that as necessary. None of those younger guys are rookies. They've all accumuluated decent experience. If they look best together, keep em' together.

I like the idea of the young line and the old line pushing each other too.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I've mentioned a few times (not that I expect anyone to remember) I have a friend who is a die-hard Hagg fan. I sent him a text this morning with an update on Frost and Myers, and of course this was his response:

"It's going to be a rough stretch. Myers is a huge loss, sucks what happened to Frost but I still don't think he was the best option to fill in for coots.

I would have moved G to C, Laughton to a wing and bunny to 4th line C. Frost needs AHL games once he is healed up and obviously needs to hit the weight room. "

The bolded really made me want to smack him upside the head.

My response to him was, "Coots and Myers are both injured from non-threatening, light hits. Do they have to hit the weightroom too?"

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad