Vinny Lecavalier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
It would surprise me. Even the one thing I thought that was his constant great asset, his heavy as hell shot, doesn't seem as good this season.

There's no way in hell he's a top six player anywhere either by the way. 40-50 point, maybe not completely outside the realm of possibility (though, it probably is) but even if he does start scoring at a 40-50 point pace, all he brings to a team is 40 to 50 points of production. Just in terms of point production that's a borderline top six player. Add in the facts that he's bad defensively, isn't great at face-offs, can't PK, can't play wing and 40 to 50 points is quite literally all you would be getting from him. If he took bad penalties too he'd be completely detrimental in every way possible.

So, that's not a top six player. Not on a good team at least. Even if he does surprise everyone and manage 40 to 50 points of production.

Last edited:

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
so hes talking about retiring after NEXT season....

hes not happy here, he sucks and the flyers dont want him...why wait ???

he obviously doesnt need the money....

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010

If he keeps getting healthy scratched he may well retire after this season. Cant imagine Berube letting him play unless someone became a bigger liability.

RJ8812*

If he keeps getting healthy scratched he may well retire after this season. Cant imagine Berube letting him play unless someone became a bigger liability.

Umberger could give him a run for his....money

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Depends how serious some of these rumors are of Vinny getting out. If even only one team is interested, can't risk Vinny getting hurt.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA

think your right. honestly believe vinny did not see this coming...

Depends how serious some of these rumors are of Vinny getting out. If even only one team is interested, can't risk Vinny getting hurt.

healthy scratch is best option from both angles...piss him off and keep him healthy.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Because he still wants to play for another 2 seasons. And who would want to turn down the ~10 million left, or 7.5 million in this next couple seasons. And what better way than to stick it to a team that won't play you and doesn't want you around, then sit around as a healthy scratch and collect millions.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Because he still wants to play for another 2 seasons. And who would want to turn down the ~10 million left, or 7.5 million in this next couple seasons. And what better way than to stick it to a team that won't play you and doesn't want you around, then sit around as a healthy scratch and collect millions.

I doubt that's what he's doing

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA

dont agree...really think he is a guy with alot of pride. he still thinks he can play and contribute. he hates the fact hes getting scratched...he is not going to sit and be embarrassed for two seasons. hes gonna try to go somewhere where he can prove he can still play. plus the fact is hes loaded, if he stays just to leech money out of the flyers id be surprised and disappointed. i think if nobody else wants him he will retire.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
dont agree...really think he is a guy with alot of pride. he still thinks he can play and contribute. he hates the fact hes getting scratched...he is not going to sit and be embarrassed for two seasons. hes gonna try to go somewhere where he can prove he can still play. plus the fact is hes loaded, if he stays just to leech money out of the flyers id be surprised and disappointed. i think if nobody else wants him he will retire.

A lot of players in the NHL are loaded, yet they still seek getting top dollar on contracts and cashing in while they can. And for someone with a lot of pride, I imagine it'll be too hard for them to accept their last seasons in the NHL being a healthy scratch. I imagine they'll want to go back out their and prove they still have it and go out playing. I just can't see him retiring this offseason, as good as it'd be for us.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Whatever, the last three games show he's a negative factor on this team, they're a better team when he doesn't dress. Faster, better defensively, lines make more sense and play together.

Funny, now that Umberger has a home on the 3rd line, he's actually looking like a NHL player, for one thing, he can skate, and play some defense, so if he isn't scoring, he isn't some black hole sucking all life out of the team like Vinnie.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Right now I think Lecavalier wouldn't be making the team worse if he was playing on the 4th line over VandeVelde. Read looks great on the right. Umberger looked better. Would still prefer an explosive player playing with Couts and Read. If this team stays healthy and wins some games I wouldn't mind seeing a lineup like this. Hopefully Vinnie does get moved soon though.

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Laughton-Simmonds
Leier-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Bellemare-White
Umberger (Scratch)

pinedak

Dec 4, 2014
WOWY Corsi (players with more than 10mins with Vinny):

Mason:
with Vinny: 38.2% CF
without: 50.8%

Emery:
with Vinny: 40.4% CF
without: 47% CF

Del Zotto:
with Vinny: 35.5% CF
without: 52.1%

Streit:
with Vinny: 35.1% CF
without: 51.5% CF

L. Schenn:
with Vinny: 35.6% CF
without: 53% CF

Coburn:
with Vinny: 42.6% CF
without: 49.3% CF

Grossmann:
with Vinny: 37% CF
without: 44.9% CF

Coliacovo:
with Vinny: 41.1% CF
without: 60.2% CF

MacDonald:
with Vinny: 42.3% CF
without: 45.5% CF

Schultz:
with Vinny: 47.1% CF
without: 47.3% CF

Simmonds:
with Vinny: 44.8% CF
without: 53%

Bellemare:
with Vinny: 36.5% CF
without: 46.6% CF

Laughton:
with Vinny: 41.1% CF
without: 57% CF

B. Schenn:
with Vinny: 35.3% CF
without: 54% CF

Rinaldo:
with Vinny: 29% CF
without: 42.9% CF

VandeVelde:
with Vinny: 30% CF
without: 39.6% CF

Raffl:
with Vinny: 42.9% CF
without: 55.7% CF

Akeson:
with Vinny: 18.2% CF
without: 38.8% CF

Average with: 37.37% CF
Average without: 49.4% CF

Words cannot describe how bad he is... 12% CF average lost by these 18 players by simply being on ice with Vinny.

also, I left Umberger out... look at this:

Lecavalier with Umberger: 42% CF
Lecavalier without Umberger: 34.5% CF
Umberger without Lecavalier: 39.1% CF

So they have both sucked... but it seems Umberger carries the pairing more than Vinny...

hes so unbelievably bad it has to be proven statistically to be believed.

Right now I think Lecavalier wouldn't be making the team worse if he was playing on the 4th line over VandeVelde. Read looks great on the right. Umberger looked better. Would still prefer an explosive player playing with Couts and Read. If this team stays healthy and wins some games I wouldn't mind seeing a lineup like this. Hopefully Vinnie does get moved soon though.

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Laughton-Simmonds
Leier-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Bellemare-White
Umberger (Scratch)

Note the above from Apple Yard. Vinny is the worst possession forward/ (player maybe?) in the entire league. Any line he plays on instantly becomes a nightmare.

Cmoneyflyguy

Jul 13, 2005
Wayne, Pa
weird.
Re: the whole team getting mumps and tanking for McDavid. There's zero guarantee we'll get him even if we are the worst (kane).
it's sooooooo dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad