Confirmed with Link: Vincent Trocheck signs $5.625 x 7

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
This comparison I made is more than just terms and salaries. Neither Drury nor Gomez had the chemistry Micheal Nylander had with Jagr. It failed miserably. It will be difficult for Trocheck to match the chemistry Strome had with the Breadman. I hope I'm wrong, but something tells me I have seen this picture before.

Strome and Panarin had chemistry but my feeling is still it resulted in the style of play that isn't successful in the playoffs or against tight checking teams

So...great they had some chemistry but it didn't come through when it mattered

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
This isn't a move that puts us over the top, but it is the best decision that they could have made considering they were going to be looking for a 2C in this price point anyways when their options seemed to be either re-sign Copp/Strome or trade a bucketload of assets for Miller or Scheifele. For a slight raise, they got the better player in Trocheck compared to Copp/Strome and will retain the pieces to help round out both their roster and organizational depth.

The best thing they've done is not waste more contracts on terrible depth players this offseason like McKegg, Tinnordi, etc. Whoever mentioned raising the floor of the team was the best way to put it, and I think they're in a better position than last year to handle any future injury bugs. We were icing half of an AHL lineup for ~25-30% of last season.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
This isn't a move that puts us over the top, but it is the best decision that they could have made considering they were going to be looking for a 2C in this price point anyways when their options seemed to be either re-sign Copp/Strome or trade a bucketload of assets for Miller or Scheifele. For a slight raise, they got the better player in Trocheck compared to Copp/Strome and will retain the pieces to help round out both their roster and organizational depth.

The best thing they've done is not waste more contracts on terrible depth players this offseason like McKegg, Tinnordi, etc. Whoever mentioned raising the floor of the team was the best way to put it, and I think they're in a better position than last year to handle any future injury bugs. We were icing half of an AHL lineup for ~25-30% of last season.
Trocheck signing was for the hole in the lineup. What will put the Rangers over the top is a staying power (get your heads out of gutter) of their vets and continued progress of the kids.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Strome and Panarin had chemistry but my feeling is still it resulted in the style of play that isn't successful in the playoffs or against tight checking teams

So...great they had some chemistry but it didn't come through when it mattered
I really hope I'm wrong, but like I said, I feel I have seen this picture before as with Gomez and Drury replacing Nylander.

Strome we know was hurt as he said so. Panarin likely doesn't want to use that as an excuse. But we all know he was not the same after the first round and was probably injured also.

96 points he had during the regular season. Jagr had 96 pts and 123 playing with Nylander. With Gomez only 71 pts. I hope I'm wrong but I can't help but see this coming.

Who knows maybe Chytil will center him.

Trocheck is the kind of player you would like to pick up at the TDL. A scrappy hard-nosed player suited for the playoffs. Not the guy you get to set up your star player all season long. That's just my take.

He did have 40 assists with FLA one year,... and he is better than Strome in finding the back of the net. So there is a chance I am all wrong about this. Sometimes I just fear the worst. I would really like to improve on what we did last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: RagFinMet

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I really hope I'm wrong, but like I said, I feel I have seen this picture before as with Gomez and Drury replacing Nylander.

Strome we know was hurt as he said so. Panarin likely doesn't want to use that as an excuse. But we all know he was not the same after the first round and was probably injured also.

96 points he had during the regular season. Jagr had 96 pts and 123 playing with Nylander. With Gomez only 71 pts. I hope I'm wrong but I can't help but see this coming.

Or Bread might be with Zib and CK with Troscheck. No telling yet but hopefully they experiment a little bit.
A line of CK-Tros-KK might be interesting in a north south way.

Reactions: ohbaby

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

Trocheck is the kind of player you would like to pick up at the TDL. A scrappy hard-nosed player suited for the playoffs. Not the guy you get to set up your star player all season long. That's just my take.

The difference in Panarin was pretty terrible at even strength last year so it's a wash at worst.

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
"Durian has been described as the most foul-smelling fruit in the world. Its aroma has been compared to raw sewage, rotting flesh and smelly gym socks. Durian's smell is so pungent that the spiky-skinned, custard-like fruit is even banned from public places in Singapore and Malaysia."
When I had it in Singapore, I described it as rotten chicken mixed with bubble gum.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
yeah watching panarin and strome get pushed to the outside and then try to sling a pass across the ice over and over again was pretty tired
If trochek can help push back the D and threaten the center of the ice more then I think that helps get panarin back to playing more effective hockey
Panarin gets back to playing more effective if he himself starts attacking the house again, not bc his linemate is doing it for him.

Ridiculous that this has turned into signing a certain center in order to get an 11+mil winger to become effective again 5v5.

Having said that I like trocheck a lot as a player but just think he may be miscast here long term. We will see

Reactions: RagFinMet and CLW

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Or Bread might be with Zib and CK with Troscheck. No telling yet but hopefully they experiment a little bit.
A line of CK-Tros-KK might be interesting in a north south way.
they literally told trocheck he'd be playing with panarin

that could certainly change as things evolve but that seems to be the expected move at the moment

Reactions: bleedblue94

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
they literally told trocheck he'd be playing with panarin

that could certainly change as things evolve but that seems to be the expected move at the moment
That might be the plan as of today but its a long season. Things happen and change at times.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Reactions: One moment please

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The whole team was terrible at even strength. Wonder what the common denominator could be…

Nah, obviously the problem is the guy who has been on pace for three 100-point seasons. I know the whole "Points don't mean everything" argument but when you're hitting 100 points per 82 games consistently, that kinda goes out the window for me.

Panarin isn't really the issue.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
At the end of the day, Panarin really shouldn't be on our second line anyway. Panarin is going to force our second line to play perimeter hockey and the rangers top line already plays perimeter hockey. We have the perfect center for Panarin in Mika. Time to put those two together and get a second line that will grind teams down.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Trocheck and Kreider need to be on different powerplay units. Trocheck also scores a lot of his goals in front of the net

Pretty much every goal was a rebound or deflection in front or finishing a 2 on 1. Drury has a keen eye for knowing the style of player the Rangers need and going out and getting it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00