Prospect Info: Ville Husso (2014 Draft - 94 Overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
He was putting the team behind right off the bat in games last year. Him solidifying the backup spot is very important to the team keeping Binnington fresh. Good start so far.
I'm quite surprised he did regroup, found his game and form.

Potential has been there all day all night. Glad to see him finally make his dreams slowly come true.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Had to bump this post.
WOW!!!

clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Husso last year had quite a few games where he’d let one in early, usually a pretty bad goal, and then settle in and play what would’ve been a solid game if not for the early softie. This year he’s been locked in from puck drop. I hope it continues and we have a formidable one-two punch in net.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
I hope we can keep Husso. Every start he gets seems like one more step further from that becoming a reality though. Good for him.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Wow, second post of the thread made back in 2015. Nice call, Captain!
Thanks lol I guess it helps when you’ve played goalie your whole life since you were 3. Both Binny and Husso are not really flashy goalies but their basic fundamentals of goaltending are exceptional. Both have also shown to exceed at every level of play throughout their career so it’s no surprise both guys are starting goalie material.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Seems like Husso needed his adjustment period like in all legues his played.
He was not superb when started in FEL but after taking his time he was amazing.
Might just do it again. Taking his time.
I think everyone forgets that it takes time to adjust to the big leagues.. especially for dmen and goalies. society is way too much "instant gratification" minded
and heaven forbid a player go into a slump.. yeesh

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I think everyone forgets that it takes time to adjust to the big leagues.. especially for dmen and goalies. society is way too much "instant gratification" minded
and heaven forbid a player go into a slump.. yeesh
I think the problem was that he was fantastic in the Liiga and went on a deep run, came over to NA and played lights out for 2 seasons and then fell off the face of the Earth while other guys were outperforming him. I personally wasn't sure if he'd regain form, then he had an ok bounce back, joined the Blues and had a miserable first season, and now randomly has taken steps to become an elite backup (for the time being). It has nothing to do with him learning the game because he came in and performed very well, it had more to do with maybe a language barrier, being moved back and forth and injuries, and not having a consistent schedule/playing time. Maybe the move to the NHL is a bit different, but he was slated to take the job back in 2018-2019 and couldn't do it. It's a moot point now because he's playing well, but the context is a bit different for him than for a guy like Carter Verhaeghe

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I think the problem was that he was fantastic in the Liiga and went on a deep run, came over to NA and played lights out for 2 seasons and then fell off the face of the Earth while other guys were outperforming him. I personally wasn't sure if he'd regain form, then he had an ok bounce back, joined the Blues and had a miserable first season, and now randomly has taken steps to become an elite backup (for the time being). It has nothing to do with him learning the game because he came in and performed very well, it had more to do with maybe a language barrier, being moved back and forth and injuries, and not having a consistent schedule/playing time. Maybe the move to the NHL is a bit different, but he was slated to take the job back in 2018-2019 and couldn't do it. It's a moot point now because he's playing well, but the context is a bit different for him than for a guy like Carter Verhaeghe
last year, IMO, it seemed like he had a hard time with the speed of the game. was doing much better by the end of the season

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
last year, IMO, it seemed like he had a hard time with the speed of the game. was doing much better by the end of the season
He did seem more comfortable, but he was giving up the first goal waaay too many times. As many others have stated, once he gave up that early goal, he was generally fine after that. But he seems to have worked on this during the offseason and now looks unfazed no matter the circumstance or game.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
He is pricing himself off the team beyond this year, but I'm still inching closer toward getting a Husso jersey. I wore #35 in college and he has been a joy to watch this year.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Preseason LAST year, I predicted Husso was going to take the starter's role from Binnington at some point in the season (maybe not permanently). Then he looked like the worst back-up in the league for a good while and put a lot more pressure in Binnington. This season is going a lot more how I expected last season to go. But I don't know what to expect from Husso long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad