Prospect Info: Ville Heinola, LD, Finland (20th Overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think you’re severally overestimating the capabilities of our current D. Let’s wait and see what happens when we run into some teams with better depth. The biggest difference between us and teams like the Hawks and Pens are we have better depth up front. On the back end the teams aren’t all that dissimilar. We’re getting some good goaltending to cover up some mistakes but we’re moving way too slow down low both in skating and puck movement.
I'm not though. Absolutely this D corps as is will struggle with deeper teams. However, to this point this year, considering what's happened to us and what we are working with - the D being somehow held accountable for defensive woes is totally exaggerated and quite inaccurate.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Nothing official but I'm gonna guess it was because he was not very good the prior game... So just giving him a chance to watch from up above and reset his game?
I'll say it again - I think Heinola looked tired in his last game. Going from 2 games a week to 4 or more, the physicality and travel for not only someone who isn't used to it, but a 18 year old who's body is still growing is bound to cause issues. Also, when you're tired, your decision making also slows down.

The Jets are managing his workload and expectations, and in my mind, if he's going to play up here that's exactly what they will need to continue to do. Give him a game rest here and there, let him recover, and watch some games too so he can continue to learn and build on his game.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'll say it again - I think Heinola looked tired in his last game. Going from 2 games a week to 4 or more, the physicality and travel for not only someone who isn't used to it, but a 18 year old who's body is still growing is bound to cause issues. Also, when you're tired, your decision making also slows down.

The Jets are managing his workload and expectations, and in my mind, if he's going to play up here that's exactly what they will need to continue to do. Give him a game rest here and there, let him recover, and watch some games too so he can continue to learn and build on his game.
This seems like it should be pretty obvious to most. Though the Jets will have a big decision to make very soon. This will be a big week for determining where young Ville will play out the rest of the season.

Reactions: Jet

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This seems like it should be pretty obvious to most. Though the Jets will have a big decision to make very soon. This will be a big week for determining where young Ville will play out the rest of the season.

Well, not all of us are experts in how 18 year old bodies react to physical exertion. Although it is an area where I would like to get more first hand knowledge. :nod:

Reactions: Jet

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Well, not all of us are experts in how 18 year old bodies react to physical exertion. Although it is an area where I would like to get more first hand knowledge. :nod:
There are many years that have demonstrated how teams usually use players on the bubble of being returned back to junior/Europe as 18 and 19 year olds. As they approach game 9 there is most often some rest games to observe from above and learn from watching.

Reactions: Duke749

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I'm not though. Absolutely this D corps as is will struggle with deeper teams. However, to this point this year, considering what's happened to us and what we are working with - the D being somehow held accountable for defensive woes is totally exaggerated and quite inaccurate.

Ok that statement I can’t disagree with. I think people have been overreacting. It’s going to be a struggle at times and it’s going to take some time for these guys to settle in.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Wait what, Duke is a mod nowadays? Hell why am I not a mod by now :laugh: I must be the only one left on the list of loooong time users not being a mod at some point by now :laugh:

I see you mod team! I see you!

(jk)
11 years and counting here :popcorn:

No consideration here either - We should stage a protest! :sarcasm:

Jk tho, don't think I could stomach what the mods have to put up with - Especially with this lot :laugh:

That was a low key good job mods btw.

Reactions: GJF

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I thought we actually missed Heinola’s quick retrievals and accurate first passes last night. Maybe it was just the type of game but we looked back to lackadaisical puck retrieval in that game.

Even one of my favorites, Morrissey was guilty of it.

I loved the quick thinking, passing and anticipation of Heinola, despite his size and occasional gaff.

Reactions: boydkc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad