Post-Game Talk: Viktorious Forses - Predators 4, Jets 0

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
As a former soldier that's a terrible analogy.

Let's say a soldier in war time. Best way to combat fear is with aggressiveness. If your mindset is so that death is of no conscequence then that should theoretically make you a pretty good soldier in a sense that you won't be paralyzed by fear.

Unless you are talking about "he who dares, wins", which was made popular by the British SAS.

Also, almost every male Finn has been conscripted to serve in the military so I guess that makes me a former soldier too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puckatron 3000

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
Charoit certainly seems to have been exposed by certain Preds players and situations. I understand he was one of the 25 who got us here but he's not playing like he belongs. Unfortunately Morrow the 4th round give away on his 4th or 5th team is not the answere, certainly not in PMo mind for a game 7.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I want to know why Ehlers didn't punch Subban in the face.

I'll tell you -- Ehlers was very close to punching Subban in the face--he was waiting for PK to just provoke him, but PK skated away, as his team was winning. I've seen Ehler's fight, and he's no pushover. He may be small, but he's got lots of game.

Bye the way--Nikky's fight card is (1-0) in his favor.saw him demolish a guy.:)

Reactions: robertocarlos

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Thats how most teams set up though. There arent many teams that have more than 1 elite shooter and 1 elite playmaker. Jets are probably the exception and possibly could employ some unique pp setups. Laine and Scheif are both unique in that they are elite shooters and playmakers. At times we have seen them be dangerous from the entire pp zone.....its pretty impressive when they get it going.
Wheeler was so bad on the PP that I started thinking that he has some sort of hand injury that is hampering him. It could be that he is fighting through something like that because he was far from his usual self last night.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
What a **** game by our top players. They put themselves on cruise control and now they have to go back to Nashville. 3 PPs in the 1st and not even a sniff of a chance just horrible. We didn't deserve to win that game at all and they should be embarrassed by that performance.

Your exactly right in your post -and I like that, as the Jet's were overconfident, and got spanked and embarrassed in their own building. When this happens, and a team's pride is hurt--they always come back with guns a-blazing-- just like Nashville did to us after we thumped them at home.

I think this will really give them incentive and motivation to go to Nashville and put out a 100 % effort--win or lose. I think it will be an exciting game. :)

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think the Jets showed their lack of experience. Early in the game they seemed nervous, missing a lot of passes, fumbling the puck and generally out of sorts. Later in the game they got better, but didn't really seem to know how to solve the Preds' defensive strategy. Myers' complete fail when he ponderously carried the puck up ice and then turned it over at the Preds' blueline was a perfect example of what was wrong with the Jets, and how badly Myers has played in this series.

Still, in the end this game was lost largely on the PP, which was completely ineffective. That's the Jets' best players, and they didn't get it done. They got killed on face-offs on their PP, which meant that they had to regroup constantly, and they had no answer for the Preds' defense of the zone entry.

I've had it with Myers on the PP, by the way. His play this series has been awful enough - to have him fumble around on the PP is just too much. I can't for the life of me understand why they don't have Morrissey on the 2nd PP, and turn it into a "lefty" PP (mirroring the "righty" first PP). Little down low in Stastny's role, Connor in the slot in Scheifele's role, Perreault on the left wall (Wheeler's) role, Ehlers on the right half wall (Laine) and Morrissey up top (Buff).

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
The story of the game is that the Preds got two incredibly lucky bounces and then locked it down. Their ability to lock down a lead when they play their A game is the scary part but we've done the same thing all year and did the same thing in Game 1 - surrender lots of shots but very little scoring chances and on the scoring chances, the goalie makes all the saves.

The biggest mistake in the narrative and our expectations has been the changing momentum in the series - we apparently had it, then they apparently had it and so on. That never happened. Nobody has or had momentum. I could tell from the opening few shifts that Buff, Wheeler, Ehlers and Laine weren't skating at all. Even Brandon Tanev wasn't moving his feet and that is basically all he does. Nobody could make a 5 foot pass. The pressure obviously got to them. I think they come out flying in Game 7 and it will be up to the goalies to figure out who moves on.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I think the Jets showed their lack of experience. Early in the game they seemed nervous, missing a lot of passes, fumbling the puck and generally out of sorts. Later in the game they got better, but didn't really seem to know how to solve the Preds' defensive strategy. Myers' complete fail when he ponderously carried the puck up ice and then turned it over at the Preds' blueline was a perfect example of what was wrong with the Jets, and how badly Myers has played in this series.

Still, in the end this game was lost largely on the PP, which was completely ineffective. That's the Jets' best players, and they didn't get it done. They got killed on face-offs on their PP, which meant that they had to regroup constantly, and they had no answer for the Preds' defense of the zone entry.

I've had it with Myers on the PP, by the way. His play this series has been awful enough - to have him fumble around on the PP is just too much. I can't for the life of me understand why they don't have Morrissey on the 2nd PP, and turn it into a "lefty" PP (mirroring the "righty" first PP). Little down low in Stastny's role, Connor in the slot in Scheifele's role, Perreault on the left wall (Wheeler's) role, Ehlers on the right half wall (Laine) and Morrissey up top (Buff).

Laine playing the point on the PP isn't much better. This has become a very scary situation.

Reactions: GNP

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
For game 7, would people prefer one team dominate (ex: 5-1 final score) just to prove the winning team was the better team, or a nail biter (like double OT) just to show how close the two teams were matched?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Your exactly right in your post -and I like that, as the Jet's were overconfident, and got spanked and embarrassed in their own building. When this happens, and a team's pride is hurt--they always come back with guns a-blazing-- just like Nashville did to us after we thumped them at home.

I think this will really give them incentive and motivation to go to Nashville and put out a 100 % effort--win or lose. I think it will be an exciting game. :)

It’s game 7. I would be extremely disappointed if they don’t give 100% effort.

Reactions: GNP

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
For game 7, would people prefer one team dominate (ex: 5-1 final score) just to prove the winning team was the better team, or a nail biter (like double OT) just to show how close the two teams were matched?

As long as we win, I don’t care. Though more overtimes may harm us in the next round if we win.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Scoring first is going to be imperative in game 7. We need to put the pressure back on them early. When we do that it allows us to play our game and we can beat them if we play our game. Thursday is going to be a clench fest and hopefully a clinch fest.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I completely get what your saying, every game is different. I just don’t think luck or momentum is in our favour. We obviously have a big chance a winning and I hope we do but we should have at least shown up for the game yesterday instead of blowing 5 powerplays and letting in silly goals.
Luck isn't a thing.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I think a lot of the Jets faithful are feeling down today after last night’s 4-0 loss to Nashville. I include myself in that group as it’s disappointing to miss out on the opportunity to wrap up a series on home ice. It’s also no fun when the fans don’t have a chance to cheer for at least one goal. It’s all down to one game now and the Jets need to win in order to still have a chance to win the Stanley Cup and allow for more whiteout block parties.

Even though the Predators shut us down quite effectively last night, the pressure will still be on them when the teams meet again Thursday night in Nashville. They haven’t played as well on home ice as they did on the road. Of the 3 games played in Nashville so far, the one game they did win took double overtime to defeat the Jets 5-4. On the other hand, the Jets won the other two games by scores of 4-1 and 6-2. That has to be in the back of the Predators minds as well. There was no guarantee by Subban after game 6 that Nashville will win game 7.

I can’t say for sure the Jets will win the game on Thursday but based on the previous 3 games in Nashville they can’t be counted out in spite of last night’s performance. The players will probably feel less pressure being on the road as it will be Nashville that will have the pressure of performing for their fans. Hopefully, the Jets will once again rise to the occasion and catch the Predators and their fans off guard to win the game and come back home to prepare for Vegas.

:jets

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
pjCF2hN.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad